Should I be good ?

FUBAR69

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just been to the bank and lodged some money to cover DD's etc.

It was not until I got home that I noticed the money that I had placed in the hatch had not been lifted (£240) and I have lifted it with my receipts and lodgement book.

Should I be good ?......Would you ?

I would!

What would you say if you had made that mistake, and someone lifted yours?

I know - You would post a thread on here saying Fecking Bank has list my £240 quid! or something similar! ;)

Just been to the bank and lodged some money to cover DD's etc.

It was not until I got home that I noticed the money that I had placed in the hatch had not been lifted (£240) and I have lifted it with my receipts and lodgement book.

Should I be good ?......Would you ?

keep it m8..................ripoff the ripoff merchants

Wow what a mistake by the teller, they usually count it twice, if you have a receipt to say it was lodged then it was lodged. Just check with ATM statement but its hard to say what I would do if in that position myself, some people say things but when it happens to them they do the oposite.....I reckon I would have kept it.

Wow what a mistake by the teller, they usually count it twice, if you have a receipt to say it was lodged then it was lodged. Just check with ATM statement but its hard to say what I would do if in that position myself, some people say things but when it happens to them they do the oposite.....I reckon I would have kept it.

I know mate I was amazed myself lol, but defo the money I put down as it was 10 x £20 notes + 4 x £10 notes.... the only tenners I had.

And got a nice crisp receipt lol

Similar thing happened to me about 14yrs ago, got up in the morning and someone had put a wallet through my door with £400 in it lol I reckon someone had dropped it outside my door ?... I asked every body and even put a sign up in my window but was forced to keep it :)

Do you think they can would ask for it back ?... think it would take me to admit it would it not ?

I can't see how they possibly can ask for it back, unless they have cctv above every hatch to show they didnt take the money by mistake.

That is why we have receipts, they are your proof.....their mistake tough titty on them.

Do you think they can would ask for it back ?... think it would take me to admit it would it not ?

they may do m8.............£240 down at the end of the day might point directly to you.........................just keep hold of the money and see what happens

i know a couple of cash dispencers that went haywire paying out double the money than what you asked for..........................the bank didn't ask for the money back, they must havelot thousands

they may do m8.............£240 down at the end of the day might point directly to you

the opposite happened to me once.
I handed over a cloth bag with £3500 in mixed notes and coins at the defered checking window(that meant you didn't need to wait till they counted).
Any way the teller took the bag took my pay in slip and stamped my book

The next week my account was bouncing cheques and DD's all over the place. So on checking with the bank they told me that I hadn't paid any money in. I explained that I had paid in the £3500 and had a stamp in my pay in book to prove it.

Next thing the manager is on the phone explaining that they knew they were £3500 over but couldn't figure out where it came from (even though they had a pay in slip with my account number on it for the exact amount they were over lol).

So I wouldn't worry about them connecting you with a £240 shortfall m8....they ain't that bright.

the opposite happened to me once.
I handed over a cloth bag with £3500 in mixed notes and coins at the defered checking window(that meant you didn't need to wait till they counted).
Any way the teller took the bag took my pay in slip and stamped my book

The next week my account was bouncing cheques and DD's all over the place. So on checking with the bank they told me that I hadn't paid any money in. I explained that I had paid in the £3500 and had a stamp in my pay in book to prove it.

Next thing the manager is on the phone explaining that they knew they were £3500 over but couldn't figure out where it came from (even though they had a pay in slip with my account number on it for the exact amount they were over lol).

So I wouldn't worry about them connecting you with a £240 shortfall m8....they ain't that bright.

"If brains were dynamite they would not have enough to blow their nose" springs to mind lol

It's not the bank that gets hurt, it's the cashier. It's her/his till that will be short and will take the rap.

I left my wallet on a post office counter once with cash to pay for fortnights car hire.
When I retraced my steps to the post office, the cashier luckily had it.

I kind of feel the same .Its a nice result after the banks screwing us over for years but its the cashier that will get it in the neck for this . so i don't know what i would have done

I am just going to mention my post 2 again.

if the shoe was on the other foot here and the back had lost your 240 you would be bleeting your eyes out here! Complaining the bank had"lost" your money!

I am just going to mention my post 2 again.

if the shoe was on the other foot here and the back had lost your 240 you would be bleeting your eyes out here! Complaining the bank had"lost" your money!

he'd have a receipt to say he paid it in.
do they have a receipt to say he took it back again?

he'd have a receipt to say he paid it in.
do they have a receipt to say he took it back again?

Like your way of thinking V14 lol

@Mairyhinge, I put money in the bank some years ago and it never registered and because I did not have a receipt I could do bubkiss, so I aint feeling to guilty TBH

PS, would the teller get it in the neck if she was money over ?

when working in the bank, the tellers arent allowed to have any money on them, and they agree, as part of their working conditions that in the event of a till being down, that they can be searched

the teller has by now already been searched, and found to not have the money, so its now down to the bank system to work out where its gone

you can prove you paid it in, the teller has proved they dont have it either

id buy a netbook with it lol

Back