Something wrong with my air con?

Kris

DW Member ++
Reaction score
On Monday night, a Citroen Saxo rolled down the hill outside my house into the front of my Ford Focus. It only rolled about 8 feet but it rolled down nonetheless :Angryfire

There doesn't appear to be any visible damage but I'm not sure if it's caused my air con to stop working. It hasn't been used since last summer and it wasn't at it's best then but it worked and kept the car cool. Since then, I've used my air con properly for the first time (it was used a few times in the winter to clear the windscreen) this week since last summer and the air coming through doesn't appear to be any colder than it does with it off.

Is it possible that the Saxo that rolled into my car has done some damage to the condenser at the front? I've not seen any fluids lost from the car so could it then just be time for it to be re-gassed?

air con rad could be damaged..

best ting to do it get it pressure tested.. or if your of mechanical mind test to see if there is pressure in the system yourself.

if theres no pressure the the car coulda done the damage so claim on their insurence

Sounds to me like it just needs a refill.

Watch the aircon pump in the middle while engine running, the centre wont spin while air con is off, now switch it on, if the centre still doesnt spin then there isnt any gas ;) You may of fractured a pipe at the front and let all that harmfull gas into the air. :)

Get them to pressure test it with air first, lol. Garage I took my oild pug too for a similar test charge me for regassin the fooker when all I wanted to know was if there was a leak.

Needs a refill, our focus is the same. Haven't used the aircon since last year and now it needs to be refilled. You are supposed to turn it on once a month at least or something to stop it going.

When I bought my current car, it was a hot July afternoon and like I am now, I was sick. ive been ill all week and cant shake this heavy cold. Needless to say, I was feeling cold and wrapped in fleeces and I didnt check the a/c.

Well anyways I went for a refill, cost me about £60 only to find it still doesnt work. Turns out the compressor is knackered :( Gonna cost me loads so Ive never bothered, just suffered in the heat last few years.

Hopefully m8, with you its just a refill issue.

My previous Ford Mondeo which was over 10 years old never once had an issue.

Thanks everyone.

I'll fork out for a refill when the heat starts to bother me then. Car has had it's wheel in my pocket last couple of months with a new exhaust, service, MOT and new windscreen so I think it's had enough spent on it recently! :FRIGHT:

they dont do a pressure test on them what they do is vacum test them
and test for a leak and then they then do a pressure test using nitrogen
and if it passes that they they gas it up
it all depends how old the car is they use different gas on different age cars

Back