Question For UR Team

Malcolm-X

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to know what ever happened to your promise of a new release early this month?

Have you decided to pack your bags and call it a day or are you still working on it?

Please DO NOT give an exact release date (as no doubt you will NOT deliver), but I would (as well as others on here) appreciate some sort of indication.

Regards

they are still about as i had a PM from them this morning about the TM600 image that i released with the w/s fix

Yep, I also had quite a bit of feedback today from UR. They are on it, they are working on the important issues as we identified and forwarded to them, but the specific date of delivery is not on the cards. Yes, there was a date mentioned, but more of a development spec. milestone than an actual date (not at liberty to disclose).
They have however promised interim releases... When - no indication.
All we can do is wait and see.

any update on the new image at all people :proud::proud:

LOL!!! :banana:

Sorry, I couldn't help but have a chuckle. No mate no update as yet and I would doubt we will have one until TM sort everything out on the receiver (well at least a couple of the minor things) before they release anything.

I would anticipate around mid November for another major stable release and I am basing this only on past releases and how frequent they have released anything major in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
i spoke to TM and UR on the phone last night, and really emphasised that they need to stop giving out dates. People are aware thet the image is still being worked on, and when they publically announce a date, the backlash from them missing this date is worse than saying 'coming soon' and taking 3 months, but, it is being worked on

As long as they do put any effort into actually doing it, which... we cannot know anything about unless they do the interim releases, right?
So it's a bit of a mixed dish.

OK, fine, keep quiet and do the work. But unless you give the consumer a chance to tell you whether your work makes a positive difference or it's just an utter waste of time (VFD for example), or even worse - it breaks things that were working before, what's the point of the effort being throw into it?

It's been a month, give us the current state of the image and we'll tell you how close or far you are! :(

i spoke to TM and UR on the phone last night, and really emphasised that they need to stop giving out dates. People are aware thet the image is still being worked on, and when they publically announce a date, the backlash from them missing this date is worse than saying 'coming soon' and taking 3 months, but, it is being worked on

Hi Digi,

Have you asked them regarding releasing the codes for allowing the receiver to be an "Open Source" receiver as they promised?

Surely TM should by now understand that UR are not the best guys to be working on this and they would get better results elsewhere.

What I would like to know is the fact whether or not TM are UR and is that the reason they would not want others to touch the work?

Either that or the fact that TM have messed up somewhere with the hardware which they know would be spotted if they release the codes to allow for others to create the an image??

UR team and TM family now same thing.
Plain to see for all.
Amateurs playing where the pros should be doing the work.
Digidude and the rest of the lads on here have achieved a lot in a short time.
Tonedef didn't have a clue a year ago and is now highly respected in the area in such a short time.

TM and UR, while they may communicate, are 2 diferent things

at the time of posting, there is only the one source code CVS for the TM800, and as everyone knows, the images copmiled from this CVS is not a fully functional image, so, every further image compiled from it, will also contain bugs

While they may never be on time, they do generally follow through with promises, and have said that as soon as the image is stable, with all things working that should be working, they will release the code to developers to improve and add things as they see fit, but, with no official support

The image is still being worked on so if the UR_ team are part of TM as you think
Why does it matter ? Or in fact bother you,as I'm sure it will all come together in the end :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldent say your opinions really bothers me tbh
I and others do wonder why you bother replying to posts in this room when its obvious to see you have major issues with the TM800 reciever

it has been posted that they are not one and are seperate,but you still question ?

Maybe just maybe I know a bit more than you about TM and UR team. I have been around a long time and have many cointacts in the sat world.
Just to clarify the facts here relating to me and TM products.
I have TM1500/5400/600 of which I am and always have been very happy with.
I was one of the first to have a TM600 and was the original 1 scart version, never let me down and still use it.
The TM800 was top of my list and I spoke with Digidude on the subject of buying as soon as they were available as long as a year ago last July.
I have just offered my opinion based on known facts to me.
I have not continually posted anything detrimental about TM products as I have always liked them for quality and reliablity.
I do however question the TM800 and it's lack of real support and this has held me back from buying it.
I talk to Digidude on a regular basis about updates for this receiver as I would still have one when it's sorted 100%

IMO the stb will never work as good as a Dm800 etc due to HW and support issues.
Now Digidude is also not 100% polite about TM800 support and UR team so why don't you have a dig at him instead.

Last edited:
Guys cant talk about the tm800 as i dont own one,but surely is it really worth it everyone arguing about a reciever that one day will be good,were all on here to share each others knowledge and hopefully get on lol,the tm800 gives 99% of users exactly what they want from what i read about them and thats tv via CS so it satisfies most of the end users IMHO.

Does the card reader work now then Jimmy mate?
A pretty basic function for linux sharing stb I would of thought?

Lol i think it doesnt at the moment tony but like i said it does what most people require a sat reciever for these days and thats Tv via Cs lol

any hows im keeping out of this room its gets to argumentative for me lol im going back to my spidey room lol

Does the card reader work now then Jimmy mate?
A pretty basic function for linux sharing stb I would of thought?

i knew you was gonna say that lol

id rather have a card reader that didnt work, than one that cooked my viewing card ;) but it works with a smargo ;)

i think that by xmas (6 and half months after release) the image will hopefully be sorted. as the image is PLi, once its sorted, itll be solid. a lot of the issues are probably down to the different hardware needing different drivers and working in different ways, and as im finding out working on something else, when youre the only one working on something that didnt exist untill you tried it, the support is zero, all trial and error

theres things i can do at the moment on the tm800 that i cannot do on the dm800 running the latest nabilo image, like run cool epg, just like there are things i can do on the dm that i cannot on the tm, like watch youtube, but thats only temporary

how many people actually buy a receiver to use a viewing card in these days? less than 5% on sites like this id say at a guess.

theres some receivers out there that id never risk putting a card into ;)

Back