Rbm

I would say a couple more seconds and no not that much more work especially as I've already started it :)

If you go ahead with this work around and it works, can I suggest you give credit to Abu (if he wants crediting) even if it's only in the thread itself rather than about screen.

@Rat, here are the files....

Within the rar file, extract favourites.xml and place this in:-
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/RatsBouquetsMaker/custom

and place the other files (except for favourites.xml) in:-
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/RatsBouquetsMaker/providers

Do another scan and see if you're happy with the time it takes to scan now?

PS: It's still not done yet so this is just to check if your happy with the time it takes to scan

Attachments

• providers.rar
    16.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah thats fine Kev :)
@ketmp

Rats Bouquets Maker (RBM)

v0.7 beta - 23/10/16

Rat @ DigitalWorldz is proud to introduce a brand new version of Rat's Bouquet/Channel Updater, now known as Rats Bouquets Maker (RBM).

RBM features:-

• Bouquets in same order as Rats Bouquets
  • Select nearest local region
  • Ability to keep any of the regional channels (1-5) in SD for those areas where HD regional channel isn't available
  • Ability to swap S4C HD for Ch4 HD when Wales is selected as area.
  • Setup regular scheduled automatic scans
  • Update configurations file - for any possible additions/removals of channels
  • Check if any new version of plugin is available

RBM is based on (and thanks to) existing AutoBouquetsMaker by OE-A team but with removed menu options that are not needed and made improvements to default user options to match the requirements of Rats Bouquets. I would also like to thank
Abu Baniaz for his help/input and suggestions.

How To Install:-
This is still beta so please ensure you make a full image backup first. Install the plugin via usual means. If you have AutoBouquetsMaker (ABM) installed, please remove this first.

How To Use:-

1. Access RatsBouquetsMaker (RBM) from within Service searching menu option of your image (this varies dependent upon image).
  2. Click on "Configure" and here you have various options to choose from including setting a regular scan up.
  3. Click on "Providers" and under "area" select your nearest regional area and click save.
  4. Now just click on Start Scan and it will scan and normally takes about 45secs to complete.

Other options:-

• If you wish to delete any existing bouquets then choose, "Delete Bouquets". This option will remove ALL bouquets.
  • If you wish to ensure you have latest config files (ie in case of new channels, etc) then select "Update config files"

This is still in beta stages therefore I would be grateful if you could test this and post back on what Box and image (inc version/build date, if known) you tested it on and what you think and also any suggestions of improving it or bugs.

- - - Updated - - -

@Rat,

Here it is...

See this post for something i've just done obviously feel free to amend and add screenshots.

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-ratsbouquetsmaker_0.7_all.ipk
    217.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Ive got 0.7 ipk on now what you aded in mods room the other day

do I need to update configs or anything to re test ? Or is this ipk here different with same version number ?

Different with same version as I couldn't be bothered amending it.

Before it goes live live I would suggest we jump to v1 but left it as v0.7 to account for any changes between now and live live.

The ipk shouldn't need to be used with force-overwrite so feel free to try it :)

Yeah thats fixed ITV/CH4 in Wales and Scotland (Entertainment) :)

Right Im sorry if i have misunderstood you here
All that is in Scottish Variation is BBC Alba (592)
Welsh Variation
BBC One HD
BBC One
BBC2

Is this correct ?

No, you should have all the other scottish ones and not just BBC Alba.

Go into providers and you should see 3 entries, save and then do another scan.

If not, maybe do a force overwrite of the plugin.

I force overwrite :)

I ended up deleting bouquets and rebooting and then doing a re scan

and that sorted it :)

Look A OK

Scan dont seem any quicker though Kev, but tbh that dosent matter its only another minute if that :)

I agree it doesn't feel any quicker but it is only scanning 3 source files now instead of 4 so it is although not obvious

Kev there is 7 Radio again
Sorry to be a pain maybe because I have been changing and testing providers ?

I only had two when I tested. Possibly left-overs from previous versions.

You would be best to put box to sleep with init 4 and FTP to "/etc/enigma2" and remove everything with .radio, or .del at the end (or anything that mentions radio) and then wake box back up.

Alternatively, delete all files in that folder except "autotimer.xml", "timers.xml" and "settings". Everything else in there will belong to bouquets.

Is this fixble @ketmp ? or worth fixing even :)

Tried this out tonight Rat.
First impressions...very nice.The menu layout is good, All Bouquets are placed in a nice neat order just like your other plugin and the scan is fast too.
2 issues i found was in the providers menu if you set any of the settings to "no" like "Rats ROI bouquets" and hit green to save, when you go back into the providers menu they are all back to the default "yes".The only setting it seems to save is the local regional setting.
Also in the "Hide sections"i tried to hide the adult section and a couple of others just to test but they still show up in the bouquets, even after restarting the GUI or Box.
Other than that everything ive tried so far seems to be working well inc regional settings.
Suggestions for improvements...and this may sound completely off topic but at a later date when you have perfected this, how about intergrating your Picon updater into it (if possible) so its an all in 1 package.
But so far its looking very good, great work Rat.

Receiver is a Xtrend et8000 running openVIX 4.2 build 009.

With regards to Yes/No. I purposely made default Yes otherwise get people accidently changing it to No and it wouldn't scan and then more work for you diagnosing what they did.

Have you tried turning ROI to "no", save and then scan and seeing if ROI section is still there?

I agree about hide bouquet section but I'm sure I reported this a while ago to Abu that it didn't work. I'll look into that and see if I can see why it wont work otherwise will have to wait for it to be fixed by OE-A team.

I havent yet no
will check tomorrow mate of if she aint watching anything tonight :)

@ketmp
I changes ROI to no
well I did scotland and wales to no too and SAVED

Scanned and ROI has gone from Bouquets but Scotland and wales is still there

went back into Providers and all reverted back to yes so the SAVE never took affect

So it works then for ROI so it would probably work for Wales/scotland but BBC alba's source is SkyUK hence why it doesn't remove the bouquet section as SkyUK is still active.

Everytime a scan is done it would remember what you selected and it's only when you go into that screen would it default back to yes but once you have changed it you wouldn't need to go back into that screen.

I'm bit concerned about removing the default as most people would be happy with those settings and you would get people accidently changing it and then wondering where things have gone (including your main bouquets).

The hide section, if can get working, would also solve this issue as well as adult. The hiding of the adult section is a must I believe

TBH Im not bothered about removing ROI etc they can stay as default as they was in original bouquet

hide is a nice feature that would be nice if it could be fixed as I would also hide adult
I wouldent even have them tbh but I have to think of others

There will have to be 3 versions of RBM as one of the files, dvbreader, is dependent on type of CPU. Most boxes use broadcom MIPS architecture but odd few use 2 others. Solo4k is one such box that uses ARM instead.

Abu mentioned this to me.

Back