Solo2 Jtag

For two past years i am also looking for a solution for my bricked solo2 clone. i imported a nand chip which is Toshiba instead of original Samsung chip which was in box, and the supplier said compatible and got it replaced. Unfortunately, i couldn't get my receiver working. When power on, only front light sensitive button and network led light comes and light sensitive button responds when touched. What seems to be the problem friends? Do i have to find another nand flash chip?Any idea is welcome. Thanks.

I think you will need the Samsung chip if that was in at the beginning.
Also you have to program the chip with the Samsung flash file.

For two past years i am also looking for a solution for my bricked solo2 clone. i imported a nand chip which is Toshiba instead of original Samsung chip which was in box, and the supplier said compatible and got it replaced. Unfortunately, i couldn't get my receiver working. When power on, only front light sensitive button and network led light comes and light sensitive button responds when touched. What seems to be the problem friends? Do i have to find another nand flash chip?Any idea is welcome. Thanks.

Thnks gudjong. I can search and import a Samsing chip. But where do i find the flash file to work with receiver and chip? Needed help.

Read the post from deano1 . here on [FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]page 30 there is all you need.[/FONT]
Thnks gudjong. I can search and import a Samsing chip. But where do i find the flash file to work with receiver and chip? Needed help.

Thanks again. can deano1 please tel me is it possible to use this method to flash Toshiba chip which was sent to me for replacement chip for Samsung? Is there file available?

Thanks again. can deano1 please tel me is it possible to use this method to flash Toshiba chip which was sent to me for replacement chip for Samsung? Is there file available?

The files posted by deno are bb3 with bootloader or a full nand flash dump BB3 will flash those file to any nand flash Tosh or samsumg providing you use the correct flash file for the tosh chip.

Thanks ferret and can you be more specific as to point me out the full nand flash dump for Toshiba chip. I have already get it soldered to Vu+ solo2 board. I don't have good knowledge of flashing and this thread is big help.
(p.s. my original nand chip was Samsung K9F2G08UOC. I got this removed and re soldered Toshiba chip, which was sent by the vendor after sometime saying this flash will do and said this was installed BlackHole image which i fogot the vertion)

Last edited:
Thanks ferret and can you be more specific as to point me out the full nand flash dump for Toshiba chip. I have already get it soldered to Vu+ solo2 board. I don't have good knowledge of flashing and this thread is big help.
(p.s. my original nand chip was Samsung K9F2G08UOC. I got this removed and re soldered Toshiba chip, which was sent by the vendor after sometime saying this flash will do and said this was installed BlackHole image which i fogot the vertion)

|Lornison full dump

DOWNLOAD

To be honest though you should not need it flash the bootloader for your make of clone and then an image.

Thanking for trying to help me.What i was led to believe when the replacement chip was send by the vendor is that i only have to solder the chip and box will boot and all will be OK. But i stll think something was missing in this chip which will lead to boot the receiver. Actually i do not have the knowledge to what to with this Lonrison full dump file. Can you show me the direction. I really appreciate the help of you guys. Here in Sri lanka this receiver is very rarely used.Regards.

Thanking for trying to help me.What i was led to believe when the replacement chip was send by the vendor is that i only have to solder the chip and box will boot and all will be OK. But i stll think something was missing in this chip which will lead to boot the receiver. Actually i do not have the knowledge to what to with this Lonrison full dump file. Can you show me the direction. I really appreciate the help of you guys. Here in Sri lanka this receiver is very rarely used.Regards.

Ok lets assume your chip was black

If the chip was blank and it seems that was your going to have to jtag the bootloader to get anywhere.

If you search jtag on here youll pull up loads of threads this has been covered many times.

Thnaks. I am ordering Sypress board with single jumper from ebay and going to read about jtagging and try to do it.

i have never done a sunray only lorinsun,so sorry cant help you there,,

you need new chip ... replace with only same chip that was installed in the first place, as A-driver set will only work on clone boxs with the original chip as clones are a pain in the arse,, replace with mathing numbers chip.. you then require a bootloader, which i have bootloader from lorinsun,, only. you can try my image it could well work.. on sunray boxs,, but how ever i dont have a sunray to test it on,,

i will track bootloader down for you for sunray version, load this on chip via jtag,, and this will boot up box into starting.....!! then plug firmware of your choice,,

Thanks,But my solo2 is not a Sunray. Most probably lonrison.

I need to do this JTagg for Lonrison.Thanks. I tried to download soleros file from the link and unable to do so. And reported so. Admin please look into it.
From old photo uploaded to this forum i found the nand chip originally was in box. It is Samsung 331- K9F2G08UOC. But more than several vertions in market with same number but 331 is different.What should use? Thanks.

Last edited:
I need to do this JTagg for Lonrison.Thanks. I tried to download soleros file from the link and unable to do so. And reported so. Admin please look into it.
From old photo uploaded to this forum i found the nand chip originally was in box. It is Samsung 331- K9F2G08UOC. But more than several vertions in market with same number but 331 is different.What should use? Thanks.

The file is downloading fine mate.

Maybe try again. Any further problems note the error when downloading.

Thanks Ferret. Today i manage to download file. Now i am waiting for cypress board. I will post what happens.

Now i have got cypress board and windows xp and BBS installed. But i have a another problem. When connect cypress board according to soleros tutorial and push power button on cypress, the indicator blinks off.
I removed the cypress board and powerd the receiver and checked the voltage and continuity of 4 pins in receiver mainboard. Both 3.3v pin and ground pin show as ground.
Then again i connected cypress board to receiver and power up without ground pin connected, indicator stays lighted. i tested with a fried who is professional elctronic guy, who couldn't trace the problem without a schematic diagram of Vu+solo2. I tried in the net and couldn't download one.
can anybody help me? at least i can get a diagram my friend will help me. Thanks.

Now i have got cypress board and windows xp and BBS installed. But i have a another problem. When connect cypress board according to soleros tutorial and push power button on cypress, the indicator blinks off.
I removed the cypress board and powerd the receiver and checked the voltage and continuity of 4 pins in receiver mainboard. Both 3.3v pin and ground pin show as ground.
Then again i connected cypress board to receiver and power up without ground pin connected, indicator stays lighted. i tested with a fried who is professional elctronic guy, who couldn't trace the problem without a schematic diagram of Vu+solo2. I tried in the net and couldn't download one.
can anybody help me? at least i can get a diagram my friend will help me. Thanks.

You dont even need the 3.3volt pin as it will take power from its usb connection.

Thanks Ferret, Do you mean if connect receiver to cypress board with SCL,SDA and Ground wires,that will enough to transfer data?

Back