So whos got swine flu or suspected, family etc ?

Do you have swine flu or know someone with it ?

• yes me

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • yes, close at homefamily member

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • yes, family away from home

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • yes friend

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • no

Votes: 45 47.4%
  • swine flu, whats that ? lol

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters

Rs2k_Rider

DW's Resident Medic
Reaction score
Ello ppl...

Seeing as I am not allowed out for 5-7 days, gonna spend me time stalking the internet.. playing cod4 an sleeping lol !

Foooooooking swine flu ! Dr's just prescribed tamiflu over the phone... hes as sure as he can be that I have got it... so has my partner and brother in law whos staying with us !

all 3 kids seem fine at the moment though..... for how long dont know.

Brother just dropped medicine off Tamiflu, Paracetamol and Ibuprofen.......

So how many of you are either ill, dont feel 100% or have family with swine flu ?

Symptom checker NHS Direct

Symptoms are :

The symptoms of swine flu in people are expected to be similar to the symptoms of regular human seasonal flu and include fever, fatigue, lack of appetite and coughing (see Symptoms). Some people with swine flu have also reported runny nose, sore throat, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
(Swine flu - Questions & answers)

Some lad at my daughter's school (primary) has got it. It was in the local rag and on bbc website. But daughter is okay. And someone from my project team has caught it, he is off work for a while and have been strictly forbidden to send emails about it due to the nature of the work Im doing. Well they didnt mention forums eh ;)

Hope you get better soon though. As far as I can tell, there is nowt to worry about unless you got health problems.

Some lad at my daughter's school (primary) has got it. It was in the local rag and on bbc website. But daughter is okay. And someone from my project team has caught it, he is off work for a while and have been strictly forbidden to send emails about it due to the nature of the work Im doing. Well they didnt mention forums eh ;)

Hope you get better soon though. As far as I can tell, there is nowt to worry about unless you got health problems.

Yea its rife everywhere now mate, it is mild as they say... can be bad but rare. we are all fit an well normally, generally speaking. I was medic as well, an work in nhs now :) so all should be well.

Kids are coughing now as well, here we go :(

Wife had the flu last week, typical flu symptoms so didn't contact doctor as we saw no point and didn't want to make a fuss - she is now completely well again.

I know 3 people so far who claim to have had it.

Too many people jumping on the Swine Flu bandwagon.

I just did the NHS direct Swine flu test and it told me to diall 999 immediately and cask for an Ambulance, pmsl

what nonsense.

Last edited:
i was out with the guys who came back from ibiza few weeks back who had it at the weekend there..my lass was going mental but they got the all clear..they were house bound like aswell cause they had it..one off them didnt stay in when he had it like.i know thats stupid.plus t in the park this weekend..wonder how many are going to have it after this and if any off the bands with catch it

Last edited:
Wife had the flu last week, typical flu symptoms so didn't contact doctor as we saw no point and didn't want to make a fuss - she is now completely well again.

I know 3 people so far who claim to have had it.

Too many people jumping on the Swine Flu bandwagon.

I just did the NHS direct Swine flu test and it told me to diall 999 immediately and cask for an Ambulance, pmsl

what nonsense.

That would be because we are NOT in flu season.... there should be very very very few cases of flu at the moment. This is why and how we know it to be swine flu.

that part of the swine flu test is to distinguish people with breathing or heart problems, i doubt you answered the questions correctly mate.

A nursery nurse at my daughters nursery has got it ffs hope the littleun doesnt get it

RS - If you don't take the Tamiflu will you kick the bucket?

Enjoy your week off matey.

Will you wear a MJ mask and glove when dealing with the pizza delivery guy?

get well soon mate

i don't know anyone locally who has it but seen a couple of people walking about with those masks on!

Masks just make things worse really, as germs love them.... warm and moist environment for them ! lol.... twats.

unless they are nbc masks lol

Had 2 in the office with it the other month.

Read in NewScientist a brief story about the first instances of Tamiflu resistant swine flu occuring in the Netherlands the other week. As expected from a pandemic flu, swine flu is 'out competing' the normal epidemic flu in the southern hemisphere, where it is their flu season. There are no signs of a cross mutation strain yet though.

Sorry to hear your unwell fella and i wish you a speedy recovery.
My mums hairdresser had it and was off work for 3weeks and lost over a stone in weight.
She was genuinely ill as her doctor diagnosed it swine flu and tbh she is never sick.

That would be because we are NOT in flu season.... there should be very very very few cases of flu at the moment. This is why and how we know it to be swine flu.

that part of the swine flu test is to distinguish people with breathing or heart problems, i doubt you answered the questions correctly mate.

Question One....

Have I been in contact with anyone suffereing from flu-like symptoms or been anywhere where there is a prevailent outbreak?

I answered NO.

Question Two....

Did I suffer any of the following symptoms?

I answered chest pain.

I was then shown a bright red screen informing me to dial 999

IMO Bullshit, nothing but scaremongering.
The media have made this flu into something it's not and the goverment need to be seen to be doing something about it. How many people with underlying conditions die of flu every year - thousands.

And as for flu season, I've had it many times in the summer before, infact I rarely get flu in the winter.

Get well soon from your summer cold mate ;)

Last edited:
Question One....

Have I been in contact with anyone suffereing from flu-like symptoms or been anywhere where there is a prevailent outbreak?

I answered NO.

Question Two....

Did I suffer any of the following symptoms?

I answered chest pain.

I was then shown a bright red screen informing me to dial 999

IMO Bullshit, nothing but scaremongering.
The media have made this flu into something it's not and the goverment need to be seen to be doing something about it. How many people with underlying conditions die of flu every year - thousands.

And as for flu season, I've had it many times in the summer before, infact I rarely get flu in the winter.

Get well soon from your summer cold mate ;)

Got to agree with u there mate, its beyond a joke all this, My wee bro (hypochondriac) sayas he not well flu like symptoms, so when mum phones docs right away ok we will give him tammy flu!!!!! WTF its jsut the cold but now its were you go just incase? what a waste for money!!!! have they not learned form giving out anti-biotics over the years that its pointless

We are turning in to a country of pussies!!!!

Theres no poll answer for being in contact with Pig Spunk.......Mind you it was a Friday Nite Saddleback...lol:Cheers:

Don't know anyone personally with it but one of our offices in Aberdeen got closed because 7 people had it.

Breaking news:

First 'healthy' swine flu death

A patient in Essex has become the first person in the UK without underlying health problems to die of swine flu. NHS East of England said the victim died at Basildon and Thurrock University Hospital on Friday.

BBC

What's the point of the website telling you to dial 999 for an ambulance? It's my understanding they aren't really doing much about it now? The Docs/etc will only diagnose over the phone, and they're not swabbing anymore, so the ambulance crew will do what...?

Back