Android Android Music Player

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Reaction score
Every time i open/ play any music/ song whether it be through a 3rd party app or Android default player, i can never find a way to stop/ close the app apart from using the force stop method. There only seems to be pause available. Even if you press the back button which normally closes an app, it's still open when you swipe down from the top.

Am i missing something blindingly obvious? :)

Which one are you using?
I've always used MX player for music or videos, to stop it hit the 3 lines at the bottom of your phone then swipe up the app...

Which one are you using?
I've always used MX player for music or videos, to stop it hit the 3 lines at the bottom of your phone then swipe up the app...
I think it's just the default app in Android? I've also tried a few music/ mp3 players from the play store, all the same problem lol.
I don't really listen to music on it very often, it just has puzzled me. :)

@avid phone :)

I think it's just the default app in Android? I've also tried a few music/ mp3 players from the play store, all the same problem lol.
I don't really listen to music on it very often, it just has puzzled me. :)

@avid phone :)
TBH most don't have them now...

This is the play screen:
Screenshot_20240313-151718.png

If i click the back button (bottom left) it goes back to the home screen, but the song keeps playing. If i then swipe from top:

Screenshot_20240313-151741.png

I have to go into the Files app info and use force stop. Lol

It's not a big issue, but i thought there must be a simpler way to stop it?
I remember trying a few music players to find a suitable one for my Quest headset and i remember i had this dilemma with them all lol.
It's only come into my mind now because a lad in work (whos clueless on this) asked me to download a few albums and put them on his phone, (as his mp3 player packed up) so i did it for him and he said it was all fine except how the hell do you stop it, and i said Fcuk knows but I'll try and suss it :)

It's not a big issue, but i thought there must be a simpler way to stop it?
I remember trying a few music players to find a suitable one for my Quest headset and i remember i had this dilemma with them all lol.
It's only come into my mind now because a lad in work (whos clueless on this) asked me to download a few albums and put them on his phone, (as his mp3 player packed up) so i did it for him and he said it was all fine except how the hell do you stop it, and i said Fcuk knows but I'll try and suss it :)
Everything is swipe to close now on android phones...

Back