Question about storeing sat

T67

Inactive User
Reaction score
Guys,

Wondering if someone can shed any light on this..I am having trouble getting more than 100 channels on 28.2e....I am getting about 97% when it locks onto it.Cant understand why it isnt picking up more than this..Also
is there certain transponders for the other East sats?
On 19.2e for talking sake on premiere 2 it freezes quite alot but on Tequilla it doesnt...Is there any way to cure this?
Any help appreciated

Cheers

Last edited:
T67 what reciever m8?

How much memory is free?

What image are you using?

What cam are you using?

A bit more info please m8

Reactions: T67
Its a dreambox with motorised dish, with new GP image m8 and running with gbox m8 and 4.8m is free m8....Anything else m8?
Managed to get the 28.2e up to 740,so getting somewhere with that..But stil getting the freezing issues though and 19.2e can get much more than 700..mmmmm

Last edited:
Its a dreambox with motorised dish, with new GP image m8 and running with gbox m8 and 4.8m is free m8....Anything else m8?
Managed to get the 28.2e up to 740,so getting somewhere with that..But stil getting the freezing issues though and 19.2e can get much more than 700..mmmmm

Are you tracking the arc properly?

Who set up your motorised dish?

What size dish is it?

What is your approx location?

How long is the cable?

Robbo: multi :

Are you tracking the arc properly?

Who set up your motorised dish?

What size dish is it?

What is your approx location?

How long is the cable?

Robbo: multi :
Couldnt say for sure I am tracking the arc properly m8(if there is a way to try n check it out m8,LMK) and it was someone I knew who set it up previously its a 91cm,Glasgow and the cable is about roughtly 15-20 metres...

Update,I have been going into motor config and selecting different transponders and tweaking them til I get a lock,then scanning to see if it helps any..On some it has picked up more channels but 19.2e just wont pick up anymore...Do you need to go into config and manually go trough each one and when you get a lock on 1.scan it and then start over again on the next transponder..Is that what you must do guys?

Mate, sounds like a signal problem - i think it's best you go back to basics. This might help, if not there are plenty of manuals on DW, and the web.

Before you start, do a reset on your box AND motor to clear any fine adjustments.

If you are attempting a diseq motorised set up, you must have a 100% vertical mounting post, and must have the motor elevation / declination angles set precisely, according to your location (check your motor manual).

You should then use your satellite finder function and select a good strong transponder on satellite 1W Thor (e.g. BBC/Gospel Ch. 11325H, Symbol 24500, FER 7/8.
If this does not lock on with minimal BER, and good SNR, then adjust your dish elevation and east to west movement until you get the best signal.

You should then be on the arch for the other satellites to the east and to the west of Thor.

You will need to input your longitude/latitude co-ordinates into your box according to your location (www.multimap.com), so the right step sequence can be sent to the motor to turn the dish to each satellite.

Make sure you have no addional joins in your cable, and the connections are clean.

Next, tune in services from a selection of strong satellites to the east and west. and check your reception with FTA services, or a meter if you have one.

Good luck!

Mate, sounds like a signal problem - i think it's best you go back to basics. ........., then adjust your dish elevation and east to west movement until you get the best signal.
!
Yes I agree with delectable, if you don't know your arc is correct to start with, you are onto a loser from the start.
I don't know if you are using USALs or DiSEqC, but either way, sending the dish to the correct place for 1W,and making the necessary adjustments should get you on -track.
When adjusting the azimuth,swivel the motor around the pole, the dish itself must remain perfectly central on the motor stub.
Your dish is plenty big enough, and your cable length is OK, so unless there is any other faults (which I doubt) you should get everything (apart from analogue) booming in off 19.2E

Ok thanks guys for the input...Probably correct in saying go back to the start and try again...But would it still be an arch problem if the channel is showing ok,but sticking freezing most times..Thought that because it had picked it up ok,then would have been ok,but am new to this and appreciate the feedback given guys :) rep given for your help

Hi

Even if you are tracking the arc , you still need to tweak into a good strong channel
on each sat. If on each sat you have a strong channel signal and can,t get it better
and then other channels give you problems, it is going to be signal problems and you
may have to get a larger dish.

fezzy.: multi :

