Snow Watch 2010

Well the snow had turned to slush over the weekend, but anywhere where it was not cleared has turned to ice. Loads of black ice and freezing fog this morning, took 1 1/4 to do a 25 minute journey.

was -9 here overnight, is still -2, hasn't snowed since last friday morning but the snow hasnt melted. more forecast for this afternoon i hear :(

Snowing like mad here in north lanarkshire for the last 2 hours with no let up in sight. My 17 week old german shepherd loves it though and he is looking at me right now telling me its fooking walkies time so cmon......stupid dog lol.

"snow fecking funny anymore"

DAY 12 still no sign of it going away, local trains not been one since a week past Saturday and still off. buses are a fecking joke. local roads and pavements not been touched since before snow started to fall, bins not been emptied for over 2 weeks..

Be as well moving to Siberia at least they can cope, been snowing again all morning so who knows when it will stop. more importantly who knows the number of International Rescue just in case..

sent home from work yay!!

another great fall thats lasted aggeeeessss!!!!! hey hey

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i stayed over my m8s house and cant get home lmao
looked out the window ,cant see the road ,infack cant see anything lol.
hate snow

An absolute nightmare this morning in Falkirk. 3 Buses stuck on the road in the same lane. Had to get out and walk to work.

I know, imagine 3 buses on the same road!!!

Snow is very heavy now.

Yip totally pissed off with it now, over an hour to get along the Lauriston by pass, every road into Falkirk gridlocked, 3 fookin hours for a 15 min journey, had a game of spot the gritter with the kids and as usual since this started last week no fooker won

Was stuck on the m8 for 4 hours today between Junction 1 and 2.
This is now getting very serious in the lothians :-(

Was stuck on the m8 for 4 hours today between Junction 1 and 2.
This is now getting very serious in the lothians :-(

It was so cold this morning it took almost half an hour to clear the car windows (-12 on the dash) that was once I got the door open lol.

Just watching the local news, parts of the M8 are still shut, forecast for tonight is -15 which is a big problem as rock salt is sod all good below -5 so the roads will be an absolute nightmare in the morning even if they bother to grit them.

tbh 95% of the the snow has gone from Leicestershire however we have had frost, ice, black ice and freezing fog (nice)

this morning i was driving to Peterborough along the A47 @ Houghton-on-the-Hill and came out of the fog to brilliant blue sky and a heavy frost, this was 10:30 but was still showing -8C it was -11C when i left at 08:30.

i stopped and took a couple of snaps as the hedges and trees where so heavy with frost and it looked "nice", i didn't really have time or thick clothes to muck about so it was click and go.

hasn't snowed here in nearly a week and most of the ice is melting today. temperatures are meant to rise to around 9 degrees today, but the cold weather and snow is forecast to come back again on monday :(

fingers crossed we will get some snow here in swansea south wales:banana:

fingers crossed i never see ANY of it anymore :-(

Was snowing heavy in Leeds for 10 mins :) now just a slight dusting :-(

god damn it, i want some snow lol

not fair its pissing down with rain here :(

raining here at the mo , but ment to have upto 20 cm over today and tomorrow so fingers crossed:banana:

Back