• Im not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
In light of what has happened with that Russian skater i am curious to know what yer thoughts on doping is.

I think they should just create a doping games.

Here are my pros and cons on it.

Pros
  1. Most are doping now anyway and are getting away with it
  2. It will lead to serious progress with medical research as anything to do with sport in general is so lucrative.
  3. It wont just be the best person wins anymore it will be a combination of best athlete and drug. This may level up the playing field. We already have a similar aspect in many other sports such as F1, horse racing etc..

Cons
  1. Health of athletes.
  2. Reduced interest in non doping versions of sport.
  3. Some sports with doping is too risky. e.g boxing.
  4. Larger countries with better finance will probably dominate.

If ye think of anything else please let me know.

Doping is allowed, being caught isn't allowed.

This is nothing new, and all sports people will use "supplements" to get enhanced performances. Whether that be drugs, or technology or some other form to get an advantage.

It becomes a problem, when countries care more about winning some stupid medal at a flawed games, than they do about their people. China/Russia hell both of those are cheating their way to gold medals, and have done for many years. British cycling, you don't go from nowhere in the TDF, to winning it virtually every year, without cheating.

The 50 fastest 100m times ever, of those only 15 have ever been run by an athelete that wasn't found to be using performance enhancing drugs, those 15 times were all set by Usain Bolt.

Doping is a sport in its self. They are competing against the testers to find new ways of evading detection.
The Russians are prime suspects for it because winning in sport is everything to them and will do anything they can to win. For me I think it’s wrong and winning with drugs would play with my conscience knowing that I had not one fairly.
But it comes down to money at the end of the day as winners make more money so they take the risk and just live with the shame if they get caught.

We're at the stage we're governing bodies aren't quite sure what to and what not to ban.
Some cold remedies contain ban substances but you can happily walk into Boots and buy them.
Then there's certain things in shakes and protein bars and drinks they can't take but My Protein happily sell them to Joe public.

It's like bringing certain herbs from Holland. Is it herbal or is it a strain of cannabis come spice ?.

Right now if you take it and the governing body of that sport doesn't know of it (it's new) then it's going to get banned.

So is it cheating or gaining an advantage ?.
When Pantani took on Armstong up Mount Ventoux in 2000 Armstrong was classed as a cheat for doping steroids blood transfusions but most forgot that Pantani took enough beek to kill a cow and was probably going up it with half of Colombia up his sniffer.

So was it evens or cheating ? Considering at the time it's reported that 2 thirds of all cyclist took some kind of enhancing product so it's hard to say either way.
We should have the Steroid Games and blow all these world records away !!

Back