Set up a 4k Firestick for a mate.

Can't find it in the Mag box, it's goosed. The provider is being a twat. I have contacted him through email and his Telegram page. After explaining what I need he just replied "ok".
No further forward!! It's obvious that English isn't his 1st language but I still expect a better response. Will see what today brings.

Just remembered, this is a new provider and therefore has never been entered into the Mag box anyway.
Ahh right maybe he does not allow mac accounts a lot dont know, if not he should be able to give you his hard coded app but then you need user and pass.

Ahh right maybe he does not allow mac accounts a lot dont know, if not he should be able to give you his hard coded app but then you need user and pass.
That's what I asked him for Ferret, his app. Barely got a reply.
I have his portal address, could I use that in stbemu using the mac address of the Mag, he has that on his server

So as Joe Noodles said mate is there no Mac address under the mag box on a label strange if not.
Of course there is. Think we have something muddled here.
I gave the mac address to the provider. He gave me a portal address. Can't enter it to the Mag cos it's goosed. Asked the provider to swop the sub over to a Firestick and give me a link to his app.
That is where I am at the moment and not getting anything real back from him.

Is the url mentioned the same as the Portal address? If so I'll go ahead and get stbemu

Of course there is. Think we have something muddled here.
I gave the mac address to the provider. He gave me a portal address. Can't enter it to the Mag cos it's goosed. Asked the provider to swop the sub over to a Firestick and give me a link to his app.
That is where I am at the moment and not getting anything real back from him.

Is the url mentioned the same as the Portal address? If so I'll go ahead and get stbemu
I’m sure you just add the MAC address and the portal url info STBEMU app and bobs you uncle.

@chookey You could also try ask the supplier if he supplies M3U on his service and see he comes back to you with a reply.

@chookey You also try ask the supplier if he supplies M3U on his service and see he comes back to you with a reply.
Struggling to get any reply from him. He has his own app. Asked him for a link but still waiting. I've posted this problem on the forum where he advertises so expect some sort of reply from him today. Not the only one who isn't happy with his lack of support either.

All you need is the portal address http://whatever and the Mac for StbEmu which you can change in the app
I'll perhaps try it later. Just looked at some reviews and noticed there were problems with updates breaking it. I want to do it for my mate but want it trouble free. Hopefully the provider will be embarrassed into sorting me out with the app.

That's what I asked him for Ferret, his app. Barely got a reply.
I have his portal address, could I use that in stbemu using the mac address of the Mag, he has that on his server
Yes mate.

As you probably know STBEMU allow you to enter any MAC address so youll be good.

Yes mate.

As you probably know STBEMU allow you to enter any MAC address so youll be good.
I installed stbemu Pro. No mention of payment anywhere?
Set it up and is working but for how long?

The provider read my latest message at 12-45pm but still does not respond. I just want his app for 6 months so I can rest in peace. He certainly won't be getting a second subscription.

Just had a Telegram conversation with the provider. I'd sooner visit the Dentist.
Names removed.....

Me, [02.07.21 08:24]
Maybe today you will answer???? You took the money now provide the service

Him, [02.07.21 08:36]
Sir u have server

Him, [02.07.21 08:36]
On macadress

Him, [02.07.21 08:37]
Now u say Chang fire stick

But in Mac address working ok

I have ask my partner

Me, [02.07.21 08:37]
Only because I have installed stbemu on a firestick. His Mag is broken. I simply asked you to swop his sub from the Mag to the Firestick

Him, [02.07.21 08:38]
It's good

Me, [02.07.21 08:38]
what's good?

Him, [02.07.21 08:38]
Sbt

Me, [02.07.21 08:39]
Why don't you just give me your app for the Firestick?

Him, [02.07.21 08:39]
Bro I m not owner of servers

Him, [02.07.21 08:39]
I m resale

Me, [02.07.21 08:41]
The quality is good but THE SUPPORT IS CRAP MATE. tOOK YOU 2 DAYS TO TELL ME YOU CAN'T HELP

Me, [02.07.21 08:41]
Sorry about the caps

Him, [02.07.21 08:42]
I sent msg to server owner

Him, [02.07.21 08:42]
He repaly then send you msg

Me, [02.07.21 08:42]
I'm worried that the user who is disabled may struggle with stbemu so I wanted to make it as easy as possible for him

Me, [02.07.21 08:43]
Ok thanks

Him, [02.07.21 08:43]
No

Bro

Hi line is actve

Then what problem

Me, [02.07.21 08:44]
Read what I wrote earlier about stbemu

Him, [02.07.21 08:44]
I msg to owner

Him, [02.07.21 08:44]
He replying then I give

Me, [02.07.21 08:46]
Please show him this conversation and the email I sent you as hopefully he will understand my problem as you obviously don't

Arrh the old Chinese dentist appointment 2.30.
I definitely don’t think he understands you and him being a reseller is not great tbh. He needs to ask the server owner to change the sub from MAC address to M3U sub or obtain the app for you. Personally I would rather have the M3U URL tbh as this can be used with many apps on the Firestick.

Arrh the old Chinese dentist appointment 2.30.
I definitely don’t think he understands you and him being a reseller is not great tbh. He needs to ask the server owner to change the sub from MAC address to M3U sub or obtain the app for you. Personally I would rather have the M3U URL tbh as this can be used with many apps on the Firestick.
Was pulling my hair out avid, well trying to 😂
He said he would ask the owner and get back to me but I think I will just accept defeat. There is no way the owner will be able to make any sense of what this guy tells him. The Firestick is working and my mate wants his tv choice so I want to get it to him as soon as possible.

The problem with resellers is their panel, most can not change from a Mac account to a user and password account without it costing them another credit.

So basically you could end up stuck with the Mac account but as your mate had a mag box and stbemu been more or less the same i would of thought once stb emu is set up he wouldn't noticed much difference apart from starting it.

The problem with resellers is their panel, most can not change from a Mac account to a user and password account without it costing them another credit.

So basically you could end up stuck with the Mac account but as your mate had a mag box and stbemu been more or less the same i would of thought once stb emu is set up he wouldn't noticed much difference apart from starting it.
The concern I had was that he's had 2 strokes and a bleed on the brain since then. He is definitely not the same man. At the moment I am just conversing with him by phone and his daughter brought his mag here.
I will have to try and explain to her how this works and she will pass it on to my mate.

I just wanted the easiest option. I've already accepted that this is the way it's going to be but I dread if he comes across a problem with it before his sub ends. I want no more useless dialogue with the reseller.

Video how it works and mail it to her or him.
Let her film procedure on her phone.
If it goes belly up before the 6 months is up, just write it off and get him another sub.
As ferret says they do not like to swap if from mac as it incurs the use of another credit on their behalf.

Back