Signed up to vermin 50meg BB!!

Download Speed: 8917 kbps (1114.6 KB/sec ) Upload Speed: 682 kbps (85.3 KB/sec )

just got this, im on 20meg, is this good?

Not really, you should be getting the full 20mb

Download Speed: 8917 kbps (1114.6 KB/sec ) Upload Speed: 682 kbps (85.3 KB/sec )

just got this, im on 20meg, is this good?

Book a service call.. but before you do fit a timer to the power supply and have the modem remove every hour for a day.. ring up and they will see theres a problem with the modem in the logs and book a service call..

The engineer did put a meter on and said my signal was too strong , so put a 6db forward path attenuator on , just done a test and got 41361kbps / 1582kbps

so its going to be up and down all the time as im sure it was about 50 not long ago

just tried speedtest.net and speedtest.bbmax and got these results.
on speedtest.net d/l 9.84Mbps and u/l 0.49Mbps.
on speedtest.bbmax d/l 9.64Mbps and u/l 0.48Mbps.

just tried speedtest.net and speedtest.bbmax and got these results.
on speedtest.net d/l 9.84Mbps and u/l 0.49Mbps.
on speedtest.bbmax d/l 9.64Mbps and u/l 0.48Mbps.

Which service are you on ?

even tho this topic is about 50meg, i'm on the virgin 10meg service

hopefully those on 20mb like myself will get a xmas pressie with free upgrade to 50mb as virgin are rolling out 100mb and pushing customers from the 50?> 100mb free

hopefully those on 20mb like myself will get a xmas pressie with free upgrade to 50mb as virgin are rolling out 100mb and pushing customers from the 50?> 100mb free

according to my m8 who works for vermin says no. however 50 will be upgraded to 100.

boy i spoke to seemed to suggest they would... och well fingers crossed.. if they dont they must be doing away with the 50mb service?

had 50 installed a few months ago and it been great since day one just done a test just now and getting Download Speed: 50435 kbps (6304.4 KB/sec ) Upload Speed: 1614 kbps (201.8 KB/sec )

the only problem i had was about 5 days after i got it the modem screwed up and they had to come give me another one but fine since

had 50 installed a few months ago and it been great since day one just done a test just now and getting Download Speed: 50435 kbps (6304.4 KB/sec ) Upload Speed: 1614 kbps (201.8 KB/sec )

the only problem i had was about 5 days after i got it the modem screwed up and they had to come give me another one but fine since

Out of interest what was the problem with the old modem?? im having to manually reboot mine twice a day.. just ran a test on the feed and its fine.. only started a week ago. but speeds are fine :S

Out of interest what was the problem with the old modem?? im having to manually reboot mine twice a day.. just ran a test on the feed and its fine.. only started a week ago. but speeds are fine :S

it just wouldnt obtain a downstream signal so couldnt connect at all!!! it was a brand new one they installed and they engineer said he hadnt seen one of these go down like that before . the new one has been totally fine since though

Back