So whos got swine flu or suspected, family etc ?

Do you have swine flu or know someone with it ?

• yes me

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • yes, close at homefamily member

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • yes, family away from home

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • yes friend

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • no

Votes: 45 47.4%
  • swine flu, whats that ? lol

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters
some people just dont listen m8 dont waste ya time ;)
they will sit up and listen when it happens to them though lol

You spot on there mate :Cheers:

Can only try to help, I am sure I will get a few msg's when either them or their family get ill with this.... I do really hope its a nice mild strain they get, if they get it (look into the spread rate so far an make your own minds up)....

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont know tbh craig, its a bit of a dialemmia tbh as hospitals will not accept people with suspected/confirmed swine flu.... as per the huge posters you will see at the entrances ....

Although, the pains in the chest I expect she will get a fast ECG trace done and if all looks well sent to call her GP.

Well she went up the hospital and was waitin for about an hour :O, the 1 doctr checked her over and everything, was going to take 3 blood samples but couldn't get the blood out of her for the last 1 :/. Then after a few hours another doctor came and checked her again and told her that nothing was wrong with her and told her to go home. She explained to them that she was in severe pain and they just told her to get some painkillers

Just wanted to add to my post from last night, Im in no way knocking anyone when i said we didn't bother going to docs. TBH if we had got much worse then we would have called them up and got advice. Luckily for us the ibuprofen and paracetamol ect did the trick. I am in no way discouraging people from getting themselves proper medical advice.
I believe this swine flu is real, its claiming too many victims around the world for anyone to just brush it aside and say it isn't "real".
On a slight diversion from op have you all read about these stupid fookers that are deliberately attending "Swine Flu Parties" ? The mind boggles at peoples stupidity, apparently the thinking behind these is that once you catch it then you will be immune when it hits hard in the winter. There has even been reports of people taking their kids (even babies ffs) to these things. Doctors have already came out and slammed the practice as lunacy.

I believe this swine flu is real, its claiming too many victims around the world for anyone to just brush it aside and say it isn't "real".

How many victims does Flu claim around the world? As some1 said what happened about the Avian Flu ... soon died out, and personally I think this will aswell. Or it may just be the new Flu, either way too many hypochondriacs claiming to have it and bugging the NHS down, which is already limited.

I think the problem is that too many people have not had the flu before, and they get some sniffles and a bunged nose etc, and believe they have the flu (not there fault of course)

I had the flu about 2 years ago, and believe me its wrong!!!! I was in bed for 3 days forget sniffles and a bunged up nose this shit knocks the life out of you, your bones ache, and you wont be under the cover on the sofa watching jeramy kyle.

I do not want this swine flu or any flu stay at home and keep it there lol.

I know one thing that the doctors are not that worried about the swine flu its not as bad as expected but it wont be long before the avian and the swine flu mutate in some pig somewhere and pass that on to us and then there will be trouble.

Who knows but do not live your life worrying about what might happen to you go out and enjoy it but use a tissue, and wash your hands because there is no need to help that nasty-ness spread ;)

Mickie

I think the problem is that too many people have not had the flu before, and they get some sniffles and a bunged nose etc, and believe they have the flu (not there fault of course)

I had the flu about 2 years ago, and believe me its wrong!!!! I was in bed for 3 days forget sniffles and a bunged up nose this shit knocks the life out of you, your bones ache, and you wont be under the cover on the sofa watching jeramy kyle.

I do not want this swine flu or any flu stay at home and keep it there lol.

I know one thing that the doctors are not that worried about the swine flu its not as bad as expected but it wont be long before the avian and the swine flu mutate in some pig somewhere and pass that on to us and then there will be trouble.

