sky+ noise

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hey people,
i got that sky+ deal a few months back, were it was free. its working fine i just have one gripe, its quite noisy, and i mean consantly, i can hear it whenever in the room. is this normal? is there any way to quieten it a bit?

ahh, its quite annoying, mite have to get some kind of cabinet or something to store it in

i have the same problem,its the hard drive making the noise,you probably find getting up in the morning and the sky has turned itself off.a small price we have to pay for the service

you probably find getting up in the morning and the sky has turned itself off.

You can go into the setting and turn off auto standby.

To turn off Sky+ Auto Standby, simply press 'Services' on your remote, go to Sky+ Setup and turn off Auto Standby. Finish with 'Save New Settings'.

my sky+ box constantly emitts a high pitched whine noise, it genuinely hurts my ears a little, when i go upto the box you can hear a fan the hard drive and this noise i did a bit of googling and it is a common thing for these boxes (usually the amstrads as they are the poorest quality) i was thinking about trying to get it replaced but i dont use it much, tend to stick with the trusty dreambox :D

i dont imagine sky would replace it tho, im not sure, coz it works fine its just this noise

Back