Solo2 Jtag

HI again.
By the early post you can see i can put the cypress board working and recognized by the system, but now i cant connect my Vu SOLO 2 SE to BBS. It always show disconnected and when i do the view- bcm97346 it gives an error:

"Error: Unable to connect to the local database: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Broadcom Corporation\Broadband Studio\Drivers\Chips\Bcm7346.sdfIncompatible Database Version. If this was a compatible file, run repair. For other cases refer to documentation. [ Db version = 4000000,Requested version = 3505053,File name = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Broadcom Corporation\Broadband Studio\Drivers\Chips\Bcm7346.sdf ]"

This happens to some of you? For my Lonrisun with Toshiba TC58NVG1S3ETA00 Nand is the BCM7346 i should use right?
Why i'm having that error?
Someone can help me?

I just fixed my friend solo2, I don't have CY7C68013A so I made a nand flash programmer with pic18f. After read out the flash I understand the tbomb firmware erased from 0-0x400000h and programmed some random data to spare.The bootloader used was vusolo2-flash_by_jtag.zip found on the net,but attention the bytes must be swapped and ECC must be calculated if you are using external programmer.Maybe if you are using jtag programmer you don't have, because the CPU automatically write ECC after sector write.So I downloaded vusolo2-flash_by_jtag.zip inside found vusolo2-flash by jtag.bin, removed extra part from 0x400000, programmed the flash, updated the spare with good ecc, put back the flash to solo2, power on and "Starting.."-on display, powered off, put a new firmware on the usb, re-flashed with good firmware and thats all.

HI!
This solution looks interesting also.
Can you tell us the schematic to make the programmer for this NAND flashes? And what software did you use to change the content of the NAND?
Thanks!

HI again.
By the early post you can see i can put the cypress board working and recognized by the system, but now i cant connect my Vu SOLO 2 SE to BBS. It always show disconnected and when i do the view- bcm97346 it gives an error:

"Error: Unable to connect to the local database: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Broadcom Corporation\Broadband Studio\Drivers\Chips\Bcm7346.sdfIncompatible Database Version. If this was a compatible file, run repair. For other cases refer to documentation. [ Db version = 4000000,Requested version = 3505053,File name = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Broadcom Corporation\Broadband Studio\Drivers\Chips\Bcm7346.sdf ]"

This happens to some of you? For my Lonrisun with Toshiba TC58NVG1S3ETA00 Nand is the BCM7346 i should use right?
Why i'm having that error?
Someone can help me?

BCM7346 is right but BBS is in wrong version. Download whole package uploaded by soleros.

Guys,

I have stuck in recovery of solo2 (dragon). It works fine until one day I uploaded lorinsun image and then after reboot box did not start anymore. The only power button was highlighted, no "starting..." on VFD. I have tried with JTAG and several CFE I found but RS232 shows only 734600127346001273460012 in loop nothihg else was happening. I think the NAND flash is not broken since I can read/write it with JTAG but I am not sure how the timebomb is really working and what can really be destroyed. So maybe wrong CFE? I cannot find any any live links for dragon CFE or full flash dump. Any advies for next steps? If one of you can share these files with me I will appreciate that.

Hi. Today I have received nand chip and replaced it. CFE uploaded by JTAG and then uploaded old OpenPLI image over USB (from 08.12.2013) and now solo2 by dragon works fine again. From that I red on other threads the old nand was not really destroyed. The only bad block index was modified by timebomb however fixing that without external programmer is impossible so far.

thanks for informations

- - - Updated - - -

Cypress CY7C68013A board work very well

Can any one help. I swapped nand chip and it worked fine for a week but now get HW error

It was a short estrangement, shes back:Doc:<br />
<br />
Box had HW error and tried BH 2.08 by AJT and that sits on starting. Tried Apollo and that flashes but back to HW Error.<br />
<br />
Read up and might need to flash with a FPGA upgrade, is there anyway to do it with out original cable, USB is out as cant boot up?

Seen full dump of solo2 clone on some site, but didnt remember where, so it exists, filesize 262 Mb.

Why you need full dump? flash boot loader and then clone safe image or original.

p.s recovered my clone box to, but one of new samsung nand was defective..

i dont have jtag i need full flash to use with external chip programmer (batronix bx48 batego)

as it happens i bought one off ebay.. same issue replace main flash waiting on that then il take a full dump.. post it here 4u

cy7c68013a ,, if u get one il feed you threw it step by step fixed mine .. was a pain ,,until i figured you dont need drivers for cy7c68013a u use the bcmusb ones,, right easy once you know how il do a tut, + add files to help you,, im just this second trying to update to latest firmware,, so let yanno how that ends,, lol.but its now working,

cy7c68013a ,, if u get one il feed you threw it step by step fixed mine .. was a pain ,,until i figured you dont need drivers for cy7c68013a u use the bcmusb ones,, right easy once you know how il do a tut, + add files to help you,, im just this second trying to update to latest firmware,, so let yanno how that ends,, lol.but its now working,

Ok..I have CY7C68013A-56 EZ-USB FX2LP USB2.0 Develope Board Module Logic Analyzer EEPROM
I thought u use universal programmer..if u will have time ,please post tutorial or send message..thanks

Back