Solo2 Jtag

Hi guys newbie to this can anyone recommend a uk supplier for a Jtag board with connections that works on vu
Thanks in advance guys

i think that my NAND it's a new model
K9F2G08U0C
It have a diferent number

Hi,

any adress to buy this jtag tool? I searched on aliexpress or ebay but didn't find this cypress jtag module.

Thanks,

Thanks for the link.
and have also purchased these cables female female to connect it
40pcs-dupont-wire-cable-female-female-connector-254mm-20cm-757dde24-800x800.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

I successfully Jtagged Solo2 for Broadcom Studio 3.0 or 3.1 and so on but i'm stuck not with another box with the bad block story...

I can erase the chip but i can't download the bin file. Always same error message; The starting offset is a bad block. The operation has been terminated.

In my opinion there is no bad block but just a write lock i didn't figure out yet.

If anyone of you has an idea, please shout. I'm not probably trying to remove the chip (already done before) and replace with a brand new chip. The software solution was my preferred option but now i have the feeling i need to go hardware.

++

Hi,

I successfully Jtagged Solo2 for Broadcom Studio 3.0 or 3.1 and so on but i'm stuck not with another box with the bad block story...

I can erase the chip but i can't download the bin file. Always same error message; The starting offset is a bad block. The operation has been terminated.

In my opinion there is no bad block but just a write lock i didn't figure out yet.

If anyone of you has an idea, please shout. I'm not probably trying to remove the chip (already done before) and replace with a brand new chip. The software solution was my preferred option but now i have the feeling i need to go hardware.

++

Hi,

++
I had the same problem did not work for me until I replaced the chip.
I know this is not what you want to hear,but it seem to work for some but not all.

I had the same problem did not work for me until I replaced the chip.
I know this is not what you want to hear,but it seem to work for some but not all.

Was yours a dragonworth box?

were did you get the chip from?

can someone give a link to someone in ebay that sell working chip K9F1G08U0A please seems like mine is gone

I have another Solo2 box to try and fix in addition to my own and I'm hoping someone can help me out a bit.
This has already had the flash chip changed, a Toshiba TC58NVG3S3ETA00, which differs slightly from the TC58NVG1S3ETA00 that the Chinese seem to be sending out as a replacement. This chip was bought from Aliexpress as a Solo2 flash replacement, but I cannot find the correct xml file relevant to this chip for the BBS software.
Needless to say, this box will not boot and at the moment BBS returns an error message: Maker ID returned from flash: FF does not match. I've tried creating an xml file using the NVG1S3 file as a template, changing the ID name, but it's not worked.

Can anyone assist please?

Edit - scratch that. On closer inspection of the chip it is actually a TC58NVG0S3ETA00. (The markings on the chip are very hard to read!)
I believe that this chip is not suitable as it is only a 1Gbit, whereas the original Samsung is 2Gbit.
Can anyone confirm this please?

Looking TC58NVG1S3ETA00 xml for BBS maybe who have and reshare ?

Thx i connect to flash ok but when write still get info :

The starting offset is in bad block. The operation has been terminated.

I try erase and again write still blocked.

I think only one way reanimation this box replace flash.

br

Thx i connect to flash ok but when write still get info :

The starting offset is in bad block. The operation has been terminated.

I try erase and again write still blocked.

I think only one way reanimation this box replace flash.

br

BB3 can not deal with a bad block youll need to replace the flash mate unfortunately.

its two jumpers version, i read that these board not support bbs

and we needs one jumper version, like these

maybe I'm wrong, experts please confirm

View attachment 83644

Hi.
It's possible to use the cypress with two jumpers.
I used Windows XP and it is been recognized by SO fine.

I followed this info:
Finaly i can confirm that cy7c68013a FAKE version (dual jumper) work. I see "connected"" :))
It's only problem with the drivers.This is what i do on my pc with xp sp3
1° install bs3
2° install driver BcmUsb.zip (but it still doesn't work) always non connect
3° download cy3684kit_RC8 and install CY3684Setup.exe
4° reboot
5° With interface connected , launc Bs3, then power on ibox2, it will change from not connected to connect.

I was able to use 'fake' interface for iBox recovery, you need to initialize EZ-USB is this way:
- Tested on XP x86 and W7 x86 (I could replicate steps on W8.1 X64)
- install BS 3.0
- both jumper are ON
- connect EZ-USB to PC
- you will see prompt: System found new hardware "Broadcom Test Adapter(Uninitialize)"
- install driver (BcmUsb.zip)
- after few seconds, new USB hardware will be ready ""Broadcom Test Adapter" - device description is without"(Uninitialize)"
- run BS 3.0
- connect 3x wires EZ-Board <-> Tuner (3.3v PIN is not used/connected !)
- you should see message "Connected"

Hope this can help for the ones have bought this cypress board with two jumpers.

Back