Who knows but do not live your life worrying about what might happen to you go out and enjoy it but use a tissue, and wash your hands because there is no need to help that nasty-ness spread ;)

Mickie

Ello Mickie,

This swine flue is part avian flu mixed swine flu... this is the worry lol. Avian flu was H5N1 ... this is H1N1. Granted it is different but has elements of both.

come winter ppl will be ill in the high end of 100,000 a week if were lucky its that low :(

What do you expect it to say, if you HAVE chest pain.... you should phone 999 at anytime ! Explain how a person in Essex had NO underlying health problems who died yesterday ?

Question 2, really has little to do with the actual swine flu but more the effects it can have if you have a weak heart.... to thus, chest pain it tells you to call 999 !!! not rocket science mate.

Every time the wife gets flu or even a cold, she gets a congested chest pain.

She has had many ECGs etc over the years and her heart is fine.

The person in Essex died of Flu, people die from it every year, it's not rocket science mate, surely someone who claims to be a 'medic' and works in the NHS would know that.

Every time the wife gets flu or even a cold, she gets a congested chest pain.

She has had many ECGs etc over the years and her heart is fine.

The person in Essex died of Flu, people die from it every year, it's not rocket science mate, surely someone who claims to be a 'medic' and works in the NHS would know that.

There is a clear difference between chest pain, and intercostal muscle aches !

Yes I know exactly what they died off, my mate was treating them ! Yes people die of flu every year, IN FLU SEASON ! since when do we have a flu season in SUMMER !
Believe what you like witchy.... when you get a nasty strain come winter sit at home in quiet solitary confinement on your own !

If you have nothing worth posting in this tread apart from your constant bullshit dont post. You clearly know little of human medicine and it shows. The person in essex died from H1N1 Confirmed ! if thats been released yet or not is a diff matter

If you have nothing worth posting in this tread apart from your constant bullshit dont post. You clearly know little of human medicine and it shows. The person in essex died from H1N1 Confirmed

PMSL.

What's wrong mate, do you not like it when people disagree with you, do you prefer we all shut up and listen to your opinions and not vent our own?

This thread should be called HYPOCHONDRIACS ANONYMOUS.

No one is disputing the fact that the person in Essex dies of Swine Flu.

Go Google some more medical facts, they are very entertaining if nothing else.

PMSL.

What's wrong mate, do you not like it when people disagree with you, do you prefer we all shut up and listen to your opinions and not vent our own?

This thread should be called HYPOCHONDRIACS ANONYMOUS.

No one is disputing the fact that the person in Essex dies of Swine Flu.

Go Google some more medical facts.

Really dont need google, done enough learning to know what I am talking about. As said, got nothing to add ... DONT POST... simples !

Really dont need google, done enough learning to know what I am talking about. As said, got nothing to add ... DONT POST... simples !

So you've completed your Hospital Porter training?

Chill mate, I'm just winding you up. :Cheers:

Exactly, so why should I have dialed 999?

Because you clearly dont know the difference and selected "chest pain" from the list..... not "none" .. ... being its merely a computer program it takes for granted the person using it has some common sense ..... an works on the side of caution !

ANYONE with real chest pain would not be using a computer to "check" they would of already called 999.

if you look at the checker, it works from the most serious of conditions to the least serious in that order ! to rule out "life threatening" conditions !

Because you clearly dont know the difference and selected "chest pain" from the list..... not "none" .. ... being its merely a computer program it takes for granted the person using it has some common sense ..... an works on the side of caution !

ANYONE with real chest pain would not be using a computer to "check" they would of already called 999.

if you look at the checker, it works from the most serious of conditions to the least serious in that order ! to rule out "life threatening" conditions !

You're still at it!

Relax.

:)

wish I was a fooking porter ! prob get paid more an less crad to deal with ! lol

No mate you don't want that!

I did two years Portering in a local hospital while I was at college. The medical staff looked down their noses at us, we were shit to them and the wages were complete nonsense, lol

True, it was a fairly laid back job though.

It was created by Umbrella Corp.

It's the fore-runner to the T-Virus :)

resident-evil-deadly-silence-20051021042458167_640w.jpg

Back