S/W Version 4.014.1.UK4_P12A

edogg

Inactive User
Reaction score
Has any one seen this software version on a SA8300 because when i turned my box on this morning i got (r numbers counting down then clr, clp) the box then rebooted but my channels are ok

edogg

it seems the menu has changed as the hd channels are now on the main tv guide page

edogg

Has any one seen this software version on a SA8300 because when i turned my box on this morning i got (r numbers counting down then clr, clp) the box then rebooted but my channels are ok

edogg

Hi edogg,

You pinched them numbers off my SA8300 didn't you? LoL
That's the new software that is equivalent to the 3.7 on the other stbs ready for the new cards & Encryption :Cry: :sad: :Cry:

looks like s/brum next to go then

will have to play rock scissors to go virmin or sly

edogg

You should really of had that quite a while ago tbh. Rollout of UK4 software was supposed to be completed by mid Feb.

For pvr boxes, its supposed to be a lot more than a simple cam update. Lots of bug fixes, new menu's, new NGTV facilities (when its enabled) and a load of other stuff.

i dont think anything will change untill cards get sent out :)

lets hope they hit a few probs!! .it has all gone smooth 4 them so far ....surely they will have som de-bugging to do !!

lets hope they hit a few probs!! .it has all gone smooth 4 them so far ....surely they will have som de-bugging to do !!

Wishful thinking I suspect. Any debugging will of been done in the 12+ months that VM/Kudelski have already been working on this switchover.

What you've seen over the last couple of months isn't just a sudden whim. This has all been planned to the last detail for ages. Planning is the real reason that things have gone so smoothly !

Wishful thinking I suspect. Any debugging will of been done in the 12+ months that VM/Kudelski have already been working on this switchover.

What you've seen over the last couple of months isn't just a sudden whim. This has all been planned to the last detail for ages. Planning is the real reason that things have gone so smoothly !

i though they would hit a few probs in the test erea but it seems it all went smoothy ....(guttted) they seeem 2 b moving quite fast now ..& doing the pure ereas last,

Basically, they are saving the easiest till last !
As areas are switched over to N3 they are effectively routed onto TW streamdata. Thats partly why you tend to get channel-jumbles when the N3 switchover is about to occur.

TW, already having TW streamdata will probably be very fast to do. I can see that all TW areas will receive cards at the same time and switchover will then occur quickly. hhmmmm,

@geforcefx - If I was you I would give up talking about N3 -in post 8 you say you hope they hit some snags and surely they will have to do some debugging and then Nozzer puts you straight and you completely change your tune and inform us that they are saving the easy bit till until last!!

I just read the other N3 discussion thread and its pretty much the same - contradictions all the way through!!!

As said before if people are hoping there will be major problems then its wishful thinking imo, even VM aren't that stupid to spend all this money without making sure it works! And they wouldn't have rolled out as much as they have if there were major issues.

Just remember there hasn't been even a keyroll method change in around 14/15 months...why? Because it would have been a waste of money/time/effort and they were most likely playing with N3 making sure it works

@geforcefx - If I was you I would give up talking about N3 -in post 8 you say you hope they hit some snags and surely they will have to do some debugging and then Nozzer puts you straight and you completely change your tune and inform us that they are saving the easy bit till until last!!

I just read the other N3 discussion thread and its pretty much the same - contradictions all the way through!!!

m8 i dont understand what ur on about ...i was just talking 2 nozzer,, i cant belive u have the time to pick thro the post & find little faults ????? i did say i would hope they would hit snags ''yes ''' (HOPE) but they dident! .LIKE i said , & was only informing u what i know ...ok next time i will keep it to myself ........realry m8 come on' we havent time 4 all this petty stuff! its getting abit silly now

m8 i dont understand what ur on about ...i was just talking 2 nozzer,, i cant belive u have the time to pick thro the post & find little faults ????? i did say i would hope they would hit snags ''yes ''' (HOPE) but they dident! .LIKE i said , & was only informing u what i know ...ok next time i will keep it to myself ........realry m8 come on' we havent time 4 all this petty stuff! its getting abit silly now

Its not that Im really bothered either way - I was only commenting on the fact that your opinions seems to change like the weather!! I didnt need to pick through the posts at all - I just read them (im pretty sure thats what you are meant to do?).

I have no axe to grind with you - i just think its a bit silly commenting on N3 really - its not looking likely to be hacked anytime soon!! The reasons have been stressed many times - money mainly.....

No amount of wishing is going to get it done - and even if they hit snags the most it would do is delay the inevitable by a few weeks at the most!!

There are other options for tv anyway - satellite and that has cards available for some packages and c/s for the rest!!

No doubt cable c/s will also be available soon enough!!

i though they would hit a few probs in the test erea but it seems it all went smoothy ....(guttted) they seeem 2 b moving quite fast now ..& doing the pure ereas last,

Basically, they are saving the easiest till last !
As areas are switched over to N3 they are effectively routed onto TW streamdata. Thats partly why you tend to get channel-jumbles when the N3 switchover is about to occur.

TW, already having TW streamdata will probably be very fast to do. I can see that all TW areas will receive cards at the same time and switchover will then occur quickly. hhmmmm,

So how come that here in 5401 pure, on 3_7 software, and 1841 in the stream as well as 1800, (but with n3 not yet in place), dvbsnoop tells me that our new Channel Map and EPG system is courtesy of Cable and Wireless? TW users also on the same parameters report similar...

Cheers- AL :)

Its not that Im really bothered either way - I was only commenting on the fact that your opinions seems to change like the weather!! I didnt need to pick through the posts at all - I just read them (im pretty sure thats what you are meant to do?).

I have no axe to grind with you - i just think its a bit silly commenting on N3 really - its not looking likely to be hacked anytime soon!! The reasons have been stressed many times - money mainly.....

No amount of wishing is going to get it done - and even if they hit snags the most it would do is delay the inevitable by a few weeks at the most!!

There are other options for tv anyway - satellite and that has cards available for some packages and c/s for the rest!!

No doubt cable c/s will also be available soon enough!!

wat ever mate ..i havent got time 4 it all ...think what u wnat

So how come that here in 5401 pure, on 3_7 software, and 1841 in the stream as well as 1800, (but with n3 not yet in place), dvbsnoop tells me that our new Channel Map and EPG system is courtesy of Cable and Wireless? TW users also on the same parameters report similar...

Its just names. Check the new cards and you'll find they are all 5A (TW) identifiers even though the software to deal with that may say its CW. What the Channel Map/EPG says is irrelevant to a large extent (these can be area dependant to allow for regional variations). Its mostly about where the streams originate and, more importantly, which providers keysets they are using.

I suspect para's 2+3 of post #10 are infact a cut/paste job taken from another post slightly out of context.

Last edited:
Back