So whos got swine flu or suspected, family etc ?

Do you have swine flu or know someone with it ?

• yes me

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • yes, close at homefamily member

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • yes, family away from home

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • yes friend

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • no

Votes: 45 47.4%
  • swine flu, whats that ? lol

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters
all i had was runny nose a cough and sneezing
still got the runny nose but im fine

Hi Fes.

That to me sounds like a cold mate, if you have had the flu (any of them) sneezing, runny nose, and a cough would be the mild symptoms... you would also experience not being able to move, aching body, and pure nasty-ness.

I used to think that a runny nose was the flu too, until I actually got the fooker a few years back.

Not that I am a doctor or anything lol.... could be the flu but sounds like a cold pal

Mickie

Hi Fes.

That to me sounds like a cold mate, if you have had the flu (any of them) sneezing, runny nose, and a cough would be the mild symptoms... you would also experience not being able to move, aching body, and pure nasty-ness.

I used to think that a runny nose was the flu too, until I actually got the fooker a few years back.

Not that I am a doctor or anything lol.... could be the flu but sounds like a cold pal

Mickie

Spot on Mickie :)

although, must add..... there are varying levels it seems to this outbreak, from very very mild...> severe-mild cold feeling. To extremes of Flu and possible death. This is possibly why the diagnosis over the phone is now being used, i am not too clear on this part myself as the Dr's emails alerts are different to ours.

Just got back from hospital my 4 yr old boy has swine flu and has been prescribed tamiflu its no joke guys my youngest is only 5 months old and im bricking it incase he gets it as well as my other kids weather people think its just normal flu or swine flu dont take chances seek help even if you think it is just normal flu if its swine flu and ur spreading it shit like this happens

Just got back from hospital my 4 yr old boy has swine flu and has been prescribed tamiflu its no joke guys my youngest is only 5 months old and im bricking it incase he gets it as well as my other kids weather people think its just normal flu or swine flu dont take chances seek help even if you think it is just normal flu if its swine flu and ur spreading it shit like this happens

sorry to hear this wish him a very speedy recovery

Oh dear, really sorry to hear that skybabe.

God bless the wee one, I hope he gets he gets well soon.

Swine flu give it a rest, once again i will post this.

The Swine Flu Hoax | NowPublic News Coverage

Tell that to the 29 who have died so far. : grim :

Pandemic threat 'worse than terror'
8693A9A25D7446FCEDECFDD8384.jpg

pa.press.net

A swine flu pandemic could be more devastating than a terrorist attack, a police officer has warned as the UK death toll from the virus reached 29.
Superintendent Steve Anderson from West Midlands Police said officers could be forced to stop non-emergency work in a worse case scenario.
He said the force rated swine flu along with terrorism, heatwave and flooding and concluded "a worse case scenario is that pandemic flu would be worse than any of those".

Unfortunately my 11 year old has come down ill. I didn't believe in so called 'Swine flu' at first but looking at him he really looks ill. He doesn't normally get ill.

Been to the doctors to collect some Tamiflu for him.

I really hope he is ok. Work sent me home so I don't spread it about.

The wife doesn't want to give him the capsules because of the side effects. Do these outway the benefits?

Might not get to read anything later as the internet keeps going on and off here too.

Unfortunately my 11 year old has come down ill. I didn't believe in so called 'Swine flu' at first but looking at him he really looks ill. He doesn't normally get ill.

Been to the doctors to collect some Tamiflu for him.

I really hope he is ok. Work sent me home so I don't spread it about.

The wife doesn't want to give him the capsules because of the side effects. Do these outway the benefits?

Might not get to read anything later as the internet keeps going on and off here too.

Sorry to hear about your lad mate, the chances are that if he does have the H1N1 strain you and the wife will get ill as well.... its very contagious.

The only side effects I suffered were a sick feeling to begin with from the medication, but taking it with something very sweet sorted that out.... and also very upset tummy... which Id expect from being ill anyway.

The benefits outweigh the risks of tamiflu in my eyes, let me explain how it works.
The tamiflu medicine is an anti-viral medication... not a anti-biotic.

What the medicine does is acts on the cells in the body, because a virus can not survive long on its own at all.. it needs something to live on and breed.

What the H1N1 virus does, is infiltrates cells in the body... uses the cell as a host and multiplys, same as other viruses.... the virus then causes the cell wall to fail and spreads to other cells.... thus multiplying rapidly.

Tamiflu prevents the virus from destroying the cells and keeps it inside.... thus preventing the spread or slowing it down at least. Giving your body time to recover a little to fight back.

Hope this helps mate....

:)

The only thing I cannot understand is why they are now setting up call centres etc, with operators who have no previous medical knowledge etc.

Is this how they are expecting 100,000 cases everyday due to misdiagnosis.

I'm not saying it isn't out of control yet as it obviously is, as there have been 29 fatalities due to this strain but surely having nobody with medical knowledge giving you a diagnosis takes the piss

The only thing I cannot understand is why they are now setting up call centres etc, with operators who have no previous medical knowledge etc.

Is this how they are expecting 100,000 cases everyday due to misdiagnosis.

I'm not saying it isn't out of control yet as it obviously is, as there have been 29 fatalities due to this strain but surely having nobody with medical knowledge giving you a diagnosis takes the piss

They dont need medical knowledge mate, what they are using is a database put in place that weighs up the likely hood of you having it based on your symptoms... they will run through a set of questions etc... based on that they will diagnose from the system.

How else can they deal with the huge numbers that will be presenting very soon, if not already ? face to face ? wont last very long before the medics are ill and not there to prescribe.

Its a lose lose situation mate tbh.

Tell that to the 29 who have died so far. : grim :

Pandemic threat 'worse than terror'
8693A9A25D7446FCEDECFDD8384.jpg

pa.press.net

A swine flu pandemic could be more devastating than a terrorist attack, a police officer has warned as the UK death toll from the virus reached 29.
Superintendent Steve Anderson from West Midlands Police said officers could be forced to stop non-emergency work in a worse case scenario.
He said the force rated swine flu along with terrorism, heatwave and flooding and concluded "a worse case scenario is that pandemic flu would be worse than any of those".
Mass hysteria, remind me what happened with bird flu again.
:yawn:

To all who have coughs colds splutters and flu i hope you all get well soon sincerely.

NB. Dont take my posts the wrong way but it is my opinion.

28 of the dead had underlying health problems only one death of a healthy person, and 29 isnt much compared to the thousands who die every year from seasonal flu of course this flu has struck out of season so the final death toll may be higher, but i do think theres a lot of fearmongering going on so by the time the vaccine arrives more people will be willing to have it,i just hope its being properly tested we wouldnt want a rerun of the 1976 swine flu vaccine debacle.

28 of the dead had underlying health problems only one death of a healthy person, and 29 isnt much compared to the thousands who die every year from seasonal flu of course this flu has struck out of season so the final death toll may be higher, but i do think theres a lot of fearmongering going on so by the time the vaccine arrives more people will be willing to have it,i just hope its being properly tested we wouldnt want a rerun of the 1976 swine flu vaccine debacle.

No this is only the start of it mate at least 65,000 can you imagine.

Mass hysteria, remind me what happened with bird flu again.
:yawn:

Innit.

As a personal experiment I personally won't be taking the swine flu jab. I believe my body is clean and strong enough to fight just about anything :) If I'm proven wrong DW will be the first to know.

:Smokin:

Back