Skybox F3 Ethernet advice

Your Box is getting the Ip address from your router or not , if yes then trying ping the box , or try putting manual Ip address in the box and try to ping your box to find out the ethernet port is dead or not

Have you tried to get youtube to see if internet connection is working or not, if you can get youtube then maybe sea lion no longer working.

No access for youtube or premium channels. Its not getting an IP address from router with DHCP or manually setting IP.

I think you got a faulty box, if it works with wifi then you will have use that.

No access for youtube or premium channels. Its not getting an IP address from router with DHCP or manually setting IP.

I could be completely wrong but in the internet settings did you make sure to change it to ethernet from wifi? and activate or does it do it automatically im not sure

Had to activate it manually. I've gone back to wifi as I cannot get Ethernet to work.

BUMP

I have a Skybox F3 and I'm trying to run it on a sly modem/router via an ethernet cable (Libertview img) but it's not having any.
I tried DHCP on and off but still no connection. The back of the modem just shows a yellow light next the the rj45 plug but the green light is off.
I have changed out the ethernet cable but it's still the same. I also tried the box on a virmin superhub at another property and it's fine.
I've never used a sly router, is there something in modem setting to activate the ethernet sockets or protection of some sort ?

I'm not sure if it could be any sky bb shield setting? If you have sky shield could you try disabling it completely and reboot and try again.

Can you connect the ethernet leaving sky router into something else and see if that gets an ip address fine?

That's my next move, the box is at my bro in laws (I have virmin) so I know the box is fine. I gave him a new cable thinking it was that but I never thought to plug his laptop in via the cable , the laptop runs on wireless fine. I'll go up later find out what's going on

Back