Some advice

hoddle10

Reaction score
I'm changing my cooker extractor but the ducking is 110mm, the extractor opening the duct connects to is 250mm.
I've ordered a reducer off flea Bay but it hasn't been dispatched yet. I was planning on starting tomorrow.
Now don't laugh, I had this idea of using
plastic plant pot with the bottom cut off.
I'm I off my head, or am I a genius🤔
Is it safe.

I'm changing my cooker extractor but the ducking is 110mm, the extractor opening the duct connects to is 250mm.
I've ordered a reducer off flea Bay but it hasn't been dispatched yet. I was planning on starting tomorrow.
Is it safe.
You're off your head 😂
Wait till the part arrives from eBay.

So not one of my best idea's.
It sounds nuts when I read my original post back.

Plus do a soap test when fitted , put some washing up liquid and water into a cup then brush it onto the fixing If one of the components is leaking, the solution will form soap bubbles

Is it safe.
M8 listen, give it a go, if it works happy days, always remember:

It's not a church"
Sometimes a simple sit back and think things out works then hunt round for bits left in your sh#te filled shed and have a pop.

I have this extractor vent outside which opens when the air pressure from the extractor fan blows air out and pushes it open.

Only problem is the one big vent flap is clunk clunk clunking when it's breezy and cold air coming back in the kitchen.

So I gets looking round and I couldn't find anything on the net to stop this . My solution (I read some were) was x2 tiny neo magnets, one glued onto the vent flap, the other onto vent casing outside.

I juggled them about till they were in a position were the air pressure from the hood would push the magnets apart and the vent flap open but when I turned off the extractor fan the flap would drop back and the magnets would shut the vent tight stopping it from blowing open in the wind,
No more rattling, no more drafts.
Simple solutions are created by simple people
I know I know

@silverdale But he just has to wait for the correct part to arrive. You improvised because there was nothing available to solve your issue.
Me personally would wait for the part to arrive and do the job right.

@silverdale But he just has to wait for the correct part to arrive. You improvised because there was nothing available to solve your issue.
Me personally would wait for the part to arrive and do the job right.
Just wondering what he would do with the proper spare when it arrives if he did the MacGyver with the plant pot. Would he take the piece he removed from the plant pot, superglue it to the vent reducer and make a plant pot? 😂

Fair play to the guy. Just remember apollo 13 was brought back home by improvised parts 😊

Back