• Scotland Win

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Italy Win

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Your lack of football knowledge is showing now. We have good young players throughout the team. We know Italy are a better team than us so we played 5 in midfield to try and win the midfield battle and also give our defenders extra cover if needed. WE WERE PLAYING THE FUCKING WORLD CHAMPIONS REMEMBER!
SO if you play 5 in midfield and a goalkeeper you can either play 1 upfront and 4 in defence or 2 upfront and 3 in defence? Agreed?
Seems like the sensible option to play 1 upfront and allow our midfielders to try and attack when possible.
And what has a young team got to do with playing one up front?

oh yes, i forgot about that - how silly i am. Lets fall back and say "they were the world champions and thats why they won".

Seriously, you were not impressed by the performance last night of a young an inexperienced team who have taken scotland from 65th to 13th against a very experienced team who also happen to be the world champions? Like I said before, who cares if they won this one? It looks like if thy keep this up, the UK is going to have 2 top 10 teams

Not laughing but extremely proud of the way our players have played in this qualifying as a whole, not to mention that fact that we were better than Italy tonight and should have beat them. We exit the qualifying rounds as a massively improved footballing nation with a great young team all willing to fight for each other and their country.
On the otherhand we have England, a group of pansies who think they are all the best players in the world. You have sh1te players and a sh1te manager and id 100000000000000000000000000000000% rather exit the way Scotland have than qualify the way and with the poofy performances England have had.
As usual Scotland get a raw deal and England get all the fucking luck. In the group England were in i could have shat out something that would top the group, so yeah you should be over the moon with qualifying.
Oh my, do I smell bitterness?
FFS, I bet your the type who would be on here now gloating and mouthing off if England went out and you qualified.
Most of England are behind the other nations 100%, BUT when it comes down to Scotland you lot always want England to fail!!!!!!
Why oh why? XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
I am not speaking for all Scottish footbal fans, but in general a lot of them want England to fail, and I know because I used to work in Scotland (Glasgow to be precise) and was working there during Euro 2000.
Your attitude stinks mate and I hope you suffer more and more and England go on to win this fing tournamant""""
COME ON ENGLAND, SHOVE IT UP THEM!!!!
P.S.
I was shouting for you lot yesterday but after seeing your post I now have a smile the size of foooking Scotland!!!!
COME ON ENGLAND!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was extremely proud of the team last night and throughout the whole competition. Yes it should be remembered how well they did against Italy, France and Ukraine. And no i dont think they won because of Italy being world champions i think they won because of a ridiculous decision that turned a Scotland assault into an Italy freekick.

Thats football tho, and it will be interesting to see what happens in the World cup qualifying when we are 2nd seeds.

Right this is getting personal and it won't be tolerated, a bit of banter if fine but any more personal abuse and there will be a few Christmas holidays handed out

i dont know how scotland could reach 2nd by then, but if they keep this up they will be at least 9th. Which can only be good for them.

And when they reach the 2010 finals I will support them along with all the other home nations that make it (untill they play england, naturally).

As for digicol post, thats a little over the top - there are many scots who would like to wish england, wales and ni luck. But there is a touch of bitterness about this match in particular for a lot of scottish people this weekend.

Right this is getting personal and it won't be tolerated, a bit of banter if fine but any more personal abuse and there will be a few Christmas holidays handed out

The abuse was fine for me m8 doesnt bother me in the slightest.

Just wondering what exact part of my attitude that stinks? Is it the bit where i stick up for my team or the bit when i say whats been said by countless other English people in other threads? Quite interested in a reply Digicol?

i dont know how scotland could reach 2nd by then, but if they keep this up they will be at least 9th. Which can only be good for them.
And when they reach the 2010 finals I will support them along with all the other home nations that make it (untill they play england, naturally).
As for digicol post, thats a little over the top - there are many scots who would like to wish england, wales and ni luck. But there is a touch of bitterness about this match in particular for a lot of scottish people this weekend.

