Since brexit has just gone to hell .... anyone got a good Plan B?

The problem lies with the EU not willing to compromise and are Government not doing enough to make it happen not the people.
Lets not get confused here, this is not a Tory Labour Lib debate this is a referendum. Because the Politicians need to work harder to find a solution.

We import more than we export. It would only take a few months before Spain Italy, France Portugal etc ..... members of the EU that export billions to the UK before they're up in arms with the EU hindering their exports to the UK. If they don't like it ? shop elsewhere I say. We are a strong nation who could easily stand on our own two feet. Its the soft harse ppl in this country who think we'll collapse into a big hole that rag me off.

EU doesn't need to or have to compromise. Do you even understand how this works? You're in my gang, im in charge, and I set the rules. You want to leave, no problem, then you have to do xyz to leave. Those are my terms, dont agree to them, then fine, but they're not changing. I dont have to change, because im the bigger one here, im the leader, and I hold all the power. Can you not see this simply dynamic? Somewhat like Trump is doing to Mexico, and Canada with NAFTA, the EU is doing to the UK. It will also stand as a lesson to any other people who wish to try and leave, it's a business negotiation, and the UK holds none of the cards. So why would the EU compromise?

Oh jolly well old chap, thanks for subsiding us all these years, no hard feelings, you leave with the house and the car you wanted, and we will just carry on regardless.

No one has said anything about us importing more than exporting, but that alone is a massive problem. Our biggest export is services, specifically financial services. What happens (Which will) all the finance sector move to a country within the EU for frictionless trade, for subsidies for everything the boys club can provide. What are we to export then? Our pikeys so they can go robbing or something? We're not an exporter of anything, and we have very little to offer other countries, that they cannot get elsewhere cheaper. And the EU knows this, so they're going to use it against us, as naturally anyone would who's looking to get the better half of the deal.

So if we import far more than we export then that means we will have a trade deficit, and as we import 90% of our goods, that is going to go up very very quickly, and it's not like we can start growing Oranges here all of a sudden (Example only).

Whilst the referendum held did indeed give a leave vote, and I stand by that vote, the terms of that vote have to be right for the country. And leaving on the terms on offer is not what was voted for. It's actually a worse deal than staying in the EU, so it comes back to a simple vote again, Leave no deal, stay in the EU. It is that black and white, leavers will say that the vote has already been taking, and remainers are just moaning, well if you're so certain of the result, what harm is there in a vote. Let us not forget the original referendum is/was not even legally binding, and can be challenged and overturned.

whether you agree or not after the vote we are leaving. to now change the vote or have a revote is the opposite of democracy

EU doesn't need to or have to compromise. Do you even understand how this works? You're in my gang, im in charge, and I set the rules. You want to leave, no problem, then you have to do xyz to leave. Those are my terms, dont agree to them, then fine, but they're not changing. I dont have to change, because im the bigger one here, im the leader, and I hold all the power. Can you not see this simply dynamic? Somewhat like Trump is doing to Mexico, and Canada with NAFTA, the EU is doing to the UK. It will also stand as a lesson to any other people who wish to try and leave, it's a business negotiation, and the UK holds none of the cards. So why would the EU compromise?

Oh jolly well old chap, thanks for subsiding us all these years, no hard feelings, you leave with the house and the car you wanted, and we will just carry on regardless.

No one has said anything about us importing more than exporting, but that alone is a massive problem. Our biggest export is services, specifically financial services. What happens (Which will) all the finance sector move to a country within the EU for frictionless trade, for subsidies for everything the boys club can provide. What are we to export then? Our pikeys so they can go robbing or something? We're not an exporter of anything, and we have very little to offer other countries, that they cannot get elsewhere cheaper. And the EU knows this, so they're going to use it against us, as naturally anyone would who's looking to get the better half of the deal.

So if we import far more than we export then that means we will have a trade deficit, and as we import 90% of our goods, that is going to go up very very quickly, and it's not like we can start growing Oranges here all of a sudden (Example only).

Whilst the referendum held did indeed give a leave vote, and I stand by that vote, the terms of that vote have to be right for the country. And leaving on the terms on offer is not what was voted for. It's actually a worse deal than staying in the EU, so it comes back to a simple vote again, Leave no deal, stay in the EU. It is that black and white, leavers will say that the vote has already been taking, and remainers are just moaning, well if you're so certain of the result, what harm is there in a vote. Let us not forget the original referendum is/was not even legally binding, and can be challenged and overturned.

You can say it till you are blue in face pal. The EU hold all the cards and nobody knows the full implications of leaving. All I know is that the EU will make it as ugly as possible to put fear into the other members.
The EU will make sure the offer for leaving is going to be worse than staying.

EU doesn't need to or have to compromise. Do you even understand how this works? You're in my gang, im in charge, and I set the rules. You want to leave, no problem, then you have to do xyz to leave. Those are my terms, dont agree to them, then fine, but they're not changing. I dont have to change, because im the bigger one here, im the leader, and I hold all the power.
Precisely the reason that made me want to leave

and it's not like we can start growing Oranges here all of a sudden (Example only).
Why not? some people grow cannabis here :eek:

Last edited:
Precisely the reason that made me want to leave

Why not? some people grow cannabis here :eek:

Hang on, so you want to leave, because you're part of a boys club that has the ability to bully smaller countries to do what they want. Or the fact that they wont compromise? Again, why do they need to compromise? They've got it good! If you're Mike Ashley for instance, you're not suddenly going to say, oh im going to sell all my shares in xyz as i've already got it good, give someone else a chance. Or Warren Buffett, or any other successful business man, they're not going to suddenly give up because they've got enough. We live in a world of capitalism, and the more you have/can secure, the safer you are.

