Sky+ HD & Dreambox on twin feed cable

Eiji

Inactive User
Reaction score
Minidish was installed in early 2010. Before I purchase a Dreambox 800SE I want to know if I can use both boxes with the cable that has already been installed. It's a shotgun cable, a two plug cable thats about as thin as the old single plug cables.

Can I remove one of these plugs from the back of the Sky+ HD box and insert it into the back of the Dreambox so I can get a Sky signal on the Dreambox too? Can I split the feed like this?

Thanks.

Minidish was installed in early 2010. Before I purchase a Dreambox 800SE I want to know if I can use both boxes with the cable that has already been installed. It's a shotgun cable, a two plug cable thats about as thin as the old single plug cables.

Can I remove one of these plugs from the back of the Sky+ HD box and insert it into the back of the Dreambox so I can get a Sky signal on the Dreambox too? Can I split the feed like this?

Thanks.

Yes one feed in each box will work but only 1 tuner in the sky box will work

Yes one feed in each box will work but only 1 tuner in the shky box will work

I guess that means I lose the ability to watch one channel on the Sky+ HD box and record another which doesn't bother me as I can probably do it using both boxes i.e record Sky Sports 1 HD on Sky+ HD box and Sky Sports 2 HD on Dreambox.

you will need to put the sky box into single feed mode.

its in the hidden installer menu...

Why not just run another feed from your minidish?

Plus if the card is in the dm the sky box wont clear the channels.

So I need a viewing card in both Sky+ HD box and Dreambox?

No, but there are certain discussions not permitted on this site.
If you mean can you use your card simultaneously in a skybox and a dreambox then no you can't. Not unless you want to switch your card every time you want to use a different box.

Back