• Scotland Win

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Italy Win

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As a neutral I could never have guessed that England have the supposed better players. The England footy team are dire to watch compared to the Scots. There just is no commitment from the English players, they really could learn a lot from the Scottish.

I used to rate the crowd but then I heard the Scottish crowd. I'll probably get slated for saying this but the Scottish players and fans seem to have more passion than the English players and fans. The noise the crowd made was unbelievable

Well done Scotland for putting up such a good fight, all the neutrals love watching you guys battle against the supposed big boys of football.

I think us Scots can be rightly proud of our efforts during the entire campaign. We were seeded 4th in that group and came within a baw hair of making it. What a ride it was though. And we keep up our record of glorious failures! (West Germany, Argentina, Spain, Mexico etc etc) Roll on the world cup qualifying and a seeding in the second group. On second thoughts, shit, don't we do better as underdogs.
On another point watched the game in a pub in Cheltenham at the weekend. The split in the pub was about 80% English and 20% Scottish. Of them the vast majority wanted us to do it and the only morons were a group of about 5 who chanted and cheered for Italy just to wind us up. The decent English fans told us to ignore them and a few dirty looks got rid of them.
Rest of English guys were brand new. Had a great laugh with them. I know if the roles were reversed pubs up here would be biased against England so big up to you guys :respect: and for your sake, good luck against Croatia. :FLAG:"flag12"

I sincerely hope the Italians win. I'm sure they will as they are only playing Scotland. I can't believe the Jocks think they can beat them. Laughable.

Laughable is it? we played them off the feckin park!!
unscramble these words to make a popular Scottish phrase.
you right get up it
i dont think id be allowed to put "tosser" into that
(another edit) the term "jocks" could be construed as racist.

Don't suppose you know what the Croatian for you right get up it tosser you is by any chance?

As said in other posts i wont stand about and have people laugh at my nations faults when their own are far more serious!

where did that post go about bitterness and a poor attitude go from some scottish fans I wonder...

where did that post go about bitterness and a poor attitude go from some scottish fans I wonder...

Why are you asking me when it was an Englishman who started laughing at Scotland only minutes after Scotland got put out?

The post about bitterness and poor attitude is probably safely hidden away with Mariner!

Why are you asking me when it was an Englishman who started laughing at Scotland only minutes after Scotland got put out?
The post about bitterness and poor attitude is probably safely hidden away with Mariner!

Yes yes, your quite right.

how silly of me to have even brought it up.

Yes yes, your quite right.
how silly of me to have even brought it up.

Yes it was really. As i didnt see you saying anything to Mariner when he started. Maybe thats just cause you like to ruffle feathers.

Last edited:
yes of course - so correct.
Maybe you should write a sternly worded pm to him pointing out his errors in a constructive manner?

I sincerely hope the Italians win. I'm sure they will as they are only playing Scotland. I can't believe the Jocks think they can beat them. Laughable.

P.S. The only thing that could cheer me up even slightly is if Scotland fail to qualify too. I couldn't stomach watching the Jocks next summer. USA 94 nearly killed me, all my countrymen supporting Ireland was horrible.

Are we still laughin chaps? Parity is restored.

Where were your witty responses to Mariner when he started this pish then? You seem to have such a problem when im saying stuff back to him.

never saw them, in fact by the time I did others had already reprimanded him.

I find it odd you got upset over this - then decided to try a similar trick yourself. I think I have made some posts here saying england fans shouldnt have a laugh at scotlands expense?

There has been tremendous support for scotland on this board from all the home nations. Strange how your the only one that wants to carry it on in public. If you have a problem with the things he said, take it up with him.

While you do that, we can all go watch the footie.

never saw them, in fact by the time I did others had already reprimanded him.
I find it odd you got upset over this - then decided to try a similar trick yourself. I think I have made some posts here saying england fans shouldnt have a laugh at scotlands expense?
There has been tremendous support for scotland on this board from all the home nations. Strange how your the only one that wants to carry it on in public. If you have a problem with the things he said, take it up with him.
While you do that, we can all go watch the footie.

