[Release] commando 7.5 - Revenge Of The Diff

Yes mate.........like most neebies I try to follow instructions to the letter until I get more understanding.

I copied over the bin, the keys and service files as my last posting........when Ive previous done a scan I even lose the channels names on the screen.

I use bruteforce scan is this the best one???

Sorry forgot this,

screen messages are:

Waiting for time

Can't decode

ERROR Channel not available - even on FTA

Check your signals going into the box. Press RED > BLUE on a FTA channel and check the SNR value. If this is below 55,000 your signal is too low. You will have to remove splitters or attenuators or get a signal booster. Try connecting the dbox to the main feed and check the SNR value again. If it's higher (nearer 62,000) then you know it's a signal problem.

m8 does this make sense to you

BER 3680
SNR 63484
SIG 62448
BITRATE 0

thanks for bearing with me

The BER is too high and the SIG may be a little high too.

Has this box ever worked? Could be a faulty tuner!

Can you plug an aerial lead into the RF-out at the back of the box then plug it into your TV? Try and tune your tv to get a picture. You should get some FTA channels. If you don't get any channels or the picture is really bad, the tuner sounds like it's faulty.

Have you tried changing the ucode, builtin is selected by defualt on this image, try changing it to 0014 or 001a

Sorry forgot this,

screen messages are:

Waiting for time

Can't decode

ERROR Channel not available - even on FTA

I had exactly the same problem. the cable i had purchased from flea bay was of very poor quality and the f-connectors were loose i tried a different cable and hey presto the ber went to 0

Hi

Just flashed image this afternoon, uploaded magic files and everything working no problem. Great stable image. Thanks everybody who were involved in the making of this image.

m8 does this make sense to you

BER 3680
SNR 63484
SIG 62448
BITRATE 0

thanks for bearing with me

Hi

Those were my readings before I set my location, have you done that. Ive just flashed the image this afternoon and just uploaded the keys files from the magic files to the keys folder on the box didnt have to chmod or anything did a scan and just started working almost straight away. Are you transferring all the individual files from the keys folder from the magic files to the keys folder at the box. Hope you get it sorted.

Last edited:
m8, doesn't the service files set the net id and freq, read something about root update, does that need to be done??? Still trying but no luck, yes set to mgcam and 0014 but still no joy...........will try a different image tomorrow perhaps that will help????

the netid sets the fast scan, its worth taking the time to setup properly, and do a fresh scan

Thanks for the Help, But

got a complete flash from mine (MTD5.IMG)

ftp to his tmp folder
then write one partion
file selctor
then it shows the MTD5.IMG
press red after asking do I want to flash

and get

cant open mtd5-device

and nothing happens

any idea again what I am doing wrong
My back up of comm7.5 with service and bow k is mtd4 not mtd 5 never heard of that mate

best image yet!! thanx for previous info on installing keys etc

oh and somtimes when i do reboot the reboot logo comes up but nothing happens. somtimes i can see an overlay of a menu behind that screen. And i needed to use the iweb to reboot it :s

Last edited:
symbol top right

just loaded this image up and so far so good,
however I've got an annoying symbol in the top right hand corner of the screen, it looks like a speaker with a line through ( like a mute symbol on a remote)!!!!
Anyone know how to get rid of it ???

thats because it is a mute symbol LOL!! try pressing the mute key on your remote, it should disappear (dont worry that although the mute symbol is showing yet the sound is not muted - its a bug in Commando.)

I don't use the dbox2 remote, my shiny Chaemeloeon remote's mute button doesn't get rid of the symbol.
Anyone one know how to get rid off my screen ????

I'm not familiar with that remote. Did you not get a DBOX remote with the DBOX? If so just dig it out and unmute. Or have you tried re-booting?

tried re-booting , but its still there.
I do have a Dbox2 remote , but I presume that won't permanently get rid of the icon ?

hmm, strange, not seen that before. try re-installing 7.5 and also the updated sqshfs file and the "1hr time file" patch?

oh bugger , now u mention it the time is an hour out !!!!
I'll try and find the patch ???
PS thanks 4 ur help with the mute icon , think I've sorted it.

sorry to ask .... I really did have a look for a patch but I ca'nt find it , anyone no where it is???

Last edited:
Back