So whos got swine flu or suspected, family etc ?

Do you have swine flu or know someone with it ?

• yes me

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • yes, close at homefamily member

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • yes, family away from home

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • yes friend

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • no

Votes: 45 47.4%
  • swine flu, whats that ? lol

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters
The wifey has gone up the hospital with her best m8, after ringing NHS direct up with her best m8, being really cold and having pains just below her chest, could this be swine fu as I haven't even bothered looking at the symptons after all it is just another version of a cold/flu. Agree with others that it has been completely blown out of proportion, it gets a new form and new name and then you have everybody claiming to have it ... Bloody Hypochondriacs.

And I'm like witchy if I was to have a cold it would be in the summer for some reason prob to do with the frequent changes in weather?

Don't know anyone personally with it but one of our offices in Aberdeen got closed because 7 people had it.

Breaking news:

First 'healthy' swine flu death

A patient in Essex has become the first person in the UK without underlying health problems to die of swine flu. NHS East of England said the victim died at Basildon and Thurrock University Hospital on Friday.

BBC

what office is that mate i`m in aberdeen??

When the avian flu scare arrived, no one questioned it. This time, things are different. Those with some brains, a memory and internet ingenuity are on the case. Let’s hope this message gets out.

@ nara that's you out of the question.

Me and the misses had "Flu" all last week. Normal flu like symptoms sore throat runny nose bad chest and the general feeling like sh1t. Self medicated with ibruprofen and plenty of water and fresh fruit (when we felt like eating). TBH we never bothered with the doctor or anything as they are inundated with it all and we have no underlying health problems. We are both fine now.....but obv mines was a much worse strain than hers as I had proper man flu lol.
It was a pisser as the weather was so hot that didnt help at all. But we basically had a fan on 24/7 for the whole week which helped a lot.

Question One....

Have I been in contact with anyone suffereing from flu-like symptoms or been anywhere where there is a prevailent outbreak?

I answered NO.

Question Two....

Did I suffer any of the following symptoms?

I answered chest pain.

I was then shown a bright red screen informing me to dial 999

IMO Bullshit, nothing but scaremongering.
The media have made this flu into something it's not and the goverment need to be seen to be doing something about it. How many people with underlying conditions die of flu every year - thousands.

And as for flu season, I've had it many times in the summer before, infact I rarely get flu in the winter.

Get well soon from your summer cold mate ;)

What do you expect it to say, if you HAVE chest pain.... you should phone 999 at anytime ! Explain how a person in Essex had NO underlying health problems who died yesterday ?

Question 2, really has little to do with the actual swine flu but more the effects it can have if you have a weak heart.... to thus, chest pain it tells you to call 999 !!! not rocket science mate.

some people just listen dont m8 dont waste ya time ;)
they will sit up and listen when it happens to them though lol

Last edited:
The wifey has gone up the hospital with her best m8, after ringing NHS direct up with her best m8, being really cold and having pains just below her chest, could this be swine fu as I haven't even bothered looking at the symptons after all it is just another version of a cold/flu. Agree with others that it has been completely blown out of proportion, it gets a new form and new name and then you have everybody claiming to have it ... Bloody Hypochondriacs.

And I'm like witchy if I was to have a cold it would be in the summer for some reason prob to do with the frequent changes in weather?

Dont know tbh craig, its a bit of a dialemmia tbh as hospitals will not accept people with suspected/confirmed swine flu.... as per the huge posters you will see at the entrances ....

Although, the pains in the chest I expect she will get a fast ECG trace done and if all looks well sent to call her GP.

Dont get me wrong lads, this is flu.... but a varient you have not seen before. You have no immunity to this strain and it is getting stronger and changing.

Believe what you like, dont affect me in the slightest..... come winter, when we hit the ideal breading ground for this virus.... the shite will truely hit the fan. If I were to post the emails I get often from the Health Protection Agency and the health authority I work/train for you might not be so coy.

Back