I fail to see how a post on a forum stops you watching your TV? could you maybe explain better please? Some of us people who arent as smart as you dont always understand your oh so intelligent posts.

As far as im aware at no point did i say Karym6 please respond to my post that i have posted in reply to mariner, oh please oh please!

Also i dont need to be told by some random on the forum when and where to PM members. If there is something wrong with the response i have given Mariner then i will be more than happy to accept the advice or warning given to me by a mod or admin. As far as i was aware the forum was to post in not to arrange PM meeting?

Also if im being 100% honest im having some friendly banter between mariner, its all a bit of fun. I wasnt laughing when England got put out, i couldnt care less it made no difference to me as a Scot. And no, before you ask im not going to sit and support England just as i wouldnt sit and support Celtic.

Your main aim in this forum is to annoy people and you do a bloody good job, so well done.

so sorry to have upset you ice, no idea you were so touchy.

If you didnt want a response why post? Unless I am not allowed to post?

I dont understand why you are wound up over this - I pointed out that there has been a whole bunch of people from all over the UK expressing support for the scotland team and the odd person who has had negative things to say have been dressed down.

I dont understand how someone can complain about other corwing over scotlands defeat can then go on to make similar posts when other nations get beat (in this instance england).

You should be looking forward, not back.

so sorry to have upset you ice, no idea you were so touchy.
If you didnt want a response why post? Unless I am not allowed to post?
I dont understand why you are wound up over this - I pointed out that there has been a whole bunch of people from all over the UK expressing support for the scotland team and the odd person who has had negative things to say have been dressed down.
I dont understand how someone can complain about other corwing over scotlands defeat can then go on to make similar posts when other nations get beat (in this instance england).
You should be looking forward, not back.
Im realy surprised at you m8. you are living in Scotland and you cant see why ice is a bit touchy when his national side is laughed at. You must walk about Edinburgh with your eyes shut old bean.

I enjoy your posts m8 if nothing else they usually get people posting. I am more than happy for anyone to post all i was saying is you want me to stop posting and have a PM conversation with Mariner when all we are doing is having some friendly banter between rival sporting nations.

I interpreted your other point (still not sure of any other sensible way to interpret it) as my posts were stopping people watching the football? Or at least interfering with their football watching ability.

I have not got a problem with what Mariner posted however i will not let him say it without defending my country. As a bit of fun, and fun only, i gave him a taste of his own medicine. As im sure most people would have done and did do if you read back through the posts.

This was no different to a Rangers & Celtic thread or Man Utd & Chelsea or Arsenal thread. Is all just a bit of fun. I seriously cant see why you have such a problem with me brigining up something Mariner said only 4 days ago thats now put the shoe on the other foot.

guys - I have lived an worked in Edinburgh for almost 10 years now. I get a lot of stick for being english from the scots I know.

Thing is, when I see scotland fans they laugh at themselves when things dont go their way. England fans tend to keep their heads down here, but then again the british are in a slight minority in Edinburgh :)

Ice, I thought you were having a pop at mariner, which is fair enough - I just didnt get the point in carrying on now after so long. Especially when others had already told him off for such a poor attitude (me included)

My other post wasnt about you preventing people watching football, but instead you worrying about what happend in the past when people should be looking forward.

And personally,I get satisfaction when spurs do well - when england do well its pride. So for me club football is different to national footbal. But then again I get told daily that I am not allowed to be proud of england doing well by default :)

Ian, yes I can understand why the scots can get upset about them losing and with people having a bad attitude - I just thought there was a bona fide barney going on.

I know Edinburgh is quite cosmopolatin but i dont think Brits are in the minority. Most foreigners are tourist not resident. But hey thats got nothing to do with this thread lol.

Back