service+

Can you elaborate on how exactly you got it working so other people can benefit from your experience please :)

I posted the latest software for the 5000 SD in post #196 in this thread, here is a copy of a PM I received from member tatm.

"Good news, the new one is working fine and can get supersports ect many thanks for your help now just got to wait till tring is back on lol was hoping to watch footy tomarrow but never mind
regards"

I posted the latest software for the 5000 SD in post #196 in this thread, here is a copy of a PM I received from member tatm.

"Good news, the new one is working fine and can get supersports ect many thanks for your help now just got to wait till tring is back on lol was hoping to watch footy tomarrow but never mind
regards"

Well all I can say then m8 is well done you have been a great help to the spiderbox members on here this last few days :Clap:

With Service+ going down for now, quite a lot of members were asking questions about ways to get back some of what we have lost and I'm only too glad to help.
I'm pleased that it is now back (on 16E only for now) as there are some good channels on that satellite a good mix of viewing.
To be honest now I'm retired I have a bit more spare time on my hands so I have been posting a bit more frequently than before.
As I have both the 5000SD and the 9000HD combo I can help with both receivers.
Bulsat channels on 39E changed keys today, as soon as I can get new keys I will make a softkey and post it.

it was thor and i found usals as a bit hard to use as the disceq 2.1 was better and it was done by a pro shop who charged me 90 quid he also showed me how to fine tune my dish which i can do

Brin

it was thor and i found usals as a bit hard to use as the disceq 2.1 was better and it was done by a pro shop who charged me 90 quid he also showed me how to fine tune my dish which i can do

Brin

Ask him to redo it and Amos 4W is the satellite to use from your location (and he should do it free of charge) , where I am 0.2w then yes Thor is the "highest" but where you are 2.9W (well 3.0W really) then Amos is you "highest" so that is the one I would use as a reference.

As I've posted before* you use the highest satellite from YOUR location to allow the greatest symmetrical east west movement of your dish, obstructions in the signal path excluded.

*Brin this is for other members I know you well understand this point.

Ask him to redo it and Amos 4W is the satellite to use from your location (and he should do it free of charge) , where I am 0.2w then yes Thor is the "highest" but where you are 2.9W (well 3.0W really) then Amos is you "highest" so that is the one I would use as a reference.

As I've posted before* you use the highest satellite from YOUR location to allow the greatest symmetrical east west movement of your dish, obstructions in the signal path excluded.

*Brin this is for other members I know you well understand this point.

George ive sorted it everything absolutely bang on

Once again youve surpassed yaself

Thx

Brin

George ive sorted it everything absolutely bang on

Once again youve surpassed yaself

Thx

Brin

Ok good to know, if you can get a reasonable signal from Amos 4W then there is some good HD and 3D over 18 material on that satellite using a line.
On Atlantic Brid3 5W there are some good movie channels.
I think you have my channel list and these channels will be in it, use the sat key to navigate.
Happy viewing.

Anyone any idea if Service+ will ever come back again? Seems to have gone dead again for weeks now, after just a few channels returned on 16E.

Cheers.

I don't think anyone knows for sure (I'm not using it so I can only assume it only has the one package mentioned at the moment).

Gut feeling is that it will be back in some shape or form. There are updates on A**** forum but they are few and far between and the latest one states that things are taking longer than anticipated.

For the time being check out Jimihendrix and manic01's useful posts or just use softcams if you are happy using those methods.

Thanks.

I have no experience of softcams so have no idea how to use them.

Service+ was so simple and quite stable, without any updating etc.

Hope it comes back soon.

Cheers.

Barry

Ps.

If Jimmihendrix is reading this, I wonder if he could point me to a post that shows simpletons like me how to use softcams? :)

Thanks again.

Barry.

Get key from softcam sticky
Unzip with xp or pc that has fat32
Copy key to USB stick
Plug into Box
Select Menu USB
Choose key
Press OK
Done

Just read the post and replies, just one thing is, the first time before you transfer the keys reset the keys. Go into key edit select Reset Key data press OK. Set UCAS to ON and UCAS Autoroll to on then flash the keys as in the above posts.

Another update

==========================================================
Boxer26
Developer member

We hope to have some more channels on Thor/Intelsat at 0.8W working in a few hours.
We are working hard, and conditions are difficult.
Please check the satellite later.

Edit:
We may try something on Hotbird and/or Astra also.

==========================================================

hope i haven't broken any rules by putting this here...

Oops!

About ten minutes too late i read this.

I have already flashed the key file but didn't do any resetting. I loaded the key file in then set UCOS etc to 'ON' and that's as far as I have got. Was going zap around see what's new.

But do I need to reset it again and do it all over again?

Cheers for help.

barry.

Oops!

About ten minutes too late i read this.

I have already flashed the key file but didn't do any resetting. I loaded the key file in then set UCOS etc to 'ON' and that's as far as I have got. Was going zap around see what's new.

But do I need to reset it again and do it all over again?

Cheers for help.

barry.

If it works it works don't worry about it check out 39e Axn SC FI/Crime/Private Spice/Hustler to confirm it's working. On Sirius 5e check out Hustler PB/PG any working proves the softkey is working.
If not then simply reset the key data and flash again about 1 minute to do the lot.

Thanks a lot.

I have checked PB/PG on Sirius and that's on fine.

So seems it is Ok then.

Great. Will have a look round. Also good news just now about Service+ too.

All the best.

Barry.

Back