Question For UR Team

ok lets just take a step back here.

the posts deleted this evening were deleted by me and it didnt relate to technomate in any way.

so please don't say that they were deleted because technomate was being criticised because that isnt the case. they were deleted because they looked like they might cause a petty argument.

if you or anyone else feels that posts in this area are being moderated unfairly, send a message to either a moderator or admin about it and somebody will look at it.

I wasn't talking about the posts you deleted eva, sorry if you thought that.
But others have been.

well as i said, calm down, you are a valued member here manic, and highly thought of, your knowledge is greatly appreciated in the sat area and if you weren't here people would miss you.

if you feel there is a bias here towards technomate, send one of the admins a message about it and they'll take a look at it :)

Every single time anyone that does not have this box says anything bad about it, the tm800 defence squad jumps! Consequently, almost every thread gets polluted by a pile of unrelated rubbish.

When a non-owner keeps asking the same "feckin" provocative questions in almost every new thread, well yes, that could be considered (at least) boring & offensive, and certainly flaming to some that have lower tolerance for bull.

It also doesn't help when a defence player jumps on a bandwagon and starts countering every single sentence, font-colour and all.

Keep the damn threads on-topic, I am sure I'm not the only one swearing that I have to go through 5 pages of drivel hoping to find at least one meaningful post.

You want to start a tm800 flame war? Be my guest! But start your own damn topic. I might even join in (if I’m otherwise bored stiff). I have nothing against anyone, owner or not, saying whatever they want – but keep out of other people’s threads, that much you owe it to the basic public forum good manners.

Manic & all, I “dislike” what TM & UR are cooking easily more than anyone else, for a very simple reason: it costs me about 50% more to own this piece of crap than anyone of you guys in UK - shipping, VAT, etc. And it takes almost a month for anything ordered from UK to arrive. So, my options are rather limited and when I commit my money to something, it better do what the box says, or ... I’ll be feckin’ upset, you can take this to the bank. As DD can witness, the language that I use on rare occasions when I have something to bounce off TM/UR is anything but politically correct.
The difference is – I DO provide meaningful feedback to them and I DO devise usable solutions or workarounds and I DO volunteer my assistance. I don’t just sit on my hands and whine.

As far as my itemised image demands, from TM/UR, in order of priority, you’d be happy to know that for me too, card reader is in the 1st place. Yes, we do indeed feel the same.

boring!!!.jpg

Everyone has said what they wanted to know... If you have a question for UR_Team or whatever they are called ask it and then just wait for a response.

I want HD Skins!!

Now, if I may; on the WiFi subject:

The cost of TM’s WiFi is ridiculous, even if it supported the ‘n’ standard. However, the quality of the unit seems quite high and the reception is monumental.

The expectation of it supporting the ‘n’ standard is unreasonable – where did that come from at all? Did TM ever mention the ‘n’? Nope. All of the HD boxes that are currently on the market were designed way before the time ‘n’ was actually accepted as a standard, which was rather recently.

The notion of “other boxes support the dongle...” – and who if I may ask ever said that THIS box doesn’t? The box runs a garden variety Linux, pick your £10 ‘n’ dongle (but only if it comes with OPEN source Linux drivers!), and compile the drivers yourself, or, google the drivers already compiled for MIPSEL!

Furthermore, once the CVS becomes available, this box will be capable of doing *everything* that any other HD box of the similar HW architecture can do.

Now, if I may; on the WiFi subject:

The cost of TM’s WiFi is ridiculous, even if it supported the ‘n’ standard. However, the quality of the unit seems quite high and the reception is monumental.

The expectation of it supporting the ‘n’ standard is unreasonable – where did that come from at all? Did TM ever mention the ‘n’? Nope. All of the HD boxes that are currently on the market were designed way before the time ‘n’ was actually accepted as a standard, which was rather recently.

The notion of “other boxes support the dongle...” – and who if I may ask ever said that THIS box doesn’t? The box runs a garden variety Linux, pick your £10 ‘n’ dongle (but only if it comes with OPEN source Linux drivers!), and compile the drivers yourself, or, google the drivers already compiled for MIPSEL!

Furthermore, once the CVS becomes available, this box will be capable of doing *everything* that any other HD box of the similar HW architecture can do.

With respect m8, it was me who brought up the n compliance thing again.The chipset used is capable of providing n standard so why not enable it.I thought UR listened to feed back and took it onboard.If not then i am mistaken in some of the feedback i give.

Great, so we are back to basics; having the drivers source code that support the 'n', or a compiled version for MIPSEL.
Has anyone tried googling yet? I still haven't received the module so I can't help you there.

Back