Why do you think that the US is invading countries with oil, so they can increase their reserves. As when the oil runs out, and you're the only one with it, guess what? That's right, you're the king of the hill.

Growing weed is profitable on an energy to profit ratio. Oranges, and other crops sadly are not.

The worst thing about all this is not what may/may not happen when we leave, its how utterly stupid we look to the rest of the world.

Funny enough derry is on the border.
Who said “united ireland is nothing to do with brexit”???
🙂

Funny enough derry is on the border.
Who said “united ireland is nothing to do with brexit”???
🙂

it has everything to do with brexit, ask DUP ? prob. 1 of the most important things, I think.
read an interesting news feed
In a bizarre turn of events, Theresa May could get her Brexit deal through after all – the key lies with Yvette Cooper

Opinion: In a bizarre turn of events, Theresa May could get her Brexit deal through after all – the key lies with Yvette Cooper

If it is delayed for 9 months or 9 minutes im not to worried.
As it stands now the UK are 10000% goosed now. The british voted for it, not to bothered about oil grabbing war mongering civil murdering empire self destructing. Keep the billions, keep the capitalism ideas. Keep the borders.

But for crying out loud just get on with what the british voted for.
Get deal done and clear off.
Silly old woman dancing queen joke flying over to brussels every other week wanting her pie and eat it.

Just a reminder to those in the main land that over 3000 people were murdered in this part of ireland and a border or back stop will not happen.
Only 12 hours ago a bomb went of in the UK.
Doesn't make that big headlines over there but sure.....
WHO HAS ACE OF SPADES NOW.

Get out of ireland.... Get out of the EU.
Its not looking good.... looks like begging bowl trying to get a deal you aint getting.
(NOW WHAT)??? Get advise from the DUP that keeps goverment in power? Remember the billions handed to northern ireland in a golden handshake?

It will always come back to bite you with bribes as there is NO loyalty in loyalism
🙂

Thread title is about “plan B”
Answer is...... clear off and strike a trade deal with the eskimos.
👍🏼

Last edited:
If it is delayed for 9 months or 9 minutes im not to worried.
As it stands now the UK are 10000% goosed now. The british voted for it, not to bothered about oil grabbing war mongering civil murdering empire self destructing. Keep the billions, keep the capitalism ideas. Keep the borders.

But for crying out loud just get on with what the british voted for.
Get deal done and clear off.
Silly old woman dancing queen joke flying over to brussels every other week wanting her pie and eat it.

Just a reminder to those in the main land that over 3000 people were murdered in this part of ireland and a border or back stop will not happen.
Only 12 hours ago a bomb went of in the UK.
Doesn't make that big headlines over there but sure.....
WHO HAS ACE OF SPADES NOW.

Get out of ireland.... Get out of the EU.
Its not looking good.... looks like begging bowl trying to get a deal you aint getting.
(NOW WHAT)??? Get advise from the DUP that keeps goverment in power? Remember the billions handed to northern ireland in a golden handshake?

It will always come back to bite you with bribes as there is NO loyalty in loyalism
🙂

Thread title is about “plan B”
Answer is...... clear off and strike a trade deal with the eskimos.
👍🏼
Lot of vile stuff in that post
Was just a matter of time b4 this thread turned to shit. 😞
totally agree mate time for mods to close it I think before anymore of this vile puss is posted :(

Could the mods just remove the posts they think that are overstepping the mark.....

@chookey @IANB @avid im saying what many many people are saying, funny enough many wont agree but there is two side to a coin.
Why is it not a good idea to hurry up leave the EU?
The biggest problem is having the DUP pulling the strings. The same party that is up to its eyes in corruption. Northern ireland has had no government for years because of there corruption.
(same party pulling downing street)
Is theresa may not wasting her time every time see asks for better?
(see’s been told it aint happening)

Most countries in EU a screaming from the mountain tops for great britain to hurry up and leave.
Then i post only what is on the tip of millions of peoples tongues.
Funny enough those who dont like my post maybe just want to hear what they want to hear.
😉

It's clear to see that you're anti-British. Your choice but not something that interests me in the slightest. I don't want to hear or read about it. There may well be some underground forum that would welcome your views. I would like to think DW isn't one of them.
I respect your right to have your opinions but not to express them here.
The only other recourse would be for DW to start a room where all the anti-British can have a moan amongst themselves and then I could choose not to visit it.

@river4ever I didn’t say I disliked any members posts but clearly some of the comments in this thread are not wanted by some members and I suggested that the mods could maybe remove them instead of closing the thread. Shall we have a vote on it 🤔😉

We do not sensor opinions, if we did that we would be no better than the BBC.

Until someone starts insulting others, debate only works when it is not censored.
Freedom of speech is key to democracy, if you sensor someones opinion then it is not freedom of speech.

Please keep it civil.

Back