Solo2 Clone Problem

biged670

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've had a solo2 clone for about 6 months now, pretty much when they first came out. Lately I seem to be having a problem, I change channel and for whatever reason the channel doesn't clear, just a black screen. I have to turn my box off and then turn it back on and the channels will work again. I try changing channel after about 5mins and again black screens on every channel, even the free view channels.

I've got a feeling its a tuner problem as when I look in Sat finder the signals to both tuners are not showing at all. Is this a common problem, or has anybody had this as well? Is there a fix or is it a case of my box having run its course?

Cheers

Does this also happen on FTA channels?

Yes mate, the channel I'm watching is fine, as soon as I change channel I get a black screen. Every single channel, I check sat finder and the signal to both tuners is 0%

You need do do a process of elimination, if you have another box then try that, check the cabling, check the alignment of the dish and then check the lnb. If you have spares then try them else get a signal meter to see if you're getting any signal.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi all,

I've had a solo2 clone for about 6 months now, pretty much when they first came out. Lately I seem to be having a problem, I change channel and for whatever reason the channel doesn't clear, just a black screen. I have to turn my box off and then turn it back on and the channels will work again. I try changing channel after about 5mins and again black screens on every channel, even the free view channels.

I've got a feeling its a tuner problem as when I look in Sat finder the signals to both tuners are not showing at all. Is this a common problem, or has anybody had this as well? Is there a fix or is it a case of my box having run its course?

Cheers

Sounds like a problem with the image to me..what image do you have installed.

Hello, I'm new in this forum.
I just got me a VU+Solo2 and now it shows to be a clone.
I have installed BH 2.07 and wanted to update my settings.
When I do a automatic search, at the end it says found channnels and it stays there.
I cannot get the new channellist in the box.
What do I do wrong.

Hello, I'm new in this forum.
I just got me a VU+Solo2 and now it shows to be a clone.
I have installed BH 2.07 and wanted to update my settings.
When I do a automatic search, at the end it says found channnels and it stays there.
I cannot get the new channellist in the box.
What do I do wrong.

make sure you have the correct set up in settings..you need to set up tuners for example simple,single,28.2E for both tuners and then install autobouquetmaker from feeds set it up for your area and run it..or install rats bouquets and do a complete scan.Also check in service searching/sat finder and see if you can see both tuners

Thank you for the quick answer.
I will try and give you the results later.

Hello,
I did a new scan the way you discribed but i keep getting the same results.
At the end of the scan on the screen it says searching ended and on the display of the box it says service scan.
It stays this way nomatter how long I wait.
When I press OK it show the same as in the beginning "Press OK to sstart scanning"
When I press exit I still got the same setting as before.

Hello,
I did a new scan the way you discribed but i keep getting the same results.
At the end of the scan on the screen it says searching ended and on the display of the box it says service scan.
It stays this way nomatter how long I wait.
When I press OK it show the same as in the beginning "Press OK to sstart scanning"
When I press exit I still got the same setting as before.

Try to check without diseeq switch a single straight cable from lnb to receiver . if it works then ur switch is faulty replace if it still doesnt work then u may need any technician around ur area .

To be correct: I can recieve/see the channels in the standard channel list but I cannot load a new channel list from the satelite

Are the channels all greyed out when you load the new channel list? If they are then it's most likely due to either the wrong or out of date satellites.xml file.

The screen does not change after the searching is completed.
It stays in the searching screen and says searching completed.
The only way to get out is pressing OK, which shows the search screen again and where it says press ok to start search, or I can press exit.
But the there is nowhere something where I can save the found channels.

The only way to get out is pressing OK, which shows the search screen again and where it says press ok to start search, or I can press exit.

It can only be your tuner set up or the channel lists.what sat set up are you after..
How have you set up tuners.what channel lists have you installed..in sat finder is it locking on both tuners..check in sat finder see if both tuners are working.you need to have upto date channel lists installed before scanning..

It can only be your tuner set up or the channel lists.what sat set up are you after..
How have you set up tuners.what channel lists have you installed..in sat finder is it locking on both tuners..check in sat finder see if both tuners are working.you need to have upto date channel lists installed before scanning..

You need a valid satellites.xml before doing a scan, didn't think you needed am up to date channel list as that would cause a chicken/egg type situation wouldn't it?

You need a valid satellites.xml before doing a scan, didn't think you needed am up to date channel list as that would cause a chicken/egg type situation wouldn't it?

Yes that's why I said to set up and run ABM that is all done for him...but needs the tuners set correct.

I have set tuner A to satelite Astra 19.2 with no diseqc, tuner B the same internaly connected.
For the moment I'm working with 1 LNB only for Astra 19.2. In future I want to install a multi LNB for more satelites.
I first set the pre-installed Astra 19.2 list and wanted to download the newest settings.
So I'm using the original setting list and can see all posible channels.
What I did in the meantime is getting DreamBOXEdit.
With this program I can modify the settings.

simply go to the channellist
press blue button and go to last list "last scanned" there you will find all scanned channels

Back