PSP Unbricking Service

This is good news really. i can see these "magic batterys" becoming more widespread and even if we dont get to buy them...., dealers will be lowing unbricking prices to beat there rivals.
but even at 29 bucks, it's still not much to lose if you fook your psp.
it gives piece of mind tbh knowing theres an easy way to sort your PSP if you do brick it :)
and i have also heard good reports about this company too.

This is good news really. i can see these "magic batterys" becoming more widespread and even if we dont get to buy them...., dealers will be lowing unbricking prices to beat there rivals.
but even at 29 bucks, it's still not much to lose if you fook your psp.
it gives piece of mind tbh knowing theres an easy way to sort your PSP if you do brick it :)
and i have also heard good reports about this company too.

things looking up for some people now

where did they get hold of the battery? one of them must have worked for sony or knows someone who does

looks like i may have to use these, i have just bricked a mates PSP

unless anyone knows anyone cheaper, cos it's out of my pocket, seen as i did it.

have u tryed pressing the little button with a little square on it,i once thought i had bricked one till i pressed that

looks like i may have to use these, i have just bricked a mates PSP

unless anyone knows anyone cheaper, cos it's out of my pocket, seen as i did it.

U shouldn't have to pay, your doing him the favour working on it surely?

never heard of a magic battery for de bricking psps untill reading this thread. i bet people will be pulling out bricked psps after reading this.

here are some pics of the magic battery.

SonyUnbricker2.png

SonyUnbricker3.png

http://psp-vault.com/images/justeaton/SonyUnbricker6.png[img]

Here's some specs on the battery, according to PSPGen:

# 1.1v-3.5v debug unit for connecting through the serial port in 3rd. battery pin.
# Transmission of data is UNENCRYPTED but uses a XOR algorithm for transmission (easily parsed and analyzed).
# Contains any number of IPLs (different ones for each motherboard revision (TA-XXX))
# IPL is loaded into the Kernel Memory. ME area seems most likely (IPL of the PSP is the same but missing 2 essential modules that the debug unit has).
# Contains ipl_mg_modules.bin and ipl_mg_nanddriver.bin
# IPL is encrypted in 3 stages. Easily decrypted to show stages, but not for decrypt each individual stage.
# Contains a 40x120 column TFT screen for display.
# Has a SERIAL port for PC connectivity.
# Seems to have a 32MB ROM IMAGE on Flash.
# 8MB of RAM.
# Nickel-Cadmium Battery Cell (possibly 76 hour battery life).
# AC/DC adapter port 15V.
# Contains 4 buttons (on/off, reset, connect/disconnect, menu).
# Arrow keys UP and DOWN for menu.

Back