SKY HD Channels GONE - Is This The End Of Sky HD and Card Share C/S

Ok so...

If I get a c/s package that comes with things like nova, can*****, digitalb, cyfra etc.... your telling me all I need a motorised dish for about 40 quid and I just tune in and il be watching sports HD and movies HD?

I hear an echo say the encryption on other sats arent as rigorous, so those odd freezing would eradicate?

Hope you can clarify for me... Thanks.

That would depend on your current equipment you are using at the moment, you can get a Motor for about £40 but nothing else

@pandax
what dish have you got now

basically been using sky's dish for the past several months. Faces 28.2e I think, it isnt motorised.

When you lot say you need more than just a motorised dish what do you mean?

Cos I have a vu solo2 genuine version and will be more than happy in investing in a good c/s package which I have had before for 28.2e only,

then you need a 1m dish lnb,cable,fittings, and a motor
new about a £100
then you need to have it installed another £100
or do it yourself
use that with your solo2
then you need to open the channels up
with what ever way you choose

then you need a 1m dish lnb,cable,fittings, and a motor new about a £100 then you need to have it installed another £100 or do it yourself use that with your solo2 then you need to open the channels up with what ever way you choose
Thanks for the very detailed post :) Some quick questions - might sound stupid, but trust me its not :p 1) What is the difference if any between 1m, 1.2, 1.3m, dishes? 2) What happens if someone is watching 28.2 and I have a recording coming up on lets say 64.0W (made number up), will it switch over or will recording fail? 3) Sly NDS was rigorous = random glitches here and there, once every hour. Im guessing other sats will be the same or fewer glitches? Thanks.

Thanks for the very detailed post :) Some quick questions - might sound stupid, but trust me its not :p 1) What is the difference if any between 1m, 1.2, 1.3m, dishes? 2) What happens if someone is watching 28.2 and I have a recording coming up on lets say 64.0W (made number up), will it switch over or will recording fail? 3) Sly NDS was rigorous = random glitches here and there, once every hour. Im guessing other sats will be the same or fewer glitches? Thanks.

Firstly, leave your existing Sky dish alone, add another dish, say 1m with a diseqc and a motor, that way you will always have 28.2E on fixed and all other satellites on the motorised system, however, if you only have a single tuner receiver then you can only record what you are watching. You could run an additional feed from your 28.2E LNB (providing it is dual, quad etc) to an old Sky/Freesat box etc and always have these channels regardless of your receiver.

There are many threads on here detailing motorised set-ups, take a little time to explore them.

I never had any knowledge of multi-sat set-ups or motorised systems and now I have successfully installed my own installation with three fixed satellites (28.2E, 26E and 27.5W) along with a motorised dish, along with my sealions this opens up a huge array of channels, including hundreds of sport and movies packages, in fact I watched the Froch v Groves fight live last night on 13E, albeit with Polish commentary! Most English language movies can be changed back to the original sound from the the dubbed one using the audio button on your receiver.

All the knowledge was gleaned from this forum (mainly) with some very helpful members plus a lot of searching past posts.

Good luck!

???????????? what

i dont need jack m8
iv had a motor for years
and i open my own channels
all of em

Lol. Apologies, my post was aimed at pandax - who should now do a search on here cos all of these questions have been asked and answered many times... let's keep this thread about the demise of CS.

:goodpost: :) keep on topic

Sent From My Galaxy s5

was getting directional lol

forgetting which thread was reading

Re: history hd and net geo hd gone

Just like your HD channels .....gone.....

Re: history hd and net geo hd gone

owell its all rubbish any way
theres still plenty to watch out there if sky gos

Last edited:
how doz a remote control work
do i need to push the buttons
whats the hole at the back for
is it for batteries
do i need to be near some sort of screen to watch it
can i pick sly up on a dustbin lid and get ppv for free

if i get a motor do i need to turn it by hand

doz the ice cream lady come round during the movies

iv been told that to get a good signal i must hang upside down and whistles dixie

ffs

Last edited:
is it for batteries

no but you can get better wifi with a dustbin lid..............:p

is it for batteries

if i get a motor do i need to turn it by hand

doz the ice cream lady come round during the movies

iv been told that to get a good signal i must hang upside down and whistles dixie

ffs

METAL DUSTBIN LID Around £17
Yes, it really does work! A dustbin lid may not be a perfect parabolic reflector but it does the job well enough and we were able to get quite passable pictures from the Astra satellites at our South London test site. The dish took around half an hour to build using materials that came to £17; it would have been a lot cheaper but we couldn’t find anyone who would sell us a dustbin lid on its own... The bin with it’s 50cm diameter lid cost £13.99 from a high-street hardware store, the LNB arm is made from a 25cm length of threated steel rod, brought from Sainsbury’s Homebase for a pound, the LNB support bracket came from a local satellite installer and cost £1.50, and the mounting bracket was a large Jubilee clip, another 85 pence. You’ve got to add on the cost of the LNB, we used a fairly ordinary Marconi Solo, we’ve seen them selling for around £35; the mount need cost nothing, our dish worked quite happily clamped to a cast iron drainpipe.

Alignment took only a few minutes, it involved quite a bit of trial and error to determine the optimum length for the LNB arm (mainly by waving the LNB around in front of the lid until we got a picture). It wasn’t all guesswork, though, we used a compass to get a bearing on the satellite (19.2 degrees East of South), and the receiver was pre-tuned to a known channel.

Of course we’re not suggesting that it’s a substitue for a proper dish, we wouldn’t fancy its chances in a high wind, and it would probably be hopeless North of Watford, you would need a much bigger dustbin for that... Hopefully it demonstrates that the technology isn’t as scary as it looks, and satellite dish design isn’t necessarily as complicated as some would have us believe.

what about the ppv for free
and the ice cream lady
and what are the buttons on the remote for
how would i put a motor on a dustbin lid
could i prop it up with the base of the bin
i have a square plastic wheelie bin thingy
do i need to take the sh!te out of the bin first
would i need to realign my dustbin dish on bin days

people might call it rubbish
but its better than paying £80 a month

Last edited:
I dont know why people pay so much to rupee, I have full hd including movies at £22.00 per month and that was with a new hd wifi box. My card never goes near my linux box's but they get loads of use using tsmedia as I down load loads of movies and the latest shows.

Back