Sort of working?!?!

the_watcher87

Inactive User
Reaction score
Thanks to bro I finally have my incubus config file edited correctly. Thing is channels will only work for a few seconds and then will freeze. Whilst they are working they stutter. I use a wireless network extender to connect to my router, could this be the problem.

You could try a quick test goto CANAL+ Digitaal Nederland (19E) or JSC Sport+ (13E) and see if it still freezes, these should be rock solid on any server because ecm time is about a week. Then goto some more demanding providers like VIASAT (5E/75E/1W) or Total TV (16E) and see what happens.

I take it you are not sharing (incubus client) and on either your mates or a payserver. If its your mates and its free well tell him to get some better peers or if its a payserver ask for your money back and dont belive the hype.

Si

Well now i know it's not the wireless extender as I went and got a long enough lan cable and its still doing the same? anyone any ideas?

missed off i use a wireless bridge sometimes and it works spot on so doubt thats your problem.

Si

Well am afraid its refund time mate or take the hit.

Si

Its hard to say what it could be. The provider you are talking about does the server have the card as a local? If it is not it means you will be relying on the cards on other servers. Incubus is not to clever at working out which card to use and can sometimes crash.

What you could do to test this out is goto ch4hd and then goto a premium hd channel (use your imagination to which one) and see what happens. If you have a non hd box use fta/movies/sports.

If you get a lot of locking up it means that not one off the cards you have access to has the complete full package so its hopping around looking.

If its just crashing at random, let us know what cam version you are using.

Si

hi Si, it seems to be crashing at random, i hit red button for a restart and it will start again. Just seems unreliable if I want it to record something. I have tried 0.85 and now using 0.82. It seems to be lasting a bit longer with 0.82 before crashing midbroadcast.

Back