Snow Watch 2010

Snowing Very Nicely Now In Liverpool :banana::banana::banana:

7f2dea4f.jpg

d2f0215f.jpg

lol. yeah, its 640x480 on 1/3 ccd, its an IP camera with built in http and FTP server, its got a twin cam, and does about 30 fps flat on a straight run, on cat5e with passive POE`s........................................... ;)

but seriously, during the day its even better, and gues where i got it from?

deal extreme.

heres the camera

DealExtreme: $91.49 IP Wired 300K CMOS Waterproof Camera with 40-LED IR Night Vision

sku_29919_1.jpg

replacment wide angle lens 1.8mm (about 170 degree)

sku_47018_1.jpg

and a set of these passive POE (power over ethernet injector / splitter)

PoE Passive Power Over Ethernet Injector Extractor Kit on eBay (end time 19-Dec-10 00:52:38 GMT)

basically these allow you to use just a network cable to provide both power and data over the same network cable, and because there passive you can use the original camera psu, i can confirm that all this kits works 100% and is compaitble with each other, as its exactly what i have. I do have to use a small waterproof box though to house the spliiter side as they are not waterproof, but ive got two cameras up and all in all cost is about £120 quid (ish) so very cheap and does the trick, with it being on network i can view it anywhere.

if you are interested, the website for the camera`s is here

MayGion

i`m in touch with the software developer, really nice guy and incorporated alot of my feedback into software and firmware. A definate must is to update cameras to latest firmware, old firmware is unstable.......................

Last edited:
Back