Set up a 4k Firestick for a mate.

When I said he's back up and running I meant the Firestick I have set up the same as his was running. His daughter rang me today saying his still isn't working. I plugged this firestick back in and working fine. She read out the mac address which is displayed along with the stb blocked message and is the same as the one I entered in my firestick.
Think he has messed with something while he's been farting around with the remote.

I am going to take a trip to see him tomorrow and I'll swop the sticks over. Then, I'm done with it. o_O
It will be something stupid, it always is ;)

With computers I used to find that it was often an IDtenT error

The stick is the easiest device on the market to setup with all the videos available on the tube.

The stick is the easiest device on the market to setup with all the videos available on the tube.
I would have to disagree with you there. A standard stock Android box is way easier than a Firestick imho.

The correct way is to spell the word TEN in place of the numerals.

Sometimes it is better to say nothing and to be thought a fool rather than to say something and prove it janobi

The correct way is to spell the word TEN in place of the numerals.

Sometimes it is better to say nothing and to be thought a fool rather than to say something and prove it janobi

Oh we're speaking in proverbs. I like proverbs.

"It is easy for the wise man to act the fool, but impossible for the fool to act the wise man".

"Only 2 things are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and im not sure about the former."

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
Code:

Well I went to my mate's place, some 4/5 miles away to swop these Firesticks over. I'm still in a state of shock. Barely recognised him. Piled the weight on, in a state of semi undress, in need of a shave. His mobility is almost non existent.
There was a smell in his flat I would associate with someone 20/30 years older than him. It is essentially a large old folks residence. I thought life had dealt me a bad hand but I'm quite sure he would gladly swop with me in an instant.

I'm ashamed to say that I was quite relieved when 2 male carers from the National Stroke Service? showed up to tend to him. This gave me my excuse to leave. Truly heartbreaking.

On my return I checked everything out in STBemu and nothing had been altered. Completely beyond me why it would work here but not at his. It will have to remain as one of life's mysteries as I have now deregistered it and set it up on my account.

Did you get to work there? If no then they are blocking it and may need a VPN

It's working now Joe. Just stopped working on the other one with the exact same credentials.
Will need a vpn i should think and better off with a build in vpn into the providers app if possible. Shame about your pal and life can be very cruel at times.

Sorry to hear about your pals condition Chookey. I hope with time his condition will improve and hopefully he can get back to some normality. 🙏
I had pal in his early forty’s who had a bleeed on the brain about twelve years ago and was left unable to walk or talk. Today he is back working and the only thing you notice is his speech is a bit slurred.

Oh we're speaking in proverbs. I like proverbs.

"It is easy for the wise man to act the fool, but impossible for the fool to act the wise man".

"Only 2 things are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and im not sure about the former."

Code:
Code:
You appear to fulfil the requirements to fit the later in my phrase and in both of yours admirably.
When you find yourself in a hole it is usually better to stop digging.

If you wrote on a bill that you had fixed an ID1OT error I think you would quickly lose customers, whereas if you wrote that it was an IDtenT error then they would be no wiser than you appear to be so would come back again if they had any future problems.

There are more than one way to use that term, with or without spaces, hyphens or numerals, so if you prefer to use yours please carry on, in the meantime I will use the term I prefer, as this person and many more have done:

ID ten T error!! in The AnswerBank: Computers

I am sorry if janobi has messed up your rather more serious thread with his or her juvenile and immature silliness chookey and I too feel sorry for your friend.

You appear to fulfil the requirements to fit the later in my phrase and in both of yours admirably.
When you find yourself in a hole it is usually better to stop digging.

If you wrote on a bill that you had fixed an ID1OT error I think you would quickly lose customers, whereas if you wrote that it was an IDtenT error then they would be no wiser than you appear to be so would come back again if they had any future problems.

There are more than one way to use that term, with or without spaces, hyphens or numerals, so if you prefer to use yours please carry on, in the meantime I will use the term I prefer, as this person and many more have done:

ID ten T error!! in The AnswerBank: Computers

I am sorry if janobi has messed up your rather more serious thread with his or her juvenile and immature silliness chookey and I too feel sorry for your friend.
Thiny veiled attempt at passive aggressiveness ;)

You must still be upset that we all called you out on another thread.

I have used this site many times to generate names for Amazon Accounts, including credit card details when setting up KODI on Firesticks for friends.

Fakename

Are there any specific settings to use?
I have tried several times and they all come back with following on Amazon:

There was a problem​

• Internal Error. Please try again later.

I haven't used it for a bit but I select the UK as the country if I am creating an Amazon.co.uk account. are you using the same country as the Amazon account you are setting up ?

Back