Hi

Even if you are tracking the arc , you still need to tweak into a good strong channel
on each sat. If on each sat you have a strong channel signal and can,t get it better
and then other channels give you problems, it is going to be signal problems and you
may have to get a larger dish.

fezzy.: multi :
Cheers m8,Right just been playing around all morning with this and noticed when I go to into the config and select a transponer to scan ALL of them are now hitting between 90-94% where as before they werent..some werent even locking but for some srange reasons they are now..but stil getting the freezing though...Thought my luck was in there

Guys,I dont know if this matters but see when I go through the motor config and the drop down box were you select your trasnponders are,some of them for talking sake sake (this is on 19.2e) 11033/27500/v but when I go to the sat link page on kingofsat it says the nearest one to that is 11034..would that make a difference at all?? Some are the same numbers but have just noticed theres a few with 1 digit out like above...anyone tell me if that would make a difference?

Guys,I dont know if this matters but see when I go through the motor config and the drop down box were you select your trasnponders are,some of them for talking sake sake (this is on 19.2e) 11033/27500/v but when I go to the sat link page on kingofsat it says the nearest one to that is 11034..would that make a difference at all?? Some are the same numbers but have just noticed theres a few with 1 digit out like above...anyone tell me if that would make a difference?

I don't believe it would make a difference. On my receiver ( I have a TM) loads of the frequencies are out by a MHz (probably all, I have never checked). Easy to check, one way or the other though, just change the frequency.

Another thing to try, dish position wise, is to tweak the position of the dish in the Diseqc1.2 control menu, to see if you can improve things a little.

I don't believe it would make a difference. On my receiver ( I have a TM) loads of the frequencies are out by a MHz (probably all, I have never checked). Easy to check, one way or the other though, just change the frequency.

Another thing to try, dish position wise, is to tweak the position of the dish in the Diseqc1.2 control menu, to see if you can improve things a little.
ok m8,can I catch you on msn at all m8.as your PM isnt on..cheers

Sorry, not on MSN. I can't find a way of turming PMs on either.

On my receiver, you can go into the motor control menu and just give the dish a little nudge round if needed.

Sorry, not on MSN. I can't find a way of turming PMs on either.

On my receiver, you can go into the motor control menu and just give the dish a little nudge round if needed.
No probs m8,Yeh had done that in the motor config bit but dont make any difference..The thing is 28.2e is fine..I have flicked through most of them channels and they seem stable enough..I will muck around with it some more until I pull every hair left on my head out,btw which aint much..lol
I dont think yu get PM privileges til a certain amount of posts(i think I read that somewhere m8)..thanks again m8 :)

Could someome answer me this,you are storing the satelite in the motor config when a sat locks on say 90% on transponder 11393/27500 on 13e.
So if you check the rest of the transponders on that sat,they should all be locking onto it?And when you go throuhg each transponder 1 at a time and they are roughly saying 90% for them all,then you should have a ver good signal...Like I say guys am knew t this and trying to get me head arond how exacly it is this thing works...Cheers
Also when scanning would you go through all the transponders in the drop down box and pick the highest % transponder to use for scanning?So many questins so little time..lol
Also just noticed that 1 of them wont lock to it as the BER is really high,so will that mean that transponder I will have bother with..

Last edited:
Just an update guys....I was going round in circles and decided best bet would be to get the professionals in and I dont mean the TV ones..lol
Anyway,the dish is fine as is the box,..The problem is 100% with connecting using gbox...The guy who I spoke to is a master with them and within 2 mins confirmed that its the problem...I appreciate the help given guys and sorry for all the stupid questions..Atleast I know that everything setup wise is fine,just need to see if I can get something sorted ...Thanks
smile.gif

Glad you're on the right track T67.
On reflection, if you'd mentioned that the FTA channels were ok, (which i assume they are if GBox is your problem), we could have got you on track quicker.

Personally, i've had better success with CCcam than Gbox with the DMs. Why don't you PM me and i'll talk you through it.

Glad you're on the right track T67.
On reflection, if you'd mentioned that the FTA channels were ok, (which i assume they are if GBox is your problem), we could have got you on track quicker.

Personally, i've had better success with CCcam than Gbox with the DMs. Why don't you PM me and i'll talk you through it.
Thanks m8,PM now sent :)

Back