Can this be right?

Sandra51

DW Regular ++
Reaction score
Many years ago we had a really funny sitcom in England that ran for several seasons called "Love Thy Neighbour" where Eddy, a white racist, was upset to see that his new neighbours were a black man and his wife. The men didn't get on but their wives became good friends. Due to all the woke pc nonsense, long before as bad as it has been for about 20 years so that funny comedy isn't usually allowed on British TV, they decided that it would never be shown again and it was never repeated.

I noticed that an Amercan sitcom is being aired on channel E4 called The Neighborhood, which looks like it is an Americanised remake of Love Thy Neighbour in reverse, going off this trailer for it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It looks like it will be funny abnd worth watching, but why can we not see repeats of our own original sitcom, which was probably funnier.

I guess that the American one is going to be more acceptable these days seeing as the racist is a black man 🤔

Unfortunately, this is the way with most funny stuff now :(

Having to bite my tongue a little on what I say, but in general if ppl aren't happy watching something then they should turn it off and let the ppl who enjoy it continue to enjoy it. These things are made to entertain us not discriminate against anyone.

Were a nation of p*ss takers we always have been this is why other countries don't get our humour especially those yanks ffs. Watch some of their stand up comedians " Yoh, your ma's as fat as a ............" Yeah right very funny.

Our humours about having a dig, go out with your m8's and wear the wrong shirt and that's you f#cked for the evening.

The woke brigade are slowly creeping in on every walk of life. They want all forms of discrimination ripping from every walk of life.

Typical British humour on a daily basis is:-

View attachment insidearsenal9_2022-06-13-12-20-31_1655119231868.mp4

And that's how the f##k it should be

Like lots of things in life comedy is subjective. I also think the US have had some great comedies over the years tbh.

I was surpised to see that all the original Love Thy Neighbour series and the series where Eddy went to Australia are available on YouTube but they come up with a warning that some may find them offensive. Surely only someone under 30 or who has had a sense of humour bypass would take offence at any of those.

It's the same with stand up comedy, watch episodes of Live at the Apollo and you will see Black and Asian comedians telling the exact same type of jokes that White comedians used to tell but with the butt of the joke reversed. Strange that this is not considered racist when it was before when the joke was aimed the other way round....................perhaps only White people can be Racist ?
In my mind Racism is a nasty uncalled for action, but joking if not meant offensively is OK but it needs everyone to be tolerant with the real prime example being Irish jokes, truthfully who hasn't told or laughed at a "Paddy Joke" and yet when have you ever heard of those jokes being racist ?

The "N" word is so called so offensive if you are heard saying it you will be arrested

but

If your black throw it in a song or call your homey m8 one your fine.
All bollox if you ask me

Back