Sky Plus Box help

MH

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If I were to buy a sky + box, plug it in and connect it up,
Get sky to register my card to new box

Will I be able to use the recording feature?
or do I need to let sky know I want to record?

no m8....all they are concerned about is :-

1- u pay £10/month for the recording feature(what a cheek after you bought the box)

or

2- subscribe to a premium pack (sport or movies) and get it for free

free recording then m8....(should be free regardless-u bought the bloody box)

u need to make sure they activate the recording bit wen u ring them.....when i first registered they "forgot" - i mean what did i get a sky+ box for then ?

Im under the impression u have to have 2 premium packs on top of the basic pack to qualify for free sky+ recording thingy.

Unfotunately its not as simple as that.You need Sky to install Sky+ box or a qualified 3rd party, cause you need a dual LNB fitted thus then needs a second feed (cable) run into your house from
the dish, you would once all set up have to get Sky to pair your viewing card to your Sky+ box and get them to activate the recording facility for around £10 a month, Depending what package you are on(SOME PACKAGES ARE FREE RECORDING).Getting them to fit the LNB and run the cable will cost you a service charge.You would have to phone Sky to see what deals they had on at the moment.You could save yourself money by obtaining a sky+ box then fitting a dual LNB and running the cable youself, then getting your card paired and recording activated by phoning Sky. This takes some work and a little knowledge to do, I would not advise you to try this if you have no knowledge or if your dish is not easily accessable or if it is high off the ground.

Last edited:
Just checked, for getting sky+ box supplied and fitted at present would cost you £99 and seen that you say you are on a premier package you would get the recording facility for nothing. I would suggest that even aquiring a sky+ box and running cables and all the work and hassle, you would be just as well paying the won off installation fee.

Back