I wrote 2nd seeds not 2nd so we will in theory have only one better team in the group than us instead of 3.

so you did, i stand corrected.

well, by then and witha little luck things should have improved for scotland. Heres hoping.

really proud of the boys

no1 gave us a chance and we almost pulled it off

only if we got that penalty in georgia things could have been so so different yesterday

LETS LOOK THE FUTURE

craig gordon - one of the best gk's in uk just now, and great back up in mcgregor and marshall

defence -

huttons is playing out his skin and at 22 hes gonna be a star, mcmanus a strong leader and future captain, just needs a new partner as weirs too old now

midfield -

brown,fletcher,mcfadden young and still growing and will be better come the world cup

fwd
boyd - possibly the best finisher in uk

alot of talent in scotland just now, and not a great deal of foreign imports has seen players break through and more will do so

the futures looking bright ROLL ON THE WORLD CUP

WELL DONE SCOTLAND, WE MAY BE OUT BUT THE TARTAN ARMYS BEHIND YOU

On the otherhand we have England, a group of pansies who think they are all the best players in the world. You have sh1te players

Soz mate, but that to me is a bitter reaction, I would love to know where any England fan says we have shite players, we have some great players, in fact we have some of the best lpayers in the world. On the whole we do not perform as we should, but I said the reason behind that in another thread a few weeks ago.

The reason for my outburst was becasue you are taking your frustration out on us english which is uncalled for, you are clearly bitter at the fact we could go through and I admit we do not desreve it, but I also admit I am truely gutted deep down that you lot were robbed!!!

And it is true that a lot of Scottish want england to fail, I will not take that back, but I did say in my post not all Scottish football fans are against us as some like to see us do well also.

At the end of the day it is human nature, football is a huge rivalry between nations and cities. It brings good banter and debate and I am sorry if I made this one personal, I am not a nasty person, I just say it the way it is. It may sound nasty on the screen but overall it is banter and I was smiling all the way through it, just like pub banter, I would have said it the same way in person, only in person you can see an expression.

Oh and I still have a huge grin.

Come on England!!

england have some great players, but many are over hyped and average

terry,gerrard,owen and more are great players

media dosnt help england as a nation, as they claim england are gonna win everything

if england players only thought for there country as they do there club teams , we wouldnt be having this silly argument

I over reacted with that statement and what i should have said is you have great players who dont perform when wearing an England strip.

The reason i mentioned England at all was because in a thread called Scotland v Italy we had "mariner" slating our national football team and saying we were crap and hope we got beat.

Now if a thread about England started up i wouldnt come in and say oh i hope youz get beat, if thats how i felt i would just keep quiet.

However there is nothing wrong with him saying it all i was doing was sticking up for my nation and telling him he might be better looking at his own nations faults before picking out ours.

I never saw the game, had friends over frm Aus land so had an evening with them. But how the heck can a person (Mariner) say you lot are crap?

Does he know what he is talking about? You lot have perfomred heroics in this qualifier and that is off the back of Berti Voughts (or whatever you call him) dreadfull reign!!!
To come back from the lowest of lows which in reality is where the Scottish footballing national side were at when he was in charge, and do what you have done is nothing short of a miracle.

As I have continued to say, I love to see all the UK nations do well and am gutted you will not be there. Just look back at France, the streets were blue, blue, blue a massive swarm of blue tartan (if that makes sense) and it was an awesome sight, football needs that kind of support, no other nation in the world could match those sights. (Well it did it for me anyway, took my breath away, especially as it was in a foreign country!!!!). I know Brazil can throw one huge celebration but that is on home soil, lets see tham match that one on foreign soil!!!

P.S.
Still got a huge gron. :)

Last edited:
That's my recovered enough to post a decent reply (I hope!)
I couldn't believe some of the folk at Hampden yesterday, "Typical Scotland F'ing pish £30 for a ticket and we got beat" was just one of the comments which disgusted me. That's why it was so hard to get a ticket when you have these self proclaimed "Fans"

When the draw was made who wouldn't have took 3rd place in the group? If someone had said to me you wont qualify but you will finish 3rd i would have bit their hand off. We beat the runners up in the world cup TWICE, we beat the quarter finalists at home and we Took Italy right to the end yesterday, it could have went either way.

