SKY HD Channels GONE - Is This The End Of Sky HD and Card Share C/S

I honestly think that the sky official decoder (sky + HD) is a very very good piece of hardware, it is supplied in accordance with sky's official subscription and works flawlessly (most of the time bar technical failure etc) and is for the most part idiot proof, mum and dad proof even grandad proof, there's no such thing as "no longer available on this frequency please retune to ..... Etc) picture quality is excellent and recording is a piece of piss. Only a true satellite enthusiast needs more, if you bought a DVD player and had to flash an image to it and add codecs for this n that etc, had lip sync issues etc we wouldn't bother with it, just a loose comparison but I'm sure ye get my drift. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

The epg is all over the place though .
Its cluttered with junk channels and +1 channels are orphaned .
In Ireland alot of the UK channels like ITV1 HD, ITV2 HD,ITV3HD,ITV4 HD,ITV Encore, Channel 5 ,BBC3 HD ,BBC 4HD etc arent on the epg ,you have to tune them in using the other channels which is a real nuisance.

A nuisance yeah I agree but i think that's more to do with bbc and itv and the amount they are willing to pay for epg allocation outside of the uk, granted it would be great if there was an option to add a "user defined bouquet or set of bouquets" but that's just the way it is, everyone has their own preferred set of channels that they watch regularly and after a couple of weeks automatically remember the channel numbers and rarely use the epg to zap to a channel eg wanna watch bbc1 or rte1 here simply press 101 etc. for the ordinary joe user the sky box is far simpler to operate than any Linux or closed source box. Just my opinion..

I honestly think that the sky official decoder (sky + HD) is a very very good piece of hardware, it is supplied in accordance with sky's official subscription and works flawlessly (most of the time bar technical failure etc) and is for the most part idiot proof, mum and dad proof even grandad proof, there's no such thing as "no longer available on this frequency please retune to ..... Etc) picture quality is excellent and recording is a piece of piss. Only a true satellite enthusiast needs more, if you bought a DVD player and had to flash an image to it and add codecs for this n that etc, had lip sync issues etc we wouldn't bother with it, just a loose comparison but I'm sure ye get my drift. ;)

you left one thing out

you have to pay for it

not all about free or cheap

the hobby is working it & learning the tricks

as for using that brick of a box forget it would rather watch council telly

I honestly love figuring things out, applying workaround and generally anything that bordered on supernerdism... but i honestly cannot find fault, apart from the moral part, of 20 quid for a full package... it just works.
That being said i will be first on any new twist in the story... as alimac states "hobby is working it & learning the tricks"...

trying payin 70 quid for the bloated crap

i only do it for the hobby

dont even watch it

lol

trying payin 70 quid for the bloated crap

i only do it for the hobby

dont even watch it

lol

Gotta agree !!!!

I have the usual setup.... not even tuned a sky provided channel all week..... in fact no TV at all other than downloaded stuff via plex

Another point... when people do come round mine and say "how come your SKY so much of a better picture quality than mine".... I noticed instantly the first time
I plugged in my chinese knock off VU+ ... the picture quality is genuinely soooo much better than any of the sky boxes

but as I said above... my viewing is changing and sky are not keeping with the times... using them less and less
They are only any use to grandma and grandad who have never used a PC and have no intention of either.

lads this thread is for HD channels that have gone off and maybe away someone might get them back one day lmao

Channel 5 HD
Disney Jr HD
Disney Channel HD
Disney XD HD
More 4 HD
Comedy central HD
Mtv HD

are looking like they have also gone to the dark side

Easier to list what is actually left:

Film 4 HD
TCM HD
Sly 3D
BT Sport 1 HD
BT Sport 2 HD
ESPN HD
Boxnation HD
Sly News HD

Entertainment:

ITV Encore HD
Sly 1 HD
Sly living HD
Sly Atlantic HD
Sly Arts 1 HD
Sly Arts 2 HD
Fox HD
Universal HD
TLC HD
Alibi HD
Lifetime HD
Good Food HD
Eden HD
ITV2 HD
ITV3 HD
ITV4 HD
E4 HD
More 4 HD
Channel 5 HD
Comedy Central HD
Watch HD
SyFy HD
E! HD
Dave HD

Documentary:

History HD
Crime HD
National Geographic UK HD
Nat Geo Wild HD
Animal Planet HD
Discovery HD

Movies:

Sly Premier HD
Sly Sci Fi / Horror HD
Sly Disney HD
Sly Family HD
Sly Showcase HD
Sly Drama HD
Sly Thriller HD
Sly Greats HD
Sly Select HD
Sky Action HD
Sky Comedy HD

Sports:

Sly Sports News HD
Sly Sports 1 HD
Sly Sports 2 HD
Sly Sports 3 HD
Sly Sports 4 HD
Sly Sports 5 HD
Sly Sports F1 HD
Eurosport HD
Eurosport 2 HD

Kids:

Cartoon Network HD
Nickelodeon HD
Disney Junior HD
Disney XD HD
Disney Channel HD

International:

Star Plus HD

Music:

MTV HD
MTV Live HD

What's wrong with watching the SD channels??

They're compressed to within an inch of their lives, maybe not all but for an example I watched Sly Sports F1 in SD at the weekend, and it just looked so bad. Obviously this is subjective, but it's not just the resolution that's lower, the picture quality is also reduced... it makes analogue TV look good! Still, better than nowt I suppose.

Back