Smokers!

England welcome to the rest of us, smoking ban is here :)

As smoker I am allways sympothetic to none smokers. I will not smoke around a none smoker as I except they have a right not to breath in smoke or go home smelling of smoke.

However I do get the impression that some none smokers see smokers as second class citizens, this I feel is out of order. Some of us have been smoking for years and find it difficult to quit. I for one could find a lot better things to spend £250 a month on if I could just quit. If I only had a penny for every none smoker that has said to me "why dont you just quit?" If I could do that dont you think I would....

Give us a break some of us would like to quit.

I am in favour of the no smoking ban and smoke around 30 a day..

As smoker I am allways sympothetic to none smokers. I will not smoke around a none smoker as I except they have a right not to breath in smoke or go home smelling of smoke.

However I do get the impression that some none smokers see smokers as second class citizens, this I feel is out of order. Some of us have been smoking for years and find it difficult to quit. I for one could find a lot better things to spend £250 a month on if I could just quit. If I only had a penny for every none smoker that has said to me "why dont you just quit?" If I could do that dont you think I would....

Give us a break some of us would like to quit.

I am in favour of the no smoking ban and smoke around 30 a day..

Up till roughly a year ago, I smoked 20-40 a day for the previous 30 years... but realised I should give up the weed for personal reasons (not health related).. Stop your bitchin an moaning... If I can give up a habit of a life-time, so can you.... if you 'really could be bothered' maybe spend some of your savings on a dictionary :)

Up till roughly a year ago, I smoked 20-40 a day for the previous 30 years... but realised I should give up the weed for personal reasons (not health related).. Stop your bitchin an moaning... If I can give up a habit of a life-time, so can you.... if you 'really could be bothered' maybe spend some of your savings on a dictionary :)

Wow I dont think that is called for . maybe you need to find your manners and look in the dictionary to see what the word manners mean

He's not you - so maybe he can't give up as easily as you.

Come on is there any reason to be rude about one spelling mistake?

posts like this are what seem to start off heated debates and are not welcome..so consider this a friendy warning about how u post in future.

I packed in a while ago and believe me its not that easy so i think we should be encouraging people not slagging them off

I think this debate has gone completely off topic now and just descended into a slanging match.
Maybe one of the moderators should lock it now because it isn't a sensible discussion anymore!

Looking at the post counts of some of the 'newer' members then maybe they should think before alienating people with their comments.
I smoke but can understand both sides to the argument..but there is a right way and a wrong way to put your point across. By all means post your views regarding the subject but lets not just resort to cheap insults!

not being taken seriouslly

ive been to three bars in midlands which all had people smoking after ban was introduced earlier today, dont think whole idea will work, not round here anyway!

I suppose soon they'll bring out a law when smokers will shot on sight,: whip :
when all they'd have to do is ban it and stop producing fags in this country.
And then i would be able to give up

I'm a recent non smoker, this ban has turned the tables around in favour of non smokers, something I don't quite agree with.
Pubs etc should be able to have a smoking room.
Thats my mini rant over with, dont start me off.

Congratulations on packing in the habbit and I hope you continue to remain smoke free.

I have tried several times to pack in but everytime time I try I tend to get very ratty, argumentative and generally not a nice person (sounding familular???).

One of my biggest problems is the fact that a large number of ex smoker I have spoken too especially my brother-in-law say they still gag occaisionally for a cigarette ( he packed in over 15 years ago!!).

I will continue to try and break the habbit and hopefully one day will be smoke free.

Parliment i beleive has been changed and ban is in full?

Yep your right there, since found out that Westminster would have been exempt, due to it being a palace, but it seems MPs decided it would have been a little hypocritcal.

Apparently if you are the only one that uses your works' van/car (e.g. sole trader etc) you are allowed to smoke in it:
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2007/20070765.htm said:
11. —(1) Subject to the following paragraphs of this regulation, an enclosed vehicle and any enclosed part of a vehicle is smoke-free if it is used—

(a) by members of the public or a section of the public (whether or not for reward or hire); or

(b) in the course of paid or voluntary work by more than one person (even if those persons use the vehicle at different times, or only intermittently).

(2) A vehicle or part of a vehicle is enclosed for the purposes of paragraph (1) where it is enclosed wholly or partly by a roof and by any door or window that may be opened.

PS I'm a life long non-smoker, just pro-choice.

whats pissing me off about this smoking ban is that even tho there is a ban in the whole country, in the house of commons you can still smoke inside the bar and restaurant because its considerd as a palace. Shouldn't those people in there be setting an example....

whats pissing me off about this smoking ban is that even tho there is a ban in the whole country, in the house of commons you can still smoke inside the bar and restaurant because its considerd as a palace. Shouldn't those people in there be setting an example....
they're the law makers m8 and sure the dont pay tax on ther smokes either @ lease not as much as we do...

Back