Smokers!

yorkshirelad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Was out tuesday nite with mates in Leeds and some tw*t accidently stumped his cig into my neck got a right nice burn mark now, can't wait for the ban lol. a few times my clothes have been caught but my face getting the brunt took the pish.

i too cant wait for the ban,just to see how many people ignore it completley

i mean cmon there tryin to ban it in leeds market ha ha like thats gunna happen

tiss supposed to be banned in the merrion center,st johns and leeds shopping plaza but not once has anyone said anything to me when ive been smoking in them,hell theres still ashtrays in em all

theres going to be a lot of problems , a few of my m8s r headers , bad lads , ex door men , boxers and so on and they love a fag with there drink .. after a few beers if someone asked them to put out a fag theres no way they will , and they r big lads , a 20 quid a night door man isnt going to get into a fight over a fag

We've already got the ban up here in Scotland and a form of life lower than a nasty Traffic Warden - the dreaded Smoke Inspectors.
They barge in sniffing the air trying to catch you smoking.
My mate is self employed and has a sign written van. He got done for smoking in his van on Monday night at 10.30pm when he wasnt working cause he was still in his "works" van. Its his only form of transport, he finishes at 5.00pm yet they still fined him £50. for picking his misses up at the bingo and having a fag while he waited.

We've already got the ban up here in Scotland and a form of life lower than a nasty Traffic Warden - the dreaded Smoke Inspectors.
My mate is self employed and has a sign written van. He got done for smoking in his van on Monday night at 10.30pm when he wasnt working cause he was still in his "works" van. Its his only form of transport, he finishes at 5.00pm yet they still fined him £50. for picking his misses up at the bingo and having a fag while he waited.
that is take the piss whats next if u work from home u cant smoke in ur house @ anytime....it starting to look like there's more f#*king freedom in cuba than there is here with all these bullsh*t rules and regulations

hey man i heard summat not so long back that they were gunna try stopping you smoking in your own home. if you had a civil servant due to visit they expect you not to smoke an hour b4 there due

they can go bollocks i,ll smoke in my own house, if someone comes to read the meter etc.. and they need no smoky air i,ll supply them with a hose pipe and i,ll hang it out the window they can suck on that for the air they want.

they can go bollocks i,ll smoke in my own house, if someone comes to read the meter etc.. and they need no smoky air i,ll supply them with a hose pipe and i,ll hang it out the window they can suck on that for the air they want.

thats a good idea .. if u turn your gas meter around and they call u can tell them to fook off lm havin a fag lol

or the cable man .. l'll do that if the cable come lol

i know people don't like the smell of smoke and i can understand that but i get f"£ked off when i have to walk down the road and all i can breathe in is car fumes and there is no other way to get to the shops,i feel intoxicated when a car goes by and its seeping into my lungs so smoking in open spaces is fine by me

How they going to prove you was smoking

smoke cams on the road

Thats ridiculous that!

My father in law told me something similar though.
They've been warned if they go on a job in Wales that they are not to smoke in their van cos they'll get fined.
My main argument though is if the reason for the ban is to stop passive smoking,then why can't you smoke inside your own van when you're on your own.The NHS one annoys me as well....you can't smoke anywhere on the grounds.So if your stood in the car park in the open air what exactly harm are you doing to anyone else?? I can appreciate they own the grounds but they don't own the fresh air so what harm is it doing? And the 500+ cars driving in and out every day are obviously producing rose-scented petals from their exhausts!
Its all bollocks.Everyone has the right to decide and as long as your not affecting anyone else then they shouldn't be allowed to say you can't do it.

its another money making scheme for our gov't fines those that breaks the ban and lets face it there's going to be tons of peeps who will break this get fines in the 1st couple yrs or so when this comes into effect which equates to millions of pounds

its another money making scheme for our gov't fines those that breaks the ban and lets face it there's going to be tons of peeps who will break this get fines in the 1st couple yrs or so when this comes into effect which equates to millions of pounds

yes they need you to smoke if you dont then they have shot there selfs in the foot so smoke as the gov will not like you if you dont.

yes they need you to smoke if you dont then they have shot there selfs in the foot so smoke as the gov will not like you if you dont.

Yes thats true but I also think they are trying to address the effects of tax losses by hammering motorists,airport flight duties,stealth taxes etc to try and dampen it.
I read that over 600+ pubs/clubs have closed just in Scotland since the ban started,any truth in this?

I think some clubs have gained customers but it is true places like working mens clubs have taken a big hit and some have to shut down. My friends and family some whom smoke can't wait for the ban.

I don't disagree in principal with a ban in some sectors.I smoke and I myself don't like people smoking when I'm eating so I can appreciate non-smokers hating it.
Its the fact that the way its being forced is draconian and taking away peoples rights.You are not getting an option.

I tell what I am fooking sick of as well. All the non-smokers coming out of the woodwork saying they can't wait for the ban cos of their chronic asthma.
Half the fooking non-smokers in the UK have suddenly developed chronic asthma if you listen to them.

Last edited:
i not smoke for 3yrs and dont care if smokers smoke in fact i think they need to ban food in pubs and give the pubs back to the drinkers and smokers.

i not smoke for 3yrs and dont care if smokers smoke in fact i think they need to ban food in pubs and give the pubs back to the drinkers and smokers.

Here Here!!!!

Ban the do-gooders from the pubs and get the fags back.

What is it with all the kids running round in pubs nowadays?
If I want to go for a pint after work to unwind I don't want some snotty little rugrat running around while I try and relax.
Ban all children under 18 as well.

Here Here!!!!

Ban the do-gooders from the pubs and get the fags back.

What is it with all the kids running round in pubs nowadays?
If I want to go for a pint after work to unwind I don't want some snotty little rugrat running around while I try and relax.
Ban all children under 18 as well.

bring back the real brit pub

Back