[Release] commando 7.5 - Revenge Of The Diff

Loving this forum and this image...
quick question...
i ftp to the dbox fine..transfer to it no problem !!

the problem is the other way round..i wanta BACKUP of my image on my laptop.
but the upload of the 8meg is like...10 hours !!!
any1 any ideas ?
cheers
chris
Change your networkcard to 10baseT_halfduplex and try that.

cheers m8..
i managed to sort it...i used auto negotiate..it is miles faster now..
thanks for help

Very nice image, running perfectly on my sagem 2x though I have to say the shotgun sound at startup (at unchangable maximum volume) was a problem for me as I use my stereo's AUX and the DBOX phono connections for audio and it played so loud it nearly blew my ear drums out lol.

Thanks Guys! :)

If anyone else also wants to stop the shotgun sound from playing, simply delete "tc-01.mp3" from "/var/bin"... I did!! :D

Psy

copying keys to var\bin?

after loading the image and the root update I tried to copy the 'special files' to var\bin (as I've previously done with other images) but this time the cam files seem to be shortcuts not 'real' files and I get "transfer failed" messages, am I being dumb?

p.s., message for the Commando chappies; The Mute bug ( I reported in the Commando 6 thread) is still there! Thought you'd like to know!"

after loading the image and the root update I tried to copy the 'special files' to var\bin (as I've previously done with other images) but this time the cam files seem to be shortcuts not 'real' files and I get "transfer failed" messages, am I being dumb?

Put the 3 emu files in "/var/bin" instead of "/var/bin/emu"and those shortcuts will automatically point at them.

Psy

Last edited:
Put the 3 emu files in "/var/bin" instead of "/var/bin/emu"and those shortcuts will automatically point at them.

Psy

the emu's are in /bin they are symlinked form /var/bin/emu

as these are included and are the newest camds I wouldnt recomend changing them, try the magic files from the downloads they work better

thanks to you both. I'll give up trying to get the emus in. I've loaded the 'magic files' and still its sitting there saying "decode pending" So I've gone back to V6 now 'till I can figure out whats wrong with 7 :(

Thanks Sagem, I tried exactly the sequence you suggest (with the addition of a CHMOD 755 after copy of the magic files, I assume this is needed?) and then I loaded my bouquet and still I get "decode pending" and no encrytped channels are showing, after leaving it on for a couple of hours!! I also did a full bruteforce scan and this doesnt help, so I'm stumped!! Back to V6 (again!).

have you try changing to a different Camd or Ucode ??

er..no. Not to familiar with that process, although I did try switching all the cams on with no luck. I;m not clear on what the ucodes do?

er..no. Not to familiar with that process, although I did try switching all the cams on with no luck. I;m not clear on what the ucodes do?

I think the default for the image is builtin, I have a sagem and 0014 always works best for me, press dbox > extras menu > ucodes Select the ucode you want then save the box should reboot, if it dosnt power it off and backon, you cant break anything doing this

I have a Nokia 2x, does this make any difference? is it the cams that decrypt or the ucodes or both?

just so you are aware i thought i might aswell list the slight bugs i have found.

On the VLC stream, there is no sound. And also noticed that mute stops working if you change channels.

So there you go. Sound image otherwise.

I have a Nokia 2x, does this make any difference? is it the cams that decrypt or the ucodes or both?

if you have a read of pt-1's help file it will answer your question, save me typing as well lol

seems it was the cam setting. I switched on NewCam and all started to suddenly work! Thanks to all you guys out there. Now I'm going to go off and find out what the cams actually do...or as renwich politely implied..RTFM!!!!

For those who are struggling with the magic files and the root update here are a couple of tutorials, hope this helps

First time with a dbox Sagem 1XI Image problem

This is the first dbox I have attempted, tried to do as much myself as poss......followed the tuts, i have listed my steps so perhaps someone could help me get that last step before it magically starts working.

Flashed Commando 7.5 onto Sagem 1xI using Dbox Image flash assistant - no problems

Used FlashFXP to connect to dbox - no problem

Loaded service & bouquet files to - /var/tuxbox/config/zapit

Loaded key Files to - /var/keys/ set permissions/chmod to 755

Loaded evocamd, mgcamd, newcamd, files to - /var/bin/ set permissions/chmod to 755

Reset and let dbox try to set channel - Screen shows channel name but give ERROR BUT NO CHANNELS FOUND?????

Pls help

I don't think you needed to copy over any emu files.

Did you copy over the nagra rom files as well?

If you are getting 'error channel not available' then the channel isn't there. If it was a key/rom or emu problem you would get a blank screen and no error.

Try doing a scan then go to a BBC channel. Make sure FTA are working first then try the premium channels. It might take time for the keys to update, maybe a few minutes or so.

Also try changing the ucode.

Back