Peripherals Dell Altec Lansing Ada995 5.1 Thx Speaker System

cactikid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
At the moment i am using the above sound system with a creative sound blaster audigy sound card.

I am hoping to swap over to a tiny pc Mimic and port is spdif only.

I am looking for a good DTS quality and need to connect an external card that takes my 3 cables from my unit.

I am seeing these but from china and looking for better quality ones as sound is important and previous sound card was updated to a better one

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

New pc below.

MINIX NEO N42C-4 Plus Mini PC Windows 10 Pro (64-bit), Intel Pentium Apollo Lake mini Computer [4GB/64GB/Upgrade Storage/4K @ 60Hz/Triple Display/USB-C/Dual-Band Wi-Fi/Gigabit Ethernet/BT 4.1].: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Old pc was using this card.

Creative Blaster Audigy Fx 5.1 PCIe Sound Card with SBX Pro Studio: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories.

So wondering if anybody has ideas as it needs those 3 cables as on pic and on pc i have spdif so would need spdif in on external card converter.No phono ports fitted like on the newer models.

Attachments

• dell altec lansing ada995.jpg
    dell altec lansing ada995.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 1
  • cables for soundcard.jpg
    cables for soundcard.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 1
Thought it might have been an easy buy but not knowing how good they are and if thx for better sound.

Turns out Thx is now an unsupported third party software:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: so have bit the bullet and ordered this.

Sound Blaster X3

Back