solo2 on order!

easymo3

DW Member +
Reaction score
I have given up waiting for the duo2 to arrive and ordered the solo2 today.
I have had a bit of experience with linux using a tm500s,but still a novice.
Will filezilla work with the solo2?
Will dreambox edit work?
Are there any better programs out there for ftp'ing and editing channels?
The box will be coming without anything added to it (preinstalled firmware)
do i just download the vix image(the one i am going to start with)to usb
can sombody please explain what a bootloader is?
i am sure there will be many many more questions in the coming days!

thanks for reading,any any input will be very gratefully received.

No need for the Bootloader on the Solo2 any image just put onto USB and flash, Filezilla can still be used as well as dreambox editand other programs such as DCC and Vucc to enable files to be transferred across

If your operating sytem is Linux or Win7 etc then enable samba on the image and you can browse folders through your network instead of using filezilla etc...

Rumours abound the Duo2 is ready for launch next month but who knows only Vu themselves

No need for the Bootloader on the Solo2 any image just put onto USB and flash, Filezilla can still be used as well as dreambox editand other programs such as DCC and Vucc to enable files to be transferred across

If your operating sytem is Linux or Win7 etc then enable samba on the image and you can browse folders through your network instead of using filezilla etc...

Rumours abound the Duo2 is ready for launch next month but who knows only Vu themselves

thanks digi247,more q's to follow lol.

I use windows and mac and so for me cyberduck has been the best,
Really good software, easy to use and well laid out

ok guy's,i have the box.
i have put the latest vix image on and i think i have configured the tuners,1 fixed and 1 motorised with my co-ordinates.
i want to put rats bouquets on but can not remember how i did it before?
it was on an enigma1 image so it is prob a different way.
any pointers would be a great help.
thanks.

Copy the ipk for rats updater onto a USB stick, plug it in. You will be prompted to install extensions. Install plugin and run.

As you have motorised, Rats list may not be best for you.

Copy the ipk for rats updater onto a USB stick, plug it in. You will be prompted to install extensions. Install plugin and run.

As you have motorised, Rats list may not be best for you.

i will start using rats list for now,i will worry about other sats a little later,thanks for the info abu.

Search the internet for a thread called New box set up guide by Josh_G
thanks for that abu,i have got rats plugin working ok,i will just go at one step at a time,trying to work out if i need another plugin for cccam?
not sure where to put the cline as yet.

when i set up a tm500s,i just ftp'd to var/etc/cccam config file.
there is no such file atm,do i need to download a plugin?
had a look at plugins but none look like the plugins for the enigma1 units!
any idea's peeps please?

You cannot install cams from vix feeds. The ipks are on DW in download section (don't know why it is in the tm500 section) as well as on openvix.co.uk
OpenVix Cams - Downloads - DigitalWorldz - Satellite, Cable, Console Forums

Big difference is that they do not create the CCcam.cfg. You will have to create/transfer it yourself (you can just copy the one fro the tm500s). On E2 machines, the file goes in /etc/

Last edited by a moderator:
You cannot install cams from vix feeds. The ipks are on DW in download section (don't know why it is in the tm500 section) as well as on openvix.co.uk

Big difference is that they do not create the CCcam.cfg. You will have to create/transfer it yourself (you can just copy the one fro the tm500s). On E2 machines, the file goes in /etc/

sorry abu,i am a bit lost ATM,i downloaded the file open vix cams,unrared it,do i put just 1 ipk file into thesolo2?

how do i create/transfer a file.
sorry for what probably seem obvious to some,it is a sharp learning curve from using a spiderbox for a good while

is there a better image for what i want the box to do?

Stick with the image.

When you downloaded those cams, there are lots of them. Pick the one you want and install it, transfer the CCam.cfg and then start the cam.

Ipk go into the tmp folder,
I normally just install tspanel and use that to install all the bits I need

Tspanel is known to cause issues on vix images. Use at own risk.

If you don't believe me about installing from USB, try it. You can use either.

I'm running a older version of vix but its been running fine with tspanel for the past few years,

Tspanel is known to cause issues on vix images. Use at own risk.

If you don't believe me about installing from USB, try it. You can use either.

my head is now a shed full of s@@t lol.
thanks for your advise abu,i have a long way to go but i will get there,lol
this solo2 is light year in front of the spiderbox,not taking any thing away from it.
it has served me well.

Back