Rai reception

damaan

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have changed my frequencies for Rai 1, 2 and 3 after the transponder change this week. However I have noticed that the picture is quite bad since the switch from 11766V to 10992V. The picture is fuzzy and you can I can see the little digital 'squares' whilst watching. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there anything I can do to get a better picture again?:(
Thanks.

I have changed my frequencies for Rai 1, 2 and 3 after the transponder change this week. However I have noticed that the picture is quite bad since the switch from 11766V to 10992V. The picture is fuzzy and you can I can see the little digital 'squares' whilst watching. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there anything I can do to get a better picture again?:(
Thanks.

ive just checked the rai channels on my unixbox and they look ok to me although i never watch the rai channels so havent really got any comparison to make. regards mdt

yeah as MDT says they all look ok including rai 4 with softcam,perhaps your dish is slightly out try nudging east/west if motorised either on diseqc1.2 or alter your long a bit if on usals.if its a fixed dish you will need to manually adjust.

Thanks for the replies. It strange because the picture was fine with the 11766V reception but since the switch to 10992V it has become much worse. My dish is always in the same place as its a static one. My LNB is a Monoblock but 0.3dB. Signal wise its always the same at about 75% - so I really don't know whats happened:(

even though its fixed it could have moved a bit,initially I"d try just twisting the lnb to alter the skew a touch but check the other sat on the monoblock is still ok 19E?if this fails to improve it you may have to re-align the dish IE;move it L/R and up/down to max the signal all the rai channels on 10.992V are good and strong and you should not be getting any probs with them.is your dish an 80cm.

even though its fixed it could have moved a bit,initially I"d try just twisting the lnb to alter the skew a touch but check the other sat on the monoblock is still ok 19E?if this fails to improve it you may have to re-align the dish IE;move it L/R and up/down to max the signal all the rai channels on 10.992V are good and strong and you should not be getting any probs with them.is your dish an 80cm.

My dish is 90cm. Is 75% a good signal strength or should it be higher? I was thinking - would a new monoblock (one of 0.1dB) make a difference?

I doubt changing the lnb will help(unless you think its faulty) signal strength readings will vary box to box Its the quality reading that counts I"m getting 86% snr and 81% quality on a tm6800 and 1mt dish near the humber,have you tried to re-align or check the skew?

I doubt changing the lnb will help(unless you think its faulty) signal strength readings will vary box to box Its the quality reading that counts I"m getting 86% snr and 81% quality on a tm6800 and 1mt dish near the humber,have you tried to re-align or check the skew?

Thanks Dick B for that. I will go out and check the skew/alignment as soon as the wind drops a bit and I'll report back:thumbsup:

Tried and tried to improve the signal but could not get it greater than 78%. Anyway it made no difference to the picture on Rai. But! I changed the settings inside my techomate from 4:3 to 16:9 on A/V output and changed the PAL setting to PAL D/G from PAL1 and hey presto the picture is perfect! Why this his made a difference I have no idea! But who cares!:banana:

Back