Solo2 Jtag

When I tried myself I was able to get BB studio to connect but never to recognize my IC, and always returned an IC does not match error. (although I'm not sure my EZ-USB FX2LP USB2.0 is working as I've had the same error on several different boxes)

Hope you have more luck than I did

I do have the CY7C8801 3A from LCSOFT MINI BOARD with only 1 Jumper! Which did work on other Receivers within Windows7 and 10.
Another point is, that I could place the Bootloader with the Hyperterminal to the Box, at least the HT
says successfully installed. In regard to the Instructions I should then be able to install the Enigma by
USB. But my Box refuse to do so.

Odd, in my limited experience, when solo's duo's, and solo2's are completely bricked, the rs232 port becomes unusable making serial communication impossible

That was my experience as well so far, but with the MCU it is defenitely possible to write to the nand over the Hyperterminal -of course only with the special cable delivered with the box.
I'll just try now to write the openatvdump.bin to the flash 200and samthing MB- it will take a wile.
The result I post here of course.

Last edited:
Interesting...
To my understanding, the second pin connections (using the supplied Serial lead) through the Max232 connect directly to the security chip (a second small processor added to clone boxes to emulate genuine VU+ boxes) and give no access to main nand

I do not have a security chip (I believe), at least I can not find any. My motherboard is dated 06.01.2015.IMGP4497.JPG

AFAIK, All VU+ clones have a security chip (microprocessor) for genuine box emulation, old Duo's had a separate board for this. Mini duo's Solo's and Solo2's have this onboard (mini duo's have it underneath unsure with others)
there is allays a crystal oscillator near the microcontroller for it's clock. not had a solo2se myself but if i had to guess i would say it's this as it's a similar package to the one used on the Mini Duo, just a guess without identifying the part numbers though.
SE jtag.png

If security chip fails, the box can still be flashed OK via USB but will fail to load in most cases (Some PLI images will actually boot OK but will report no channels found when scanning, as the security chip failed to activate the tuners during boot up)

Most other images show a "kernel panic" dialogue in the serial log during boot and then just freeze

hi davefingers,
after 8 hours waiting to load the dumpfile to the nand it says successfully loaded, but nothing happend.
Where the hell de file has been loaded???
That means that what You wrote yesterday is right. I ordered some new USB sticks for tests, because
I tried 3 until now. Maybe I get then at least an Image on the box and it just belong to the inacceptance of the stick, any other idea what I can try further?
By the way, the chip You guess is a MAXIM
9597C
TI351
+BTBL
greetings

Last edited:
Stick with a clone PLI image inage for testing as that may boot even with a naff security chip, The Maxim appears to be to be an audio / video Scart driver and not a microcontroller

I received 3 new USB sticks and tried them without success. In regard to the security chip I think You are right because it is as well situated just behind he scard connector. It must be than the one with an
sticker on it "WOLLVES Card", does this anything tell You something.
Is there anything else I can do with this f..... Box.

again I don't have this exact box at the moment but all the boxes I've had in the past usually had a sticker on the security chip, Although if you had a security chip fault, your box would still flash but fail to load. My guess is you have an "anti clone measure" affected Nand chip and usually this usually requires replacement as the chip becomes write protected by the "anti clone measure"

Chip replacement however is a skilled job and requires specialized tools (I've done a few but not all successfully) using this item. Vu+Solo2 - X MINI SOLO 2 IC CHIP REMPLACEMENT | eBay

You could always have a different hardware fault that is causing similar symptoms.
Not much else I can add, Sorry.

thanks for Your reply si quick. Just for Your remember I have replaced the nand allready- but an empty one, not pre-programmed. My nandchip is an Toshiba the eBay fellow sale the pre-programmed Samsung type. A'am not shure that they are 100% compatible.
I think I'll give up.
Thanks again a lot for Your time.

Hello All,

I bought a new samsung chip (empty, not pre-programmed)
I'm a little bit confused about the next steps.
Is it necessary to order a cypress kit as well or could works the bootloader via RS232?
Is there any manual what process has to be done after the replaced empty chip?

with thx

Once you have your new Nand chip fitted, It will be necessary to install the bootloader to enable your box to start and recognize your USB port for safe image loading.

This is accomplished via the Cypress board and the Jtag interface, so Yes you will need the Cypress board

Once you have your new Nand chip fitted, It will be necessary to install the bootloader to enable your box to start and recognize your USB port for safe image loading.

This is accomplished via the Cypress board and the Jtag interface, so Yes you will need the Cypress board

Hello All,

I bought a cypress board and I made everything as was in the tutorial.
The cypress board can't connect to my VU+ Solo2.
Broadband Studio 3 shown " disconnected"

Probably I have to change my nand chip, but I would like to be sure that the "disconnected" means that the chip is bricked.

but I think the board has to be connected to the nand if bricked as well, just indicated the bad sectors.

Any idea?

Hello All,

Probably I have to change my nand chip, but I would like to be sure that the "disconnected" means that the chip is bricked.

but I think the board has to be connected to the nand if bricked as well, just indicated the bad sectors.

Any idea?

if chip have bad sectors..still will be possible to connect with cypress board ..you just cant repair bad block..show picture how you connect jtag

Hello All,

Any idea?

If you are getting [FONT=&amp]" disconnected" Your Cypress board is not connecting to your Nand chip, this is either bad drivers for your Cypress Board, wrong connections from Jtag to Cypress or no power to Nand.

[/FONT]
1st check your Cypress shows in Device Manager as "Broadcom Test Adapter" in "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" when connected to your PC and powered on.

Check your jumper cables from Cypress to Jtag (use only Ground, SDA & SCL) Start BBS, Power on your Cypress then power on your Solo2 (needed to power the Nand Chip) if all above appears correct but your not getting a connection, try swapping SDA and SCL

Also, try with and without the jumper (I've connected successfully with both the 1 and 2 jumper Cypress varients)

Last edited:
If you are getting [FONT=&amp]" disconnected" Your Cypress board is not connecting to your Nand chip, this is either bad drivers for your Cypress Board, wrong connections from Jtag to Cypress or no power to Nand.

[/FONT]
1st check your Cypress shows in Device Manager as "Broadcom Test Adapter" in "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" when connected to your PC and powered on.

Check your jumper cables from Cypress to Jtag (use only Ground, SDA & SCL) Start BBS, Power on your Cypress then power on your Solo2 (needed to power the Nand Chip) if all above appears correct but your not getting a connection, try swapping SDA and SCL

Also, try with and without the jumper (I've connected successfully with both the 1 and 2 jumper Cypress varients)

Oh, you are right. Probably I found the problem.
I have WIN7 x64 and the usb driver is probably not installed well.
I didn't found the "test adapter" as you wrote it.
Where can I found the the right driver?

with thanks

Back