solo2 on order!

is there a better image for what i want the box to do?

Blackhole, wipes the floor with Vix imo..... it doesnt matter which image you run as long as you use compatible cam.ipks ect and put the files in the correct place, just take your time and keep reading you will get there eventually.regards mdt

can somebody confirm if i am doing this right?

i have put my details on notepad and put it in a folder marked solo2
i open filezilla and log into the box

i open the solo2 file and there is the CCcam.cfg file

on the box side of filezilla i double click the var folder,double click the etc folder.

i then go across to windows side of filezilla and double click the CCcam.cfg file.

i can see the file on the box side,i can even read the details.

am i missing somthing,start cam or something,bit stuck atm,

thanks to all.

If you copy the file over and it's correct then press the blue button and see if the cam server is running...

There are two parts of CCcam. The binary (software) and the config file (CCcam.cfg).

I take it you have installed the software.
On E2 machines, the config file needs to go into /etc/ not var/etc. ( /var/etc is for enigma1 machines).

After this you need to start it in the softcam Manager. On Vix.... Blue > Softcam Manager. It will show you the installed cams. Start it and also enable startup.(There is a built in check on Vix where it periodically checks te cam and restarts it if not working)

There are two parts of CCcam. The binary (software) and the config file (CCcam.cfg).

I take it you have installed the software.
On E2 machines, the config file needs to go into /etc/ not var/etc. ( /var/etc is for enigma1 machines).

After this you need to start it in the softcam Manager. On Vix.... Blue > Softcam Manager. It will show you the installed cams. Start it and also enable startup.(There is a built in check on Vix where it periodically checks te cam and restarts it if not working)

a great big thank you to you Abu Baniaz,i did download the files last night but i did not go to bluebutton,vix,install.
all up and running now.
i will have a look at rats stickies with regards a multi sat list.
thanks again.

just remember to backup your settings once your finish,
saves you all the hassle with any future images you flash

Once you have had it running for a while, you can make an image backup (different from settings backup) and try out Blackhole. That way you can go back to the Vix image without having to re-install/set anythng.

Once you have had it running for a while, you can make an image backup (different from settings backup) and try out Blackhole. That way you can go back to the Vix image without having to re-install/set anythng.

thanks abu,just had to reflash the vix image,not sure why but it would only reboot.
i think it must have been something to do with the motorised channel list,rats updater.
not exactly sure why but it is ok now with the basic vix channel list.
i am happy for now,with it and stable.
it is a very powerful bit of kit,golf on the tv,football on the pad and both running perfect.
got to say the hd quality is stunning.

i have put the vhannibal E2 bouquet packs onto the solo (thanks again to Abu Baniaz)
it really is a great bouquets list,the only problem i am finding atm is that is epg is just about empty.
i have read somewhere that rats updater works,not not sure,if someone could shed some light on it.
I have also downloaded the autobouquetsmaker on the box,should i get rid of that now i am using the other bouquets?
it might have been over written when i downloaded it,not sure.
also Abuy Baniaz advised me to back up my image,which i have done.
menu,setup,vix,image manager,green button.
i have a 4gb usb memory in the back,it has only used .2gb of data,can that be right?

Last edited:
Back