Solo2 Jtag

@tibi67, I have a flash chip that came from my Solo2, which has been rendered unusable by the TB process. As I have no means to experiment with it with an external programmer, would you be able to look at it for me if I posted it to you?
I'm not from UK (Eastern EU), so if you really want to send first check postage :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It won't cost that much to post it to you, if you can fix it?

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

To telling the truth I don't know if I can or not.First time the chip must survive the travel. Then I can flash the bootloader if no bad sectors found at first location, I can flash the full image only if no bad block on flash (because of UBIFS).I can't test it.
I think you have to wait, maybe some day you can flash with BBS or when you just want to get rid, send to me but I need to know what you flashed last time, for compare, else I don't need at all.
You tell on other topic you are waiting for some new flash to test, it's working?
If BBS working for almararn why not working for you, maybe fake CY7C68013A???

Is there any difference in procedure in Sunray Vu solo2 ? Mostly im looking for bootloader file for that type. I did bricked my box by updating latest firmware from their website (ramimaher BH 2.1.2), lost couple channels then tried rescan satellite frequencies and stopped working.

Sunray have the same process for IC flashing, BH 2.1.2 shouldn't have bricked your box though

I am a newbie and have managed to brick my solo2 through attempting to upgrade online. Didn't think that could have happened but yes it did. Not very experienced so can someone point me in the right direction to find a step by step guide to fixing via software rather than hardware. Many Thanks

I'm awaiting my programmer to arrive, I'll post a pdf guide with pictures if it's successful, from what people here have said it depends on the flash chips itself if it can be done by software alone

I am a newbie and have managed to brick my solo2 through attempting to upgrade online. Didn't think that could have happened but yes it did. Not very experienced so can someone point me in the right direction to find a step by step guide to fixing via software rather than hardware. Many Thanks

Unless it's the SE with a serial port on the back of the box then you need to replace the chip so hardware fix only I'm afraid.

BBS flashed but still no boot, Preloaded NAND chips are on the way so I'll post, the only thing i did have is when I clicked 'refresh' its disconnects and give me an io error, eventually after repeating the process it connects and allows me to flash, anyone else get this?

I can confirm that the Jtag method worked on my dragonworth solo2 that got bricked with the time-bomb. I ran into two problems on the way, firstly Broadband studio wouldn't detect that is was connected using Windows 8 64bit, so I got my old Windows XP 32bit to run the program and it connected immediately. Secondly the program complained about bad starting sector when I tried to flash it. I chose the flash K9F1G08U0A like the PDF help file said, that might have been the problem, I dont know. I changed it to K9F1G08U0C because that is the number on my flash chip, made a full erase and tried again, and it worked like a charm.

I used soleros files from here: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/download-vu-clone-images-653/402721-download-jtag-vu-solo2.html - :)
and the Cypress CY7C68013A board, with the "jumper" removed.

I will be trying all images now to see which will work and which dont, and even hoping for it to brick so I can try flashing again. But I would like advice on one thing if anyone knows: Will the new images make any changes to other parts of my receiver, like the front panel processor or FPGA, or any changes that are not possible to revert from? Will I always be able to Jtag and go back to my safe images even if I try the brand new ones and get it bricked?

View attachment 84849

Thanks for giving me the confidence to try this I2C method and rescue my box. I followed the tut to the letter, including the chip selection and it worked like a charm. Was not looking forward to the chip replacement alternative method. Thank you : thanks :

BBS flashed but still no boot, Preloaded NAND chips are on the way so I'll post, the only thing i did have is when I clicked 'refresh' its disconnects and give me an io error, eventually after repeating the process it connects and allows me to flash, anyone else get this?
yes it is same with me iwas successfully download jtag flash loader in my lorinson board vu solo 2 but still not boot and after that trying to reconnect with flash it disconnect after repeating process it will connect and after erasing entire flash this problem will resolve i think an other boot loader i need for lorinson board..

I have soleros download, and im just getting things setup, where do i find the bcm usb drivers mentioned?

I can confirm that the Jtag method worked on my dragonworth solo2 that got bricked with the time-bomb. I ran into two problems on the way, firstly Broadband studio wouldn't detect that is was connected using Windows 8 64bit, so I got my old Windows XP 32bit to run the program and it connected immediately. Secondly the program complained about bad starting sector when I tried to flash it. I chose the flash K9F1G08U0A like the PDF help file said, that might have been the problem, I dont know. I changed it to K9F1G08U0C because that is the number on my flash chip, made a full erase and tried again, and it worked like a charm.

I used soleros files from here: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/download-vu-clone-images-653/402721-download-jtag-vu-solo2.html - :)
and the Cypress CY7C68013A board, with the "jumper" removed.

I will be trying all images now to see which will work and which dont, and even hoping for it to brick so I can try flashing again. But I would like advice on one thing if anyone knows: Will the new images make any changes to other parts of my receiver, like the front panel processor or FPGA, or any changes that are not possible to revert from? Will I always be able to Jtag and go back to my safe images even if I try the brand new ones and get it bricked?

View attachment 84849
Trying to read the flash I have and it seem to be K9F2G08U0C
Is it possible the same you have or is this another flash?
Thanks.

Trying to read the flash I have and it seem to be K9F2G08U0C
Is it possible the same you have or is this another flash?
Thanks.

Hi, I also have K9F2G08U0C and receiver Lonrisun.
Anything that is written here is not working.
Still this error: The starting offset is in a bad block ...
Any idea?

Hi, I also have K9F2G08U0C and receiver Lonrisun.
Anything that is written here is not working.
Still this error: The starting offset is in a bad block ...
Any idea?

No have the exact problem,so I am beginning to think the only solution is to solder out the chip.
I find it although very strange that I can not erase the K9F2G08U0C and program it again. I was under the impression that this chip was just a e[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]eprom. I would think that the projection fuse would be reset if the chip is erased,but seems not. Perhaps someone here knows better.
[/FONT]I hate to replace the K9F2G08U0C only to fine the new one go the same way instantly. :(

I had the same problem. I got new nand flash from seller and soldered.

Yes, I can erase the flash, but cannot read/write.

a little confusing news here.. my seller said that dragonworth solo2 is not possible to jtag.
He also said that there is no cfe file for the dragonworth box.
i am looking forward to prove him wrong :)
is "soleros files" compatible with all solo2 boxes?

Back