Now, on to yesterday! The atmosphere was electric, I've not seen any replays of the big decisions yet but they don't matter now anyway. Lost my phone but thankfully someone found it and phoned me this morning so i'm chuffed about that.

Atmosphere was electric so unlucky never a free kick at the end but then again fergies goal looked off side to me still not seen it on the tv.Im so proud of what we achieved lets look forward to the world cup qualifiers now I was crying like a baby at the end.

You guys showed a lot of passion but just wasn't good enough, you had horrible nervous start but you held your own, some decisions went your way, your goal was offside but the freekick Italy got was a joke, a draw would have been fair but shit happens.

I know theys been a lot of comparisons between England and Scotland, and most of it is all good banter, England have got by far the better squad although they haven't been showing they potential and thats the managers fault. Ive read ppl sayin if the groups were swoped Scotland would of easy qualified i personally think thats bollocks. Israel bailed us out, alot of English fans are disheartened by the way we might be going through and im disapointted, but just like all your papers were saying before Italy match "just win", ill tek anything even if doesnt look pretty i want to be cheering on my nation at the tournament and have something to luck forward too. We have needed a bit of luck so many times we have been robbed in major tournaments. Hopefully well get points wednesday night, re-coup get new manager in and show what we are all about at the tournament.

Really unlucky, a mate of mine phoned me from the pub he was in when they were singing the National Anthem and it sounded electric. Shame about the result on the second half display I thought Scotland deserved a draw and possibly the win. Free kick was a complete balls up by the referee at the end. I was hoping to have Scotland to cheer in the Euro's given that Ireland have gone to the dogs

You guys showed a lot of passion but just wasn't good enough, you had horrible nervous start but you held your own, some decisions went your way, your goal was offside but the freekick Italy got was a joke, a draw would have been fair but shit happens.
I know theys been a lot of comparisons between England and Scotland, and most of it is all good banter, England have got by far the better squad although they haven't been showing they potential and thats the managers fault. Ive read ppl sayin if the groups were swoped Scotland would of easy qualified i personally think thats bollocks. Israel bailed us out, alot of English fans are disheartened by the way we might be going through and im disapointted, but just like all your papers were saying before Italy match "just win", ill tek anything even if doesnt look pretty i want to be cheering on my nation at the tournament and have something to luck forward too. We have needed a bit of luck so many times we have been robbed in major tournaments. Hopefully well get points wednesday night, re-coup get new manager in and show what we are all about at the tournament.

Actually our goal was not off side when McCulloch hits the ball Ferguson is in line with the last defender therefore onside run it back in slow mo you will see he was on. However their goal was onside and should have stood but before that it was a stonewall penalty as the italian mioved his body including arm into the way of the ball. So that levelled out them not getting their goal. As for the final freekick that lead to their winner it was never a freekick however you still have to defend these situations whicgh we didnt.

As for England tomorrow I couldnt care less I only support Scotland. Dont give a flying fook about the other "home nations" Its like expecting an Arsenal fan to support Spurs in europe it just aint gonna happen.

And heres an interesting one

My brother in law is English and he hope to hell they lose on Wednesday to get rid of the muppet in charge and give the team a chance for the World Cup qualifiers coz as far as he is concerned McLaren is just an extention of Svens era and it taking the team backwards.

well don't want them to lose, if we finish second then we quite rightly deserve to go through. Im not big fan of the manager but i dont want to be like the scottish with nothing to do come the european championships, i want to be cheering on the lads.

well don't want them to lose, if we finish second then we quite rightly deserve to go through. Im not big fan of the manager but i dont want to be like the scottish with nothing to do come the european championships, i want to be cheering on the lads.
Indeed if they win or draw they deserve to go through as they will have enough points.
Just hope the cheering dont turn to jeering when McLaren fails to deliver again.

Back