solo2 no scart output

easymo3

DW Member +
Reaction score
Guy,s I used to use the scart output to put into a triax link to pump around the house.

For some reason there is no signal now,even when i connect it from the solo2 directly to my tv via a scart lead.

I do not think I have altered any setting but not sure.

I have tried altering the setting in setup,system,a/v settings but it does not make any difference, it still will not work.

Thinking it might be a reflash, any suggestions most welcome before I reflash it.

thanks for reading.

p.s I am running the lastest vix image

Last edited:
Guy,s I used to use the scart output to put into a triax link to pump around the house.

For some reason there is no signal now,even when i connect it from the solo2 directly to my tv via a scart lead.

I do not think I have altered any setting but not sure.

I have tried altering the setting in setup,system,a/v settings but it does not make any difference, it still will not work.

Thinking it might be a reflash, any suggestions most welcome before I reflash it.

thanks for reading.

p.s I am running the lastest vix image

I was just going to return my triax until I seen this post, mine was working fine up until about a week ago, running the latest Vix image on solo2, I wonder was it an update that messed something up. hope someone has a fix for this. Kellogs.

Feeds may be down or unstable.

Menu > Setup > System > Software update
Change allow unstable updates to "yes"

Here is the fix if you want to do it manually as provided by Rob van Der Does
You can try for yourself using the attached file (unzip and transfer to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components ).
Restart Enigma2 and remove the file after the restart.

Attachments

• AVSwitch.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 8
Feeds may be down or unstable.

Menu > Setup > System > Software update
Change allow unstable updates to "yes"

Here is the fix if you want to do it manually as provided by Rob van Der Does

I have now enabled unstable updates and now have build 729 driver 2013-08-19 kernel 3.3.8

but still no scart connection.

thanks for the advise Abu, have you got the link to josh.g set up of solo2 for after a reflash?

thanks

I have now enabled unstable updates and now have build 729 driver 2013-08-19 kernel 3.3.8

but still no scart connection.

thanks for the advise Abu, have you got the link to josh.g set up of solo2 for after a reflash?

thanks

Just use the file posted above by Abu it does work.

For Josh's guide, just search for 23571-New-box-set-up-guide.

Post back if there are problems with the manual fix. I shall post on the thread on the other site for benefit of everyone, it should have fixed it.

Guys, I have the same issue as Easymo3, I downloaded the file Abu put up, but can open it, PHP file. what build of VIX would you suggest reflashing with, I cant see how flashing with 729 would help, the problem seems to have started from 725.

You do not need to open it. Download the file, extract it with 7zip or similar and then ftp to following location: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components

If a file is found to be corrupt, and it is then fixed/replaced in a newer image, when you install the newer image, problem will be fixed.

Hi Abu. I sent that file to the box in the way you layed out above and restarted the box and removed the file, still the same, tried again this time leaving the file and still no joy, their is no newer build that 729 so I cant update the image, guess I will have to wait for a newer image or flash BH and then flash Vix again. cheers.

Sorry, those instructions need a bit more.

Try the following: Delete the existing "AVSwitch.pyo". Transfer the "AVSwitch.py", make sure it is has 755 file permissions. Reboot the box and it will create a new (corrected) AVswitch.pyo. Then delete the AVswitch.py which you had as it will not be needed. Hopefully it will work this time.

Sorry Abu, still no joy, the only thing I noticed is the new avswitch. pyo has 644 file permissions. maybe it is the triax after, maybe easymo can confirm if he got sorted. thanks K.

Sorry Abu, still no joy, the only thing I noticed is the new avswitch. pyo has 644 file permissions. maybe it is the triax after, maybe easymo can confirm if he got sorted. thanks K.

no mate,I flashed black hole on, but then still no joy

I changed scart leads and now working, so make sure you have a look at your scart!!

ready for an image change anyway and glad I did!

no mate,I flashed black hole on, but then still no joy

I changed scart leads and now working, so make sure you have a look at your scart!!

ready for an image change anyway and glad I did!
Cheers easymo. will check all cabels connections. K

Guys, I checked the output through a media player I have using RCA cables because it has no scart output and I have picture and audio, not getting anything from the VU+ with either RCA or Scart, I even connected the VU+ directly to the tv with RCA and changed the AV setting on the it, Nothing. I tried the fix Abu posted with no joy, looks like it will only output through HDMI. anyone any ideas apart from flashing an older build of VIX. thanks K.

Back