Question For UR Team

Then thats when I will buy one mate, thanks for info.
Not everyone is sharing a sly card so yes they do use the card reader for sharing and probably don't want the expense of paying for a smargo when TM800 is meant to have a working card reader lol

Lol i think it doesnt at the moment tony but like i said it does what most people require a sat reciever for these days and thats Tv via Cs lol

Probably very true...but theres no point paying 250 quid for a reciever like the TM800 if all you want is basic CS...less than half of that will get you a HD reciever with working CS even less if you dont want HD...

With all the competition kicking in at the lower / mid range of the market around the 150 pounds mark, by the time the image gets sorted on the TM800 it's probably going to need a price cut to compete...I doubt that gonna happen...

Why is it that every thread about the TM800 attracts the same moaning bunch of none owners?

You guys got some financial interest in other receivers or what?

I just can not understand it.

Probably very true...but theres no point paying 250 quid for a reciever like the TM800 if all you want is basic CS...less than half of that will get you a HD reciever with working CS even less if you dont want HD...

With all the competition kicking in at the lower / mid range of the market around the 150 pounds mark, by the time the image gets sorted on the TM800 it's probably going to need a price cut to compete...I doubt that gonna happen...

as i dont own one i cant answer that but hasnt it got wifi which is an advantage over many off the other recievers?

as i dont own one i cant answer that but hasnt it got wifi which is an advantage over many off the other recievers?

It would be when the correct drivers are installed, the chipset is a Ralink RT2770F N compliant chipset and i believe is used by Asus as the base for their WIFI laptops.Looking through the installed ipkgs i can only find ref to a RT2870A driver for USB adapters which is only b/g compliant could this be the reason no-one has managed to connect at speeds higher than 54mbps or am looking in the wrong place.

no maybe about it,I don't doubt for 1 moment you know more about sat and TM than me :) Ive never said I did ? but what I do have some knowledge in is Linux boxes

I know you have other TM receivers,you have mentioned it once or twice previous
maybe you should buy one that way you would have every right to complain and have opinions

you have made a few posts in here mate ;)

maybe digidude should just contact you when its finished,or at least when the card reader is fixed :proud:

he gets enough stick off all of us in the Mods room :)

tbh Ill leave it there as this could go on and on and I would rather not have tit for tat with members

Maybe just maybe I know a bit more than you about TM and UR team. I have been around a long time and have many cointacts in the sat world.Just to clarify the facts here relating to me and TM products.
I have TM1500/5400/600 of which I am and always have been very happy with.
I was one of the first to have a TM600 and was the original 1 scart version, never let me down and still use it.
The TM800 was top of my list and I spoke with Digidude on the subject of buying as soon as they were available as long as a year ago last July.
I have just offered my opinion based on known facts to me.
I have not continually posted anything detrimental about TM products as I have always liked them for quality and reliablity.I do however question the TM800 and it's lack of real support and this has held me back from buying it.
I talk to Digidude on a regular basis about updates for this receiver as I would still have one when it's sorted 100%
IMO the stb will never work as good as a Dm800 etc due to HW and support issues.
Now Digidude is also not 100% polite about TM800 support and UR team so why don't you have a dig at him instead.

Nope not really...the WIFI is a 50 quid extra additional addon...which as mentioned only seems to work on 802.11b/g speeds 54 Meg.
Other recievers will support a USB Wifi Dongle...VU DUO and Dream 800's to name a couple...A USB 802.11N compliant chipset dongle can be purchased for as little as 10 quid, I got Ralink one from ebuyer a few months ago for 9 quid...

well what i say is we all have or prefrence of sat reciever lets leave TM and UR to get on with it as im sure this thread will turn into a full blown argument, about the pro's and cons of every reciever out there so thats the last post from me.

Nope not really...the WIFI is a 50 quid extra additional addon...which as mentioned only seems to work on 802.11b/g speeds 54 Meg.
Other recievers will support a USB Wifi Dongle...VU DUO and Dream 800's to name a couple...A USB 802.11N compliant chipset dongle can be purchased for as little as 10 quid, I got Ralink one from ebuyer a few months ago for 9 quid...

Why don't you send you tm800 back then if you hate it so much....

I think rat hit the nail on the head in the last thread *yawn* this is now getting ever so boring. The image is being developed you cant expect weekly updates... Lets just wait and see what happens but until then just chill and relax.

my fault, i deleted both those posts and then my chinese arrived and i forgot about them when i came back :)

reason: posts deleted as unnecessary and not adding anything constructive to the thread

Last edited:
Sometimes things are best left.
We dont want to be compared to other forums do we when it comes to censoring everything we personally disapprove of.
This forum was built on never deleting/removing posts unless seriously racist or threatening.
That way we can all see for ourselves what has been said.
Please think twice before deleting posts all the time.
Mod does not equal god, just an overseer of threads.
Not meant personal Eva as I know you are not being nasty when you delete posts.
Thanks.

Sometimes things are best left.
We dont want to be compared to other forums do we when it comes to censoring everything we personally disapprove of.
This forum was built on never deleting/removing posts unless seriously racist or threatening.
That way we can all see for ourselves what has been said.
Please think twice before deleting posts all the time.
Mod does not equal god, just an overseer of threads.
Not meant personal Eva as I know you are not being nasty when you delete posts.
Thanks.

I was actually about to delete them too for the same reason as eva, no benefit to the thread and both can be classed as flaming.

You know what you can do with your flaming opinion dont you?
Let things ride ffs its an open forum, not just to coincide with your opinon on things thats what forums are for.

Stick the topic where the sun don't shine matey and fecking ban me while you are at it please.
If someone dont agree with the mighty Technomate 800 shite on here then things start happening to their posts etc. Not the first time lately either!
So heres an open invitation, ban me and feck off back where you came from.

Stick the topic where the sun don't shine matey and fecking ban me while you are at it please.
If someone dont agree with the mighty Technomate 800 shite on here then things start happening to their posts etc. Not the first time lately either!
So heres an open invitation, ban me and feck off back where you came from.

No sorry im not into banning folks.

It's a shame you have taken the attitude you have as your an intelligent guy who knows what you are on about yet for some unknown reason you choose to spend your time having a go at a box you don't even own.

ok lets just take a step back here.

the posts deleted this evening were deleted by me and it didnt relate to technomate in any way.

so please don't say that they were deleted because technomate was being criticised because that isnt the case. they were deleted because they looked like they might cause a petty argument.

if you or anyone else feels that posts in this area are being moderated unfairly, send a message to either a moderator or admin about it and somebody will look at it.

Back