Skybox F3 Ethernet advice

gadgethome

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
My F3 is connects via wi-fi to a devolo homplug and works fine most of the time. I'm now trying to connect it to the homeplug using ethernet but can't get it to work at all. I've connected my laptop using same ethernet cable just to rule out any issues and that works fine.

On the skybox f3, I've tried using dhcp on and also off but it just wont assign any IP address to it. I'm using VM superhub and all my other devices are working fine.

Anyone has this working with homeplug and ethernet?
thanks

My F3 is connects via wi-fi to a devolo homplug and works fine most of the time. I'm now trying to connect it to the homeplug using ethernet but can't get it to work at all. I've connected my laptop using same ethernet cable just to rule out any issues and that works fine.

On the skybox f3, I've tried using dhcp on and also off but it just wont assign any IP address to it. I'm using VM superhub and all my other devices are working fine.

Anyone has this working with homeplug and ethernet?
thanks

hello
gadgethome

have you try'd runing the box with just a eathernet lead from your rooter to the box to see if you get an ip?

Thanks for reply. Both in different rooms and cable not long enough.

I have a F3 working perfectly well using home plugs and have used the wifi.
You do know that YOU have to switch between the two, it does not do it automatically.

Might be on different circuits?

dont make any difference, they are all connected at the consumer unit, so idont think it makes any difference, i remember my freind got home plugs connected all over the house they work fine..upstairs and downstairs, he has tp link ones, they are suppose to good..might invest in a pair..

Homeplug works great with other devices both on wifi and ethernet. Its just the skybox that I cant get working with ethernet. I've enabled ethernet on skybox, activated it, rebooted several times but still wont connect.

dont make any difference, they are all connected at the consumer unit, so idont think it makes any difference, i remember my freind got home plugs connected all over the house they work fine..upstairs and downstairs, he has tp link ones, they are suppose to good..might invest in a pair..

it can make a big difference if there on different circuits as when it go's though the consumer unit it mess's up the signal being sent, your friend must have just hit it lucky!

they are on different rings main, i have 3 seperate ring mains one for downstair sockets, one for upstairs socket and a seperate ring for the kitchen as i have lots of sockets there, im pretty sure that it is standard in most houses unless the sockets are wired as a radial socket....ill try them first before i buy a set, but im sure they will work,,

they are on different rings main, i have 3 seperate ring mains one for downstair sockets, one for upstairs socket and a seperate ring for the kitchen as i have lots of sockets there, im pretty sure that it is standard in most houses unless the sockets are wired as a radial socket....ill try them first before i buy a set, but im sure they will work,,

it all depends on who wired it johnny and the amount of sockets in the circuit as to whether it will be a ring main or radial, all kitchens are or should be ring main, if you live in a Housing Executive house you could find all kinds of ropey things done, or any house for that.
i hope it work's for you :goodluck:

dont know whether you resolved this mate but ive bought a few of these and most were fine but got 2 with ethernet issue the wireless works fine got a feeling ethernet side a bit fooked and looks like its connecting but nothing - and wireless perfect im contacting supplier but chinese new year so prob no reply for a while - also line fine with other box but also had a power supply issue from these and seller sending us a few so can fix

Managed to relocate my VM superhub to same room as TV. Connected F3 using ethernet. Set the connection to active on F3 and still not able to connect. Tried both DHCP on and Off. On the back of F3 one light is green and one orange. I think its orange as its only 10 meg. Tried network youtube app just to be sure and that doesnt work either. Could be faulty I guess. Anything else I can try?

Are you sure you have ethernet on in your F3, I think on the network setting menu there is a setting to choose ethernet.
The orange light is on because of 10 meg indicates connecting at slower speed.

Take ethernet cable out and reboot both router and F3, plug back in ethernet cable see if the router recognises it now.
The only other thing I can think of is have you updated your firmware, youtube stopped working on older firmware so if you have older firmware that is why it is not connecting to youtube.

Hiya,
maybe you havn't enabled the DHCP , check and go in SETUP and check wether DHCP is on there

I've tried both using dhcp and also manually assigning an IP address. All the premium channels are coming up as scrambled.

Just updated to latest firmware but still not working. Can only guess its a fault with my box.

just be sure ?? is your ethernet cable is working properly , i mean the cable is not faulty? tryin using it on somehting else

Yes tried cable on another pc and its working fine.

Back