sky+ without card remote control problem

alang

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi , I have a sky+ sd box without a card which I wish to use in our spare room to watch the freesat programs.
The box works fine but only a couple of functions on the remote seem to be working.Not worried about recording (I know you have to have a sky sub for that )just want to use the remote to change channels.
The box was bought from ebay and is set to the midlands area, we are in kent how do I change it to get the south east channels by default?
any help much appreciated.

Alan

youprobably wont get your local region without a card , as i am in the northamptonshire area and when i put a sky box on , i get the london area for bbc and itv , you cold always get a sky freeview card , that will allow you only to get the free channels for your area , i think its a one off payment of 20 pound and they will send you the card

Without a card it should default to BBC 1 London and ITV 1 Central. A Freesat for Sky card was £20 online or £25 over the phone. All the BBC regions are on the 950's upwards and most ITV regions can be tuned in to via add channels.

Hiya inner.. if i may say i used to have a sly sub,, but now its freesat..
Infact the same card is in the reciever and still get ALL the free hds like bbc and itv1 and a great japan hd channel and channel 4+5 hd

put any sky card from your area in, reboot box it should default to your area, put card back in box you got it from. this will keep it in your region as long as you dont power off